South American Tour 2014 - Confirmed Dates

Did they really misspell Rio de Janeiro?

Rio de Janiero... Please, Cosmonuat.

Eight concerts in Brazil and no concerts in Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Colombia...

Eight concerts in Brazil all in South and South-east... That's a real bummer, honestly.

I think it's safe to call this the "South Brazil Tour" with a couple of other dates...

The email also says "More information coming soon" So they might add more shows in other countries or Northern Brazil. Although I´m hoping for shows in Europe and the U.S.

Hope so. If they aren't gonna put out a new record they should at least hit the major markets. I saw Guns in 2013 and while Axl's voice was pretty average, I had a great night and would go see them again if they came my way.

Same shit different day. I used to live on this message board day in and day out. I remember the good ol' days of leaks, Chinese D's pending release, Buckethead, Fink...man, those were the halcyon days when anything was possible. It's so past over it's not even funny.

Provided that this was a while ago and I was mostly reading HTGTH at the time, but I have very different memories of this. We look back on the Bucket/Finck era with a lot of nostalgia now, but there was a lot of resentment and apprehension at the time. I actually barely remember reading a good review of a show and that it was a huge struggle to get this band over in the states.

• Like 1

Man, back in the day (few years ago) this thread would have hit 50 by now

I remember that threads about the 2010 tour would hit +100 pages in one night. Good times.

Heheh i remember hearing about possible shows in Asia I think it was in late 2009? We all thought it was fake!!

• Like 1

I remember that threads about the 2010 tour would hit +100 pages in one night. Good times.

I think no one believes the "new songs" promise deep down :shrugs:

Heheh i remember hearing about possible shows in Asia I think it was in late 2009? We all thought it was fake!!

It was all so weird, no word from mgmt or anything, just these random dates on Taiwanese and Japanese websites... And then a "sound check" from a newly-created Axl Twitter account?! Good times, indeed.

If anyone is struggling to think of what to get me for my birthday (6th April), flights and tickets to the Buenos Aires gig would be lovely :)

• Like 1

It was all so weird, no word from mgmt or anything, just these random dates on Taiwanese and Japanese websites... And then a "sound check" from a newly-created Axl Twitter account?! Good times, indeed.

If anyone is struggling to think of what to get me for my birthday (6th April), flights and tickets to the Buenos Aires gig would be lovely :)

Yeah the 2009 tour was the most exciting time I have witnessed on here. Probably even more than the album

And I know people have been talking about it, Manets. It was just an observation

So, where is the show at the Movistar Arena, announced by ''Axl Rose Fa Clube''? and the shows at Rosario and La Plata, in Argentina?

What a huge load of bullshit for god's sake, but im happy to know i was right all this time. Keep trusting these noob-nobodies and you'll be surprised as hell everytime there's a official confirmation.

Hope you all learned the lesson.

Maybe this time the tour will flop and Axl will realize that he needs to put out new music before touring. What a load of bullshit.

Everytime a rock band wants to do it for the money they just go to SA, they'll buy a ticket for basically any band thats rock related.

Cash Grab lives on.

what do you think people in SA are? monkeys? Have you ever been here at least? In countries like Argentina, Brasil and Chile we have big shows day after day, we have nothing to envy to USA or Europe. I am a big Metallica fan, and I'm not attending this year's show because I'm choosing to keep my money for GNR. I choose what to attend, basically because there are too many shows here, and not only rock-related.

Just FYI, civilization came to South America. We dont live naked and kill each other with stones.

So, where is the show at the Movistar Arena, announced by ''Axl Rose Fa Clube''? and the shows at Rosario and La Plata, in Argentina?

What a huge load of bullshit for god's sake, but im happy to know i was right all this time. Keep trusting these noob-nobodies and you'll be surprised as hell everytime there's a official confirmation.

Hope you all learned the lesson.

Maybe this time the tour will flop and Axl will realize that he needs to put out new music before touring. What a load of bullshit.

Everytime a rock band wants to do it for the money they just go to SA, they'll buy a ticket for basically any band thats rock related.

Cash Grab lives on.

what do you think people in SA are? monkeys? Have you ever been here at least? In countries like Argentina, Brasil and Chile we have big shows day after day, we have nothing to envy to USA or Europe. I am a big Metallica fan, and I'm not attending this year's show because I'm choosing to keep my money for GNR. I choose what to attend, basically because there are too many shows here, and not only rock-related.

Just FYI, civilization came to South America. We dont live naked and kill each other with stones.

Don't waste your time... they don't even know where SA is. They think America ends where Mexico begins.

• Like 1

Was awesome! I remember we even scoped out the venues listed to see if it could be legit! Typical Axl style, it was only a few weeks before the concert that they were officially confirmed?

Of course man, why would they be touring 5 years after the last release without being in support of a new album?

No.

Wait........you are kidding, right? It's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

Surely they aren't starting another world tour without it being in support of a new album.

Sure, they can ride the old songs to death for the next twenty years and make a living doing it. But these guys are young enough where they can't be happy being a nostalgic act. Have they lost their fire, their artistic integrity, and are now just in GnR for the paycheck?

I refuse to believe that is the case.

So seriously......what did they say about a new album? When is the release date? Just before this tour starts? When is the first single being dropped?

Of course man, why would they be touring 5 years after the last release without being in support of a new album?

No.

Wait........you are kidding, right? It's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

Surely they aren't starting another world tour without it being in support of a new album.

Sure, they can ride the old songs to death for the next twenty years and make a living doing it. But these guys are young enough where they can't be happy being a nostalgic act. Have they lost their fire, their artistic integrity, and are now just in GnR for the paycheck?

So seriously......what did they say about a new album? When is the release date? Just before this tour starts? When is the first single being dropped?

Nothing about the new album or songs, just the dates. But they also said that there is more info coming soon.

No.

I guess it's extremely hard to resist a fat paycheck, touring all over the world, playing to hundreds of thousands of screaming fans, and just getting spoiled by Axl in general. It's not like any of them can get those things somewhere else.

I hate to sound negative like that, but I really feel this is why they're still a part of Guns, or at least a major reason why they don't just quit.

Edited by Rovim

No.

I guess it's extremely hard to resist a fat paycheck, touring all over the world, playing to hundreds of thousands of screaming fans, and just getting spoiled by Axl in general. It's not like any of them can get those things somewhere else.

I hate to sound negative like that, but I really feel this is why they're still a part of Guns, or at least a major reason why they don't just quit.

I'm sure you are correct.

It is just a bit sad that my favorite band has reached the level where they have no more creative or artistic drive left and are just in it for the fortune and fame. It sucks, because I feel this band has soooo much more talent and ability than that. There is a quote from Axl in a GnR documentary where he says he would hate to ever reach this stage - so it sucks to see now that he has.

These guys all seem so young and talented. It just seems like a shame that they've lost their creative drive and are content just playing other people's money and collecting a big paycheck.