Ritz 1988 or Paris 1992 - Better Show?

seely

Best Classic Show: Ritz 1988 or Paris 1992?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching Ritz 1988 show again fo the first time in a while, thought i'd do a poll on these two shows - generally perceived as the best/most favoured 'Classic GN'R' shows.

So - take your pick.

I go for Ritz 1988. Although Paris has more UYI tunes, I've always found myself preferring Ritz out of the two. A short, sharp and powerful show.

I don't dislike Paris, but i've never got the love for it as much as others. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry on Mama Kin is greatl, but the other guest performances never did much for me - probably would say otherwise had Jeff Beck actually managed to perform Locomotive.

I prefer Ritz 88, cause that is a real rock n' roll band

Paris was great, especially the Always on the run tune and Aerosmith, but overall too much shit going on... These days i rarely listen to the UYI circus band, sorry...

If Locomotive performed (regardless from Jeff Beck) i would vote Paris though

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

This forum is full of Illusion loving Axl ballad pussys.

I appreciate the AFD era shows, but I think it would've been dishonest to continue on as if they were still some punk band in touch with the streets. I like the Illusion era tour because the band is tighter and because of the massive spectacle. Illusion tour had a Stones vibe that I really dig.

This forum is full of Illusion loving Axl ballad pussys.

I appreciate the AFD era shows, but I think it would've been dishonest to continue on as if they were still some punk band in touch with the streets. I like the Illusion era tour because the band is tighter and because of the massive spectacle. Illusion tour had a Stones vibe that I really dig.

This.

On the whole I prefer the UYI era. Bigger and better setlists, huge venues...The Paris gig just never impressed me as a recording of that tour. May have to dig it out again tonight though...

Watching Ritz 1988 show again fo the first time in a while, thought i'd do a poll on these two shows - generally perceived as the best/most favoured 'Classic GN'R' shows.

So - take your pick.

I go for Ritz 1988. Although Paris has more UYI tunes, I've always found myself preferring Ritz out of the two. A short, sharp and powerful show.

I don't dislike Paris, but i've never got the love for it as much as others. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry on Mama Kin is greatl, but the other guest performances never did much for me - probably would say otherwise had Jeff Beck actually managed to perform Locomotive.

Paris was great, especially the Always on the run tune and Aerosmith, but overall too much shit going on... These days i rarely listen to the UYI circus band, sorry...

Overall you think there was too much shit going on?

Yet your favorite moments are the one's where the most shit is going on.

Go figure.

• Like 1

Just for shits, I decided to watch Paris 92' today. Holy fuck does this concert piss on AFDemocracy. I like AFD, but damn did they hit a groove on this night.

It's been a good year and half or so since I watched Paris 92', it really is a good night. I'd still take Ritz though.

Edited by Mike420

I'd go with Paris, but always felt the setlist was a song or two short. Should have played 'Locomotive' anyway.

So - take your pick.

Overall you think there was too much shit going on?

Yet your favorite moments are the one's where the most shit is going on.

Go figure.

WUT

One of my fav is Locomotive and we don't even have a decent pro shot live performance. I mean shit is the horns two keyboards, etc. I don't hate those concerts just nowadays i get bored when i saw them

The UYI tour was really good when Izzy was stil with them (more songs, rotated setlist, crazy performances and renditions of the songs)

That's all

Go figure Dude