If Duff rejoined GNR premanently....

you guys are reading WAY too much into Duff coming back for a few gigs. This is no different than when Izzy filled in for Gilby. Duff's got way too much positive stuff going on in his life to put up with Axl his and house of drama

Edited by tkarmy

As I have said before, I highly doubt an Appetite era reunion will ever happen. But I do think some sort of Illusion era/ current line up combination is becoming very possible. Duff has stated that he is having a blast playing these songs again and the fans absolutly love having him up there. It has created the most positive gnr releated vibe in YEARS. Even Axl has to be feeling it. I'm sorry but the show that Tommy returns to will be a down show after having Duff back, the band, the fans, everyone will feel it. Perhaps Tommy will feel the same way after playing with the replacements. He is going home and Duff is going home, it's really the best for everyone.

But to answer the question, let me state my persion feeling reguarding this band:

Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy (with either adler or sorum)= Guns n' fucking Roses. They are the real deal!!!

Axl, Slash, Duff (with whomever else you want to add)= Guns n' Roses

Axl and NUgnr= NUgnr or either just gnr, but they are not truly Guns n' Roses imo.

But if Duff came back full time, and Izzy became a writing partner who occasionally plays gigs, then IMO this group does make a legitimite case to be called Guns n' Roses again, even without Slash. 3 original members makes a very strong case in my book.

One thing that I think many are not thinking about is perhaps Axl wants and needs help at this point. He has been the lone wolf since 1997/8. Duff is as much a part of Guns n' Roses as Axl is, having him back full time will take a lot of pressure off of him imo. Think about it like this, if the hired guys (tommy, ashba, bbf, etc.) do an interview reguarding gnr, it doesn't hold a lot of weight, because they have no real authority. But if Duff rejoins and does an interview, it become waaay more powerful. Why? Because he does care about the band and the fans way more than any of the hired guys can or do, because he helped build the damn thing.

So many of you like to get caught up in these contracts and "Duff will never be a hired band member" nonsense. Most big bands have the exact same set up as gnr currently does. They are all employees of their respective bands, it's not some new trick axl invented. Hell Axl himself is still an employee of gnr, I bet he gets a paycheck and everything, just like everyone else. The only difference is he is the actual CEO of the company. Now if Duff rejoined would Axl give him a bigger share than the other guys? I would say yes, he probably will. Why? Because of the reasons I said before, Duff will put in the extra leg work because he actually fucking cares. Unlike some current members. Besides Duff already has partial ownership of the back catalogue, if he wants to rejoin, why not give him more power than guys like Ashba? It only makes sense honestly.

Right now we have 1 guy (Axl), who is keeping the ship a float. Then we have another guy (Dizzy) who also cares and has real guns n roses ties also. Then we have everyone else some seem to care (bbf) others seem like they are in it for self promotion or the money (tommy, ashba). While the rest of the band are really just glorified session musicians (frank, fortus). And we have Pitman (still not completly sure what he does, lol). But bringing back someone like Duff does in fact really help the band in every way (image, value, soul, etc.) Wouldn't it be nice to have Axl and Duff keeping things a float together? With Izzy as a silent partner? It is imo better than anything we have had since 1994, at this point I'll take that. And that's not even with Slash being involved, but bringing back Duff could lead to a possible Axl and Slash face to face meeting, which both of them really need imo. I'm not even talking about the music, just putting them in the same room is long over due...

THIS

Adorable.

As if Team Brazil would ever abdicate the GNR throne.

No original member will ever come back on a permanent basis. This is Team Brazils show, and it's all about THEIR paychecks.

lets make everyone on this forum donate some money to hire an assasin and send him out to end the tiranny of team brazil? how bout that?

I don't think Duff would ever want to re-join GNR. Before he left, he wasn't well. The pressure of the band being so famous was too much for him. He cleaned up his act and thank God he didn't die.

I think he'd rather be his own man now. He still gets royalties from all GNR, so he's good.

I think Duff playing with GNR and Axl occasionally is the best of both his worlds.

• Like 2

So I'm late to this because honestly I could give a shit about Axl and his backup band - I keep up with Izzy and Duff and mostly Izzy. I've seen all the posts talking about how awful Axl's been this time around but I haven't watched anything - until I looked at the cracked.com article "4 Musical Performances That Will Ruin Your Life."

Axl's at Number 1 - it begins at 6:27.

Y'all, WHAT THE FUCK.

WHY is he allowed on stage? HOW could any of those guys bear to up there with him? WHO is enabling this? Is this all the fault of that old lady and her kids? It's just....watching it is hard enough but hearing it is unfuckingbearable. I truly -- honestly, seriously, swear to God -- had no idea he was that far gone.

