The Dark Knight Rises

axl_on_drums

This movie looks fucking awful just like the last two. You would have to pay me to watch it and it would have to be big money.

There is no way you are being serious with this statement. As for Bane's death, he was going to die in the blast regardless and so was Talia, it was part of the plan. Tom Hardy's performance matched Ledger's performance in many ways. What he does with his eyes and voice was chilling and the way he always held his lapels was fucking a cool touch. I loved it when he gently laid his hand on that daggats shoulder and said " do you feel in charge?" The movie worked on every level.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna use spoiler tags.

Fantastic film loved it. I understand the complaints, but in reality I think people where expecting another "Dark Knight". It's final part of a 3 film series, there was alot ground to cover there and ignoring the ending of last film with Batman getting into saddle within 5 min start of this film was never gonna make sense. I think alot complaints are from people who seen "Dark Knight" before "Batman Begins".

Would love a Nightwing film. Looked around for few video interviews where JGL actually gets asked about the chance for a sequel, he brushes it off as just the end of film nothing more. You can tell though what he's thinking.

Just one thing though on Killer Croc, he already appeared in Nolan's Universe in 1 of the Batman: Gotham Knight short stories, set between Begins and Dark Knight.

Edited by AtariLegend

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Saw the movie. Very cool. Very good cinema.

Things I liked:

Joseph Gordon Levitt was great. The whole cast from the last movie was great. Story well done. Bane. They used one of my favorite Batman plotlines (Thalia Al Ghuul etc). All in all very well produced and directed.

Things I disliked:

Although Hatheway (?) is ultra sexy, I just couldn't buy her in that role. Shitcopter - looks bad and is prone to a bunch of plot holes. There was this one plot dump (when Selina talks to the guy she sold the fingerprints to) that was just ridiculous, made me rage.

All in all I'd say it's better than Begins, no where near TDK. But very good film. 7/10.

Finally got around to seeing it tonight. Much like The Dark Knight, this movie is something completely different from any other superhero movie ever produced. The movie had a different feel than the previous two while smartly tying the series together.

This is not an easy movie to watch. With the previous two you always had a sense that Batman had a handle on things. With this movie, the dread and anxiety is cranked pretty much throughout the movie.

There are very few moments in this movie where Nolan provides the audience any sort of relief. Things start out pretty bad, turn worse, then gets ugly. Even the ending is somewhat depressing.

The beat down of Batman was brutal to watch. I got the same feeling watching Batman realizing he was trapped as I do whenever I see videos of rats getting trapped inside a snake's cage. As much as The Joker was a more dynamic character on screen, nobody does impending doom like Bane.

Moreover, I think this is one of the "bigger" movies I've ever seen. I'm speaking in terms of scope, scale and sheer size of the sets. It's an ambitious movie, but for the most part, as an effort to be something different while being "big," I think it succeeds. There are a few nitpicks here and there, but definitely a movie seeing if you're looking for something truly different.

Cheers,

Andrew

fucking stupid end, and boring too, worst of the 3 by far imo, Bane sucks balls, I had no emotion for him unlike the joker and Ra.

So you felt no fear or terror when he was mercilessly beating the shit out of Batman then punching his skull until the helmet broke?

fucking stupid end, and boring too, worst of the 3 by far imo, Bane sucks balls, I had no emotion for him unlike the joker and Ra.

So you felt no fear or terror when he was mercilessly beating the shit out of Batman then punching his skull until the helmet broke?

I had a little sorrow for Batman but ultimately no, to early on in the film to feel much, you knew bato would be okay.

Finally got around to seeing it tonight. Much like The Dark Knight, this movie is something completely different from any other superhero movie ever produced. The movie had a different feel than the previous two while smartly tying the series together.

This is not an easy movie to watch. With the previous two you always had a sense that Batman had a handle on things. With this movie, the dread and anxiety is cranked pretty much throughout the movie.

There are very few moments in this movie where Nolan provides the audience any sort of relief. Things start out pretty bad, turn worse, then gets ugly. Even the ending is somewhat depressing.

The beat down of Batman was brutal to watch. I got the same feeling watching Batman realizing he was trapped as I do whenever I see videos of rats getting trapped inside a snake's cage. As much as The Joker was a more dynamic character on screen, nobody does impending doom like Bane.

Moreover, I think this is one of the "bigger" movies I've ever seen. I'm speaking in terms of scope, scale and sheer size of the sets. It's an ambitious movie, but for the most part, as an effort to be something different while being "big," I think it succeeds. There are a few nitpicks here and there, but definitely a movie seeing if you're looking for something truly different.

Cheers,

Andrew

Agree with this.

And I'd say the ending was needed. Some people are calling it sappy, but it was much needed after the sheer brutality of the film.

It pains me that nobody actually understands how serious I truly am here.

Well there are people who say Chinese Democracy is better than Appetite for Destruction too... lol

I understand you're serious, I also understand that you're wrong

Nolan's Batman movies have been a target for critics ever since the hype that surrounded The Dark Knight after Ledger's death, they've turned into a kind of pop culture spectacle somebody is bound to hate them.

Great film.

Complaints

- Banes death, I don't think many people liked this, I didn't believe he was dead at first and expected him to return... And he never.

- National anthem during the football game, probably the most cheesiest/cringe-worthy point of the film, but I do have a hatred for over-patriotic people, it's just separates the american audiance from the international audience. Also the whole singing over a plot unfolding in silence I've seen in many other films.

- I'm sure he was just leaving the city at 1minute 50, yet he manages to get quite some distance in that time and survives with a 6 mile radius on the countdown. To not explain how he survives the bomb kind of makes me feel cheated and is lousy screen writing, perhaps wrapping up the ending quickly for time, I don't know, but it should be important enough for it to be explained.

- I'm not completely sold on Christian Bale as Batman. There's just something lacking...

What I loved.

- Tom Hardy, although you can't rate his acting against Heath's because he is wearing a mask with a dubbed voice, so they can't be compared, so as far as acting goes, that award goes to Heath. As a villain I proffered Bane though. Ultimately he was stronger than Batman and could have killed him if he wanted.

- The cast, a strong cast in the film, loads of great actors.

- Leaves you wanting more, which every film should do!

Question, was robin to be the next Batman or is the end, when Blake becomes the Robin hero?

just saw it. It was good but the reason behind destroying gotham was kinda dumb. In the first film ras al ghul was going to destroy the city because of all the criminals and corruption and stuff but in this it was all perfectly fine but they wanted to destroy the city anyway and released all the criminals and made it even more corrupt then what it was in the first film.

Bane was the best part. I think The Dark Knight is 10000x better then this one but it was a good movie. The first one was probably better too but this one hade better characters.

I know but they refer to it as Ras Al Ghul's destiny (or something like that) when what they are doing has nothing to do with what he wanted in the first film or at least because of the wrong motives. That's one of the things that bugged me.

If they would just say that it's because of revenge I would buy it but they just say that it's what Ras Al Ghul wanted.

Yeah Talia says it, but not everything that a character says is true. If you really look at it, it's just revenge. They don't need to spoon feed the audience. I think it's quite clear that Talia hides it under that destiny shit, when it's really just cold revenge.