OFFICIAL THREAD: BRING BACK BUMBLEFOOT

This won't degenerate into a shit-show of half-baked opinions and name calling at all.

For what it's worth, if the band had become what Ron wanted it to become in terms of output and accessibility then I sincerely believe that the majority of people on here would have been happy with it. It's GN'R's loss, and subsequently ours that they didn't make the most of that vision or talent...

• Like 2

I would love Ron to have stuck around, but if Axl has no intention of using his talents then why should Ron be insulted that way? Even though Ron didn't have any writing credits on CD, some of his guitar parts are amongst my favourite moments on the whole album, such as the insane tapping at the end of Shacklers or the way his lead lines weave seamlessly into the final verse of Catcher In The Rye.

It's a shame Axl didn't want to create new music with Ron on board as I feel they really could've come up with something special together. Obviously Axl felt differently and it's his band at the end of the day. I don't know if it's personal to Ron, or whether it's more indicative of Axl's frame of mind and low motivation when it comes to creating new music, but I completely understand Ron's frustrations and why he left.

Edited by Towelie

Maybe it's that time, for Axl to release an Axl and Friends album, each track written by a former member with Axl on vocals.

Hey that would be fucking awesome

Axl and ex-friends :lol:

Perhaps but there isn't a fan on the planet that would not appeal to? I mean that would be a killer album, or would it be a double album? How many ex-gunners we have now?

Maybe it's that time, for Axl to release an Axl and Friends album, each track written by a former member with Axl on vocals.

Perhaps but there isn't a fan on the planet that would not appeal to? I mean that would be a killer album, or would it be a double album? How many ex-gunners we have now?

16 :P

16 :P

Well! Damn my mouth is drooling, I wish they would do it