Terminator Genisys

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/526055725660119040

this guy has posted a full breakdown of the trailer on his twitter, along with info on jurassic world. he's apparently legit and was the first person to break news on the neill blompkamp film.

jurassic world sounds crazy.

chris patt has a pack of trained velociraptors that he uses to help him. :lol:

On topic for this movie: I'm excited. I enjoyed T3 but didn't really care of Salvation. I think this will (hopefully) be a nice rejuvenation for the series and very excited to see Arnie back in it.

I'm the oppsite; I loved Salvation and strongly disliked T3. I'll go see this one either way though.

• Like 1

Is this a continuation from Salvation or a different universe/timeline?

3 was watchable but not needed. It was only used to set up another trilogy.

It's apparently the beginning of a new trilogy.

Unrelated to the old movies or starting after T3 like Salvation didn't happen?

i just cannot get hyped for a new terminator movie after t3 and salvation. i will watch the movie but can't say im super hyped. im even less hyped for the new jurassic park movie which i think is going to be utter garbage.

Is this a continuation from Salvation or a different universe/timeline?

3 was watchable but not needed. It was only used to set up another trilogy.

It's apparently the beginning of a new trilogy.

Unrelated to the old movies or starting after T3 like Salvation didn't happen?

Don't know, there aren't really a whole lot of details about it yet.

• Like 1

We've got our first hints about how the fabric of Terminator mythology as we know it is about to be wiped clean (Per Entertainment Weekly):

Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion. - David Ellison

Sounds like T2, eh? My skepticism notwithstanding, I like it.

So, what can we infer about Terminator Geiysys so far?:

It begins in the future war. Something apparently fundamentally alters the trajectory of the past and different terminators are sent to different times, changing the whole mythos as we know it. The film will allegedly feature quite a bit of T1 re-told and maybe some T2. There will be an old Arnold and a classic 1984 Arnold (CGI, hopefully better looking than in the last one.) There will be a T-1000 in there somewhere. Myles Dyson and his kid are in there somewhere too. Cyberdyne Systems is in San Francisco. There will be lots of time travel. Matt Smith is playing some top secret character that they're being really coy about. There is a Terminator of a new variety.

It all sounds pretty confusing.

EMILIA-JAI-EW-1336.jpg

Could Jai Courtney look any less like Kyle Reese? It's going to be painful trying to watch him fill Michael Biehn's Nike's.

Edited by appetite4illusions