We NEED A NEW SONG this year, how much would you pay?

You'll only be encouraging hoarders to keep on hoarding if you pay them silly money. I wanna hear Atlas too but I'm not giving any money to some loser trying to make a quick buck from desperate fans.

It's as bad as ticket touting/scalping, if not worse.

Maybe a leak could ruin any chance of new music this year or next. Think on.

Good point- this is quite plausible: he was just about to put down the bag of Funyuns®, change out of the sweatpants, and start releasing stuff left and right, but some a-hole had to go and ruin it by leaking a track recorded by a different lineup of the band at least ten years ago.

• Like 3

Maybe a leak could ruin any chance of new music this year or next. Think on.

Good point- this is quite plausible: he was just about to put down the bag of Funyuns®, change out of the sweatpants, and start releasing stuff left and right, but some a-hole had to go and ruin it by leaking a track recorded by a different lineup of the band at least ten years ago.

Edited by wkuk04

... and if Interscope hadn't acted against Axl's orders, he would probably be sitting on Chinese Democracy today, twiddling with overdubs. ''Faulty Booklet'' my arse - he spotted room for another Pitman fart and wanted to recall the thing.

This is a fact which most people don't realize: Axl did NOT want ChiDem to be released. It was released against his will, mostly through legal strongarming.

Now that GNR is widely considered a joke and there clearly is no market for a DJ-lead wheedly-whee Pitman-farting "50 year old men doing hip hop electronica with a Rolling Stones feel while playing everything through a Les Paul neck pickup into a Marshall to simulate Slash's tone from 25 years ago", there is no financial incentive for backers to release Axl's latest mess.

So, with no one strongarming Axl into releasing music, do any of you honestly believe he'll release music of his own volition?

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 3

I Offered 4000 reais (1000 dolars) and he didn't accepted.

But he'd probably accept 10.000. :P

If these people are really going to protect themselves by bugging your pc and checking your bank account then i'd rather not get involved. If I had the cash i'd fly to meet someone in person and do business with a handshake, though.

I can't see the Kickstarter thing working in any kind of way.

I just wish somebody would throw us a bone. We've been listening to the majority of Chinese from between fourteen and nine years.

You'll only be encouraging hoarders to keep on hoarding if you pay them silly money. I wanna hear Atlas too but I'm not giving any money to some loser trying to make a quick buck from desperate fans.

It's as bad as ticket touting/scalping, if not worse.

this

also the guy who might sell atlas shrugged for this price is just fooling VicVance

I think most us know who is this guy and this 10K price is the exact same ammount of money that Team BRazil pay this aforementioned hoarder to keep his mouth shut in 2011-12...

Mouth

Shut

Leaks

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Die hards want music we always do. But the label will gauge how much they will sell and have plans and schemes. Let's hold off until...

Whether Axl is against leaks is debateable. He's never came out directly and said that or admitted its effects. I think the label might be more bothered. I think Axl said he was fine with the leaks and even said Better leak convinced him to tour. No source, sorry.

Absolute bollocks. Who is that guy who got the FBI at his door for leaking TWAT? Skewl? Are you actually arguing that a guy as anally retentive as W. Axl Rose is Neil Young? ''I am happy for you to listen to all my leaks sir - go right ahead''. Heck, he spent the Illusion tour diving into the crowd to confiscate people for taking photos. Didn't he clam up the media, getting them to sign gagging orders? Christ, wasted, you do speak some bollocks.

Whether Axl is against leaks is debateable. He's never came out directly and said that or admitted its effects. I think the label might be more bothered. I think Axl said he was fine with the leaks and even said Better leak convinced him to tour. No source, sorry.

Dont know where you heard/read that...In the chats in 2008 he said he was totally against leaks and that they pretty much hinder an artist in every way possible.

Die hards want music we always do. But the label will gauge how much they will sell and have plans and schemes. Let's hold off until...

Absolute bollocks. Who is that guy who got the FBI at his door for leaking TWAT? Skewl? Are you actually arguing that a guy as anally retentive as W. Axl Rose is Neil Young? ''I am happy for you to listen to all my leaks sir - go right ahead''. Heck, he spent the Illusion tour diving into the crowd to confiscate people for taking photos. Didn't he clam up the media, getting them to sign gagging orders? Christ, wasted, you do speak some bollocks.