Have all the mirrors in his mansion been smashed? Is he not allowed online? Is it possible that he truly doesn't know what he looks and sounds like? Or is he so fucked up he can't tell or doesn't care? He has God-levels of money - he doesn't need to do this.

David Lee Roth looks and sounds better. OZZY FUCKING OSBORNE LOOKS AND SOUNDS BETTER.

This is far worse than ANYTHING Axl could've dreamt of during the Seymour Years.

Izzy, Duff, Slash - still sounding and looking good. Axl, on the other hand, is a tragic illustration of what happens when a man's insides begin to show on his outside. Everything he hated when he was young, everything he ever thought he'd never do, never be -- it's all right there.

No, there's not going to be any more new music. Jesus. How can anyone look at him and think this is a man who has anything left in him to create?

I'm just aghast. I have no idea why anyone would spend money on this -- it's just impossible to look at, much less listen to. I don't know why Duff is doing this. Has to be pity - it sure isn't money, and his career doesn't need it.

As much as I want to see Izzy do something, I don't want to see him up there with that. I think it would make him cry.

I know all the Axl acolytes will jump on and say...whatever it is they say when someone talks trash about their idol (I usually just scroll past all that) but I'm "bought AFD on cassette tape the day after I saw WTTJ on MTV in the middle of the night" old and I don't care. I will never again laugh at any 80s band who still goes out and plays whatever gigs they can get -- they can't be as sad as this.

Remember when van halen replaced Roth with Hagar? It was a mixed reaction and it divided fans... But somehow people still accepted what it was..

Now..

Imagine they replaced Eddie van halen instead..

For some reason I feel like that would have caused more of an uproar then Roth being replaced.

Remember when van halen replaced Roth with Hagar? It was a mixed reaction and it divided fans... But somehow people still accepted what it was..

Now..

Imagine they replaced Eddie van halen instead..

For some reason I feel like that would have caused more of an uproar then Roth being replaced.

Ya think? LOL. If a Van Halen was replaced it might cause an uproar.... Maybe Hendrix should reunite with a new singer too. WTF

I feel like Duff and the rest of the band have supported the new line ups for a while. Izzy has played with them and Duff has played with them. They don't have a problem with it.

There is a dilemma in Duff or Izzy coming back into the fold permanently. Seems to me like they wouldn't want to tour as much as GNR do right now. I don't think people who don't think of this as GNR would be turned by Duff and Izzy touring. It would have to be the AFD line up in full. It would be weird for them to be in GNR, without Slash trying to make the next era of GNR happen.

It wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened if Duff played on the next cd, maybe for one track written by Izzy.

I really was just asking if you guys would consider the name okay to use. I never thought for a second that he would actually do that. Good thread, but I have no illusions, no pun intended. Just thought I would ask.

I think Duff still cares deeply for GNR and for Axl. If Tommy walked away tomorrow, I think Duff would seriously consider rejoining as long as he was aloud to keep doing his Walking Papers and Loaded stuff... just like DJ does Sixx:Am, Ron does his solo stuff and Richard now has Dead Daisies.

It's quite sad that this is the most progressive think that has happened to Guns N' Roses since they started touring Chinese Democracy.

Over ten years and we have one album, several tours where new content has been eased out and now the original bassist joins, not the boldest evolution of a band despite the amount of time invested lol. Duff's a cool cat though, interested to see if it opens other doors where it'll be easier for Axl to release something.

So I'm late to this because honestly I could give a shit about Axl and his backup band - I keep up with Izzy and Duff and mostly Izzy. I've seen all the posts talking about how awful Axl's been this time around but I haven't watched anything - until I looked at the cracked.com article "4 Musical Performances That Will Ruin Your Life."

Y'all, WHAT THE FUCK.

WHY is he allowed on stage? HOW could any of those guys bear to up there with him? WHO is enabling this? Is this all the fault of that old lady and her kids? It's just....watching it is hard enough but hearing it is unfuckingbearable. I truly -- honestly, seriously, swear to God -- had no idea he was that far gone.

Have all the mirrors in his mansion been smashed? Is he not allowed online? Is it possible that he truly doesn't know what he looks and sounds like? Or is he so fucked up he can't tell or doesn't care? He has God-levels of money - he doesn't need to do this.

David Lee Roth looks and sounds better. OZZY FUCKING OSBORNE LOOKS AND SOUNDS BETTER.

This is far worse than ANYTHING Axl could've dreamt of during the Seymour Years.

Izzy, Duff, Slash - still sounding and looking good. Axl, on the other hand, is a tragic illustration of what happens when a man's insides begin to show on his outside. Everything he hated when he was young, everything he ever thought he'd never do, never be -- it's all right there.

