Hip-hop artist KXNG Crooked, releases song titled #AXLROSE

Kxng Crooked's new record, "#AXLROSE," takes its name from the lead singer of the popular 80s hair-metal band, Guns N Roses, but it's in no way a celebration of the artist. The song, which counts Truth Ali, Erik Tandy, The Reasn, and producer Jonathan Hay among its roster, criticizes Rose for the racism, homophobia, and hate speech on display throughout his 1988 record, "One In A Million" -- a song that's still widely available for purchase.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/kxng-crooked-axlrose-feat-truth-ali-erik-tandy-and-the-reasn-prod-by-jonathan-hay-and-ajami-new-song.1966484.html

The chorus of the song is a play on the One in A Million chorus

Soundcloud link of the song:

Edit: I listened to the song and didn't hear any direct accusations from any of the rappers on the song accusing Axl of racism or homophobia, but I only listened to the song once. The article in this thread says the song accuses Axl of those things

Edited by RussTCB

What....the....?

I just listened to it and I don't get the part where they're supposed to be criticizing Axl. They say his name at the beginning and end, then the chorus is the offensive part of One In A Million. Unless I missed something, they don't actually say anything about him throughout the entire song.

Axl's only response should be "who the hell is Kxng Crooked?"

Instead it will be "Kxng Crooked is using my name to promote his name in an effort to distract or destroy what I have and others have worked hard on bringing to the fans...I hope that this doesn't become more than what it should be in the sense that I or others in my camp will not be repeatedly attacked with false claims of self proportrated nonsense."

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

its not hair metal jfchroist

yeah i hate when ppl call GNR hair metal or glam metal or any kind of metal....they are hard rock/rock n roll you dunces

Axl's only response should be "who the hell is Kxng Crooked?"

Instead it will be "Kxng Crooked is using my name to promote his name in an effort to distract or destroy what I have and others have worked hard on bringing to the fans...I hope that this doesn't become more than what it should be in the sense that I or others in my camp will not be repeatedly attacked with false claims of self proportrated nonsense."

i doubt Axl even hears this and if he did it would be wise to act like he didn't...lets not bring light to that song especially in this day in age were everybody is so sensitive

When this was a big issue back in the day Axl should have just said that the song was written in the point of view of a white kid from Indiana. After coming to LA and seeing all the demographics and different attitudes that LA brings it can make one want to push everyone around him away and hide within ones own culture to feel protected or at home. He could have said he felt attacked by the change around him and the song is about his natural instinct to push away from what's different.

Instead I think he said something along the lines of "when I used (n-word) I was talking about lowlifes and stuff, not all black people".

It's all been settled now, after the performances with Elton and his love for rap music and making friends with bands like NWA it became clear that Axl wasn't a nazi. I'm not saying what Axl said was good but he's proven himself to not be about what one in a million was.

• Like 1

Sorry for the misleading thread title everyone. The article described the song as attacking Axl. I thought I could trust the article

One in a Million has a fantastic chorus. Too bad the song is dragged down by some of the wording in it

Who wrote the lyrics to One in a Million? Was it just Axl or did Izzy or anyone else pitch in with the lyrics?

What....the....?

I just listened to it and I don't get the part where they're supposed to be criticizing Axl. They say his name at the beginning and end, then the chorus is the offensive part of One In A Million. Unless I missed something, they don't actually say anything about him throughout the entire song.

Yeah, I feel bad about making this thread. The article I pulled the song from said they insulted Axl. I didn't realize it was so misleading

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

When this was a big issue back in the day Axl should have just said that the song was written in the point of view of a white kid from Indiana. After coming to LA and seeing all the demographics and different attitudes that LA brings it can make one want to push everyone around him away and hide within ones own culture to feel protected or at home. He could have said he felt attacked by the change around him and the song is about his natural instinct to push away from what's different.

thats pretty much how i view the song...Axl dealing with culture shock

but even if he said all that he'd still be labeled a racist and homophobic

Haha me too, I listen to it with this mindset. It just makes the song more real and I agree the label on him would have happened regardless but I think there would be a level of truth there that people could relate to. None of us are perfect so I think if Axl takes this angle then people would just appreciate the fact that an artist said how he felt even though it was in a harsh way. We would all be liars if we said we've never felt a racist thought or homophobic feeling.

Duff came up with line about dont need your gold chains today.

Most GNR songs are pretty honest. I could imagine if your scared and living in fear you might think this at some point.

Obviously its been played up for the shock value.

I get a fuck this determined vibe. Not as a manifesto.

Maybe ill advised but they have so many un pc songs.

Haha me too, I listen to it with this mindset. It just makes the song more real and I agree the label on him would have happened regardless but I think there would be a level of truth there that people could relate to. None of us are perfect so I think if Axl takes this angle then people would just appreciate the fact that an artist said how he felt even though it was in a harsh way. We would all be liars if we said we've never felt a racist thought or homophobic feeling.
Someone pulls a knife on you at a bus station you dont say would you mind putting that knife away african american.

But I think they got in this un pc mindset and just went with it. You want controversy well here you go!

It has this messed Sticky Fingers meets The Future by Lenoard Cohen vibe.

Edited by wasted