GnR history often gets rewritten on this forum.

From Axl's mouth directly - do not know if you can address his view on leaks much more clearly

Basically for us it's devastating across the board. And when u have such a majority openly justifying their actions and throwing out nonsense such as it's not actually stealing as the original is still with whomever it's unbelievably insane.

It exists because of the greed of the record industry, the greed of large scale pirating, the ease and common nature now of the act itself and personal motivations such as popularity among certain groups, possible momentary media recognition etc.

And it's too rampant and widespread. It's simply too huge a mess for the courts to deal with and in that with those #'s and the expense and manpower involved necessary at this time to curtail it... obviously there are more serious crimes for society to focus on.

Besides, fuck musicians right? If they didn't make enough already then they probably suck anyway rt? "I ain't cryin' for no rich dude." Whatever.

And who knows? What are our #'s on the torrent sites for this album? I don't know. So I don't know how or if it's affected us in terms of sales this time around. Maybe not but w/the economy and the core of our market I'd think there's a possibility it has had a negative effect. Anyone?

... and if Interscope hadn't acted against Axl's orders, he would probably be sitting on Chinese Democracy today, twiddling with overdubs. ''Faulty Booklet'' my arse - he spotted room for another Pitman fart and wanted to recall the thing.

This is a fact which most people don't realize: Axl did NOT want ChiDem to be released. It was released against his will, mostly through legal strongarming.

Now that GNR is widely considered a joke and there clearly is no market for a DJ-lead wheedly-whee Pitman-farting "50 year old men doing hip hop electronica with a Rolling Stones feel while playing everything through a Les Paul neck pickup into a Marshall to simulate Slash's tone from 25 years ago", there is no financial incentive for backers to release Axl's latest mess.

So, with no one strongarming Axl into releasing music, do any of you honestly believe he'll release music of his own volition?

Not to mention that he did not want the Appetite for Democracy DVD out either.

• Like 1

So basically to summarize:

Axl doesn't want us to ever get new Guns N Roses music.

Some people have leaks but won't share them

Someone offered $1,000 for Atlas Shrugged and was denied (not sure I believe this)

Look, this thread got way out of hand. Just thought it would be the right time for someone to leak us something. Make the summer more exciting. Give us some new hope of more music down the road. That's all.

We shouldn't have to beg, barter or steal. We've gone to the concerts. We've supported the band. He owe's us. Marty Fucking Moose owe's us!

From Axl's mouth directly - do not know if you can address his view on leaks much more clearly

Basically for us it's devastating across the board. And when u have such a majority openly justifying their actions and throwing out nonsense such as it's not actually stealing as the original is still with whomever it's unbelievably insane.

It exists because of the greed of the record industry, the greed of large scale pirating, the ease and common nature now of the act itself and personal motivations such as popularity among certain groups, possible momentary media recognition etc.

And it's too rampant and widespread. It's simply too huge a mess for the courts to deal with and in that with those #'s and the expense and manpower involved necessary at this time to curtail it... obviously there are more serious crimes for society to focus on.

Besides, fuck musicians right? If they didn't make enough already then they probably suck anyway rt? "I ain't cryin' for no rich dude." Whatever.

And who knows? What are our #'s on the torrent sites for this album? I don't know. So I don't know how or if it's affected us in terms of sales this time around. Maybe not but w/the economy and the core of our market I'd think there's a possibility it has had a negative effect. Anyone?

Not to mention that he did not want the Appetite for Democracy DVD out either.

Thanks for providing the exact quote! i couldnt be bothered looking it up.

I Offered 4000 reais (1000 dolars) and he didn't accepted.

But he'd probably accept 10.000. :P

If these people are really going to protect themselves by bugging your pc and checking your bank account then i'd rather not get involved. If I had the cash i'd fly to meet someone in person and do business with a handshake, though.

I can't see the Kickstarter thing working in any kind of way.

I just wish somebody would throw us a bone. We've been listening to the majority of Chinese from between fourteen and nine years.

Youve been listening to chinese?

Really? ;)