Are YOU Happy?

Ace Nova

Nope.

I'm never satisfied. Always trying to be a better person, always trying to push towards a better life. I'm enjoying myself and I'm having fun, but I'm not happy. Still a long way to go before I get anywhere near that.

I hear you. Happiness does not necessarily equate to satisfaction. But are you currently 'happy'?

Not at all.

No.

I realize it's all on me and I have nobody to blame but myself. I have no interests or any motivation to succeed in life. Therefore, I am accepting the fact that I am a lazy piece of shit.

I'm a spoiled shithead. Raised from a wealthy family so I've seen all be best life has to offer. And instead of pursuing an office job to buy shit I don't need, I'd rather blow money on lottery tickets and drink beer.

Yes. I suck. I am a degenerate to society and I have no one to blame but myself.

It literally is my fault.

You asked KK.

Always remember...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

That is the biggest BS I've ever heard. No offence, I've heard it a lot and tried to believe it, but I've come to experience it's just not true. Sure, if you lose your job, or you break up with your bf or gf or something like that, that can work, you can emerge stronger. But I had some things happen to me that obviously didn't kill me, but they sure haven't made me stronger either.

Like I said, KK, no offence to you, it's something that I've been thinking about for a while now and thanks to you I can let it out ;) I cringe every time I hear it.

As for you question, I am as happy as I can be.

• Like 4

That is the biggest BS I've ever heard. No offence, I've heard it a lot and tried to believe it, but I've come to experience it's just not true. Sure, if you lose your job, or you break up with your bf or gf or something like that, that can work, you can emerge stronger. But I had some things happen to me that obviously didn't kill me, but they sure haven't made me stronger either.

Like I said, KK, no offence to you, it's something that I've been thinking about for a while now and thanks to you I can let it out ;) I cringe every time I hear it.

As for you question, I am as happy as I can be.

I have to agree . I mean i understand people point of view when they say that . Is more in the sence , when you go throught any experience you can learn something from it , even if the conclusion you get of such experience is bad .I guess in that sence ,yes it makes you stronger because you may learn a diffent way of dealing with whatever. Still yeah i dont really like to hear that sentence much either , because yes a bad situation can make you stronger in the end if you find a way to deal with it ....but is not always possible . Thats why we see so many people dealing with mental issues ....depression and such

• Like 1

Clearly you've never had polio. :lol:
Neither did anyone for about 50 years until morons like Jenny McCarthy started villifying vaccines and associating them with autism..
Well if you can't trust a playboy model for medical advice then what is the world coming to?
  • Like 1

I don't care as much anymore, that's why I'm happy. I'm not boasting about it openly on a day to day basis, I don't want to rub it in people's faces. But in spite of shitty hand that life is, I feel a certain degree of happiness about nothing in particular. Just general sense of well being.

"After I stopped trying to solve my own problems and started laughing at the misfortunes of others, I felt a great deal better, thank you."

I don't care as much anymore, that's why I'm happy. I'm not boasting about it openly on a day to day basis, I don't want to rub it in people's faces. But in spite of shitty hand that life is, I feel a certain degree of happiness about nothing in particular. Just general sense of well being.

"After I stopped trying to solve my own problems and started laughing at the misfortunes of others, I felt a great deal better, thank you."

I find the same thing funnily enough, unrealised expectations lead to unhappiness, don't expect a lot then everything becomes a bonus.

When your faced with a loaded gun, what's the difference?

for me it was more a case of ejecting other people's expectations of success and allowing myself to fail without boundary or remorse.

I think content is a better word.

Some days I'm happy, some days I'm sad, but I'm always content

This, basically.

It's an unrealistic expectation to be happy all the time, you're going to have ups and downs.

Experience and sensation are what it's all about, in a "strange" way I can appreciate bad experiences or emotions- kind of like how nice dreams are great but a terrible nightmare can be much more memorable and intense.

As far as I'm concerned, you've got to "make a game of it" and learn to enjoy both the good and the bad.

^^^This.

Besides ... you have to be a fool to be happy all the time .... or, in the other hand, you'll need to be totally wise to be happy all the time ... Pick one, or just be something in between ...

I find the same thing funnily enough, unrealised expectations lead to unhappiness, don't expect a lot then everything becomes a bonus.

When your faced with a loaded gun, what's the difference?

for me it was more a case of ejecting other people's expectations of success and allowing myself to fail without boundary or remorse.

Epic fail.

Extremely happy.

Life is what you make it.

Dying parents or grandparents, cheating spouses, crappy jobs, friends with illness, etc - those are things that happen to EVERYBODY in the world. Once you are able to wrap your mind around that fact, and not let those things devastate you when they happen in your life, then life (and dealing with tragedies) becomes much easier. NOT saying you shouldn't be sad when your parents die (or any of the other things) - but they are all just part of life that everybody goes through.

Generally? Yes. Absolutely.

Look we all have dips in our lives - some of us may have really dark moments - but truely when you look back and reflect there's only a very tiny percentage of us lead "unhappy" lives. You get out what you put in.

And that's from someone who's been on a two week holiday laid in bed about to get up in a few hours to go to work for day 1, ha!