Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

For me it seems like Slash and Duff have no reason to object to Izzy being back in the band, but they know Axl really doesnt want to just drop Frank and Fortus like that because they have been loyal to him for so long , he always mentions stuff like Fortus being in GNR for 14 years and Frank having his 10 year anniversary on stage too etc. He didnt even want to let DJ Ashba go with slash returning, DJ made that decision by himself to leave. There really is no hope unless Fortus resigns by himself, and why would he do that? Its the gig of his life with slash and duff being back

I am also not too sure about Adler having a guest spot because Axl might feel its better not to let him appear at all since he knows people would rather have Steven be on drums and him only having a guest spot in the band he formed being bull.

I'm out of likes but every single thing you just said is beyond accurate. Some people might not like the truth around here, but it's clear Axl would never throw his version of guns n roses away. They still play Chinese songs and still have a second keyboard player that brings nothing to the table..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

IZZY IS THE FUCKING MAN.

OK, so let's think about a "Fighter Pilot" for a few seconds...

A fighter pilot is a military guy that handles some serious shit and kicks some serious ass.  He doesn't necessarily get PAID a whole lot of money for this heavy and honorable work.

Once the "Fighter Pilot" leaves the military, he can get hired into the commercial world and work for a HUGE corporation and make some LARGE money.  

A "Fighter Pilot" has integrity and valor and honor.

A "Commercial Pilot" is considered a sell-out.

Do I have to spell it out any more for you all?  I repeat:

IZZY IS THE FUCKING MAN.

Well said. Agreed!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It looks like they didn't tell anybody from past line ups, sneaky or what?! I would bet on it that they never called Izzy and he found out same way as us!! 

I wonder who it was that made up the Steven with his bad back lie too :/ pretty obvious they're just ignoring him. 

Marc Canter and Eddie Trunk BOTH confirmed he had a bad back. Other than that we don't know much about what's going on with Adler.. He could have agreed to guest for the west coast portion of the tour, or axl just doesn't want him yet because he knows it would bury Frank and everyone would want Adler back, something the band isn't prepared to do. And frankly, it would be bad business

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I guess the same with Matt, he said he was never invited, Gilby also said he din't hear about the reunion.

All of them were just hearing from different sources and not from Slash, Axl and Duff themselves. 

Yeah they left the band or were kicked out of the band, but how can we forget that Axl and Slash were the biggest enemies in the past 20 years, so if they can patch up, then I would have seen no problem in telling and calling the others too.

Because people completely misconstrued what was going on. They don't understand, it's axls band, like it or not. Fact. Axl didn't fire anybody from nuguns, fact. He replaced people who quit with two people who used to be in the band, who has no issue with anymore, and he has to legally go through with anything GNR related anyways. He didn't fire anybody and he hasn't since Matt sorum was in the band. Axl isn't a tyrant after all, but people want to interpret this in their own way regardless to justify what's going on. It's a continuation of NuGNR...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Because people completely misconstrued what was going on. They don't understand, it's axls band, like it or not. Fact. Axl didn't fire anybody from nuguns, fact. He replaced people who quit with two people who used to be in the band, who has no issue with anymore, and he has to legally go through with anything GNR related anyways. He didn't fire anybody and he hasn't since Matt sorum was in the band. Axl isn't a tyrant after all, but people want to interpret this in their own way regardless to justify what's going on. It's a continuation of NuGNR...

Not really true, but ok.  DJ self-admittedly left bc the regrouping

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

He din't fire anyone, but people were fed up of him thats why they left the band, if they loved the band so much then why would Izzy, Matt, Josh Freese, Robin, Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Brain and Ashba leave? they were fed up of Axl and his tantrums. 

I won't say this a continuation of NuGNR, its a big business deal, now its about "Axl, Slash, Duff", whether you see the promos or things like biggest reunion in the history or coming back after 23 years. For them Fortus and Frank were cheaper than Izzy, Matt and Steven. 

14 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Marc Canter and Eddie Trunk BOTH confirmed he had a bad back. Other than that we don't know much about what's going on with Adler.. He could have agreed to guest for the west coast portion of the tour, or axl just doesn't want him yet because he knows it would bury Frank and everyone would want Adler back, something the band isn't prepared to do. And frankly, it would be bad business

I admire your optimism, but I can't buy into it. Like I said before this part of the tour kicked off, I'm 100% convinced we won't see Adler play drums for gnr. Not ever. 

It's easy for a rumour to get out of control and for people like Eddie and Marc to believe it. I wanted to believe it too. But it's not going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yes really. That doesn't mean dj was fired. He quit. Nothing I said there was innacurate 

Actually you said he "replaced people who left"...so that isn't true.  DJ left bc he was being replaced.  

• Like 2

I think it's time for Frank and Fortus to leave. This should be a new era for GNR.

Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy and if not Steven then a drummer who can play the songs like they're supposed to be played.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

He din't fire anyone, but people were fed up of him thats why they left the band, if they loved the band so much then why would Izzy, Matt, Josh Freese, Robin, Bucket, Ron, Tommy, Brain and Ashba leave? they were fed up of Axl and his tantrums. 

I won't say this a continuation of NuGNR, its a big business deal, now its about "Axl, Slash, Duff", whether you see the promos or things like biggest reunion in the history or coming back after 23 years. For them Fortus and Frank were cheaper than Izzy, Matt and Steven. 

Umm Ashba was asked to stay, and Tommy left due to personal reasons. Hell Tommy was at the show last night and made some really nice comments about Guns publicly on his instagram account... But please carry on.

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I agree, and I will honestly say that I couldn't blame a lot of them for leaving when they did. Izzy left because of everybody, not just Axl. Matt was fired because Axl and Paul Tobias smack talked slash. Freese bounced around between everybody so he wasn't realistically ever keepable. But everybody else had their reasons to quit, Axl combined with personal lives and differences between how the captain wanted to run the ship.

And good for all of them. They had that right and in the end it seems everything worked out for the best. But this is a continuation, they're playing the same Chinese material but Axl is willing to let slash and duff are willing to work together with him. I don't think it had to do with fortus and Frank be in cheaper, well it could be a little, but it's also the fact that they've been in guns n roses so long and Axl likes their loyalty. Why fire them when they've done nothing wrong? It's probably the way Axl looks at it... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I admire your optimism, but I can't buy into it. Like I said before this part of the tour kicked off, I'm 100% convinced we won't see Adler play drums for gnr. Not ever. 

It's easy for a rumour to get out of control and for people like Eddie and Marc to believe it. I wanted to believe it too. But it's not going to happen. 

It wasn't a rumor for Marc tho, he had first hand knowledge, so unless he was lied to, his information came directly from the source.

Edited by tsinindy

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Actually you said he "replaced people who left"...so that isn't true.  DJ left bc he was being replaced.  

Dj left because how the hell could he ever split solos with slash? His role would have changed. In axls mind, he was probably replacing not bumblefoot. Dj has also changed his answer a few times in that regard and axls side of it would help..  But the point is, Axl didn't force Dj out. He never gave him the pink slip so in that regard, I'm right 

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

From where? From the gnr camp generating the rumour? Or from steven himself? 

Steven.

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Dj left because how the hell could he ever split solos with slash? His role would have changed. In axls mind, he was probably replacing not bumblefoot. Dj has also changed his answer a few times in that regard and axls side of it would help.. 

So?  What you said still wasn't true.  DJ made his decision I don't care why.

• Like 1