No, there's not going to be any more new music. Jesus. How can anyone look at him and think this is a man who has anything left in him to create?

I'm just aghast. I have no idea why anyone would spend money on this -- it's just impossible to look at, much less listen to. I don't know why Duff is doing this. Has to be pity - it sure isn't money, and his career doesn't need it.

As much as I want to see Izzy do something, I don't want to see him up there with that. I think it would make him cry.

I know all the Axl acolytes will jump on and say...whatever it is they say when someone talks trash about their idol (I usually just scroll past all that) but I'm "bought AFD on cassette tape the day after I saw WTTJ on MTV in the middle of the night" old and I don't care. I will never again laugh at any 80s band who still goes out and plays whatever gigs they can get -- they can't be as sad as this.

Like you Kinsey, I do not listen to the most recent recordings of GNR, I can't bear to hear Axl as he is: its shit. I can't lie to myself.

"Rasp" "No Rasp" etc.,.I don't see the need to delve that deep. The man's vocal chords need medical help and lots of rest.

Like you, I keep coming back to your exact point: "WHO is enabling this?"

Personally, I can only conclude that Axl is not anything like as wealthy as we imagine and his arm is being twisted to keep coining his legacy.

If people remember that the guy wouldn't tour even though he had a fully functioning replacement band working in studio for years in a time when he was in the peak of his fitness and powers; yet now he's out there bloated, tired, out of shape and hoarse trying to get through long sets.

Maybe if underneath all the BS I was a sensitive soul and the only family I have really ever known in the last 20 years all demanded I work like this to keep them in the lifestyle I let them into or else they would fucking leave me to be all alone in my Autumn years; I'd be bloated, sedated and exhausted too.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

Y'all, WHAT THE FUCK.

Dude, he had strep throat that day. Chill out.

It is ironic (and confusing) as we have had virtually every variation of GN'R members but the one we want which is a fully fledged reunion.

- We have had Axl, Izzy and Dizzy

- We have had, and will have again, Axl, Duff and Dizzy

- We have had Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt, Adler (Hall of Fame group)

- We have had Slash, Duff, Matt (VR)

- We have had Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt (KOC).

- We have had Izzy and Duff (Izzy's solo albums)

In addition, Axl has dueted with Gilby and Slash has dueted with Izzy, Gilby, Adler and Duff on various solo albums over the years. Heck, even Dizzy played in Snakepit and Axl and Slash played on West Arkeen's The Outpatience together!

Why can't they just cobble everyone together and have the reunion tour like everybody wants. Put us out of our misery.

Edited by DieselDaisy

It is ironic (and confusing) as we have had virtually every variation of GN'R members but the one we want which is a fully fledged reunion.

- We have had Axl, Izzy and Dizzy

- We have had, and will have again, Axl, Duff and Dizzy

- We have had Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt, Adler (Hall of Fame group)

- We have had Slash, Duff, Matt (VR)

- We have had Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt (KOC).

- We have had Izzy and Duff (Izzy's solo albums)

In addition, Axl has dueted with Gilby and Slash has dueted with Izzy, Gilby, Adler and Duff on various solo albums over the years. Heck, even Dizzy played in Snakepit and Axl and Slash played on West Arkeen's The Outpatience together!

Why can't they just cobble everyone together and have the reunion tour like everybody wants. Put us out of our misery.

You know why. It's pure evil, and it plays guitar.

All I want is Izzy and Duff back. Slash has written maybe three songs since GnR that I'd want to hear Axl sing.

Do you really think that's Izzy's musical style fits NuGn'R? Can you imagine Izzy playing Shackler's Revenge? :lol:

You bring Duff and Izzy back in the band, I won't complain anymore about the endless nostalgia jukebox tour. Call me a "fan", a reunionist or whatever you want.

All I want is Izzy and Duff back. Slash has written maybe three songs since GnR that I'd want to hear Axl sing.

Do you really think that's Izzy's musical style fits NuGn'R? Can you imagine Izzy playing Shackler's Revenge? :lol:

The studio version has a catchy chorus, but other than that, it's a mediocre song. Live it's horrible, with or without Izzy.

If 3 out of the original 5 are present, that's enough for it to be Guns N' Roses without a doubt. Get Axl, Izzy and Duff and whoever complains will personally get a slap in the face from Cosmo.

Remember, it's 3 original members but Ashba will be on stage. Be fair with the complainers.

I've got to admit, after so long I've just been like 'Meh' about slash coming back... It just ain't going to happen. But I've always kept an open mind about Duff and I would be totally happy if he rejoined. Axl, Duff and Dizzy and the new guns... and the occasional bit of Izzy of course :P