What about a new album??

Yeah,my opinion is Russ locks and merges this. We don't need a new thread for every thought people have. My apologies if you are a Noob. Maybe we need a sticky thread so people don't keep creating new threads all the time when mostly everything is already being discuessed at length.

I actualy think the exact opposite. 200 pages with 20, 30 reunion-related subjects being discussed at once? That thread is a mess.

It would be waaaaay easier to have 30 threads about reunion-related subjects. In one of them we can discuss how Izzy must be on the reunion. Next thread we can discuss Duff LAMF tattoo and whatever that means. Next thread we can discuss new album. Next thread we can discuss this and next thread that and next thread the other. That should work waaaaay better. Its about time

Now it's almost official we are trying to find a balance. I appreciate it is hard to have specific discussions in a large fast moving thread but if we have too many separate ones they rarely stay on topic. I think once it's announced somewhere between 5-10 threads should comfortably cover all angles.

I still feel that if a reunion album does ever indeed happen, that the final cool thing the band could do is release a box set. In that box set they could put the rest of the CD era stuff, live recordings, illusions and other leftover songs, etc. That way Axl could finally get the rest of his CD sessions out. But again, only if a reunion album is done first, which is a very big if.

I do think the public would be more accepting of some of those CD era recordings after the real band is back for good. But not before. The question would be would slash and duff be ok with those songs being released in a package with some of their stuff? I can't answer that question.

I am afraid this reunion comes about because Axl has given up. It is the end of GN'R, a closure, the last spasm. A tour and then retirement for Axl. I fear it will be anticlimactic, to say the least, and we won't get more music, unless perhaps post mortem.

Yes, so sad to see after the glory days of the Ashba/Thal era of the band and the many trails that were blazed.

• Like 4

I am afraid this reunion comes about because Axl has given up. It is the end of GN'R, a closure, the last spasm. A tour and then retirement for Axl. I fear it will be anticlimactic, to say the least, and we won't get more music, unless perhaps post mortem.

Yes, so sad to see after the glory days of the Ashba/Thal era of the band and the many trails that were blazed.

lmao

Still better than nothing. Especially if another album could have been released.

My biggest concern about the whole reunion thing is that it is just going to be more touring of essentially the same songs and there will be no effort made to release any new music under GNR. I really hope I'm proven wrong though.

Edited by Towelie

Probably 6-7 CD era songs with Axl, Fortus, Dizzy involved. Maybe even Axl/Tobias. Slash adds solos and parts.

6-7 songs of Slash material, maybe Izzy and Duff too.

Not unlike the writers on UYI. A lot of variety with Slash pulling it all together.

Soulmonster what is your obsession with hearing new music? When you post, its all you ever fucking talk about, and you act as if we're missing out on some great songs, and let's be honest, Chinese wasn't particularly good. Just quit whining and enjoy the reunion, stop putting such a downer on the rest of us, fuck sake

Chinese Democracy came out nearly 8 years ago (and written/recorded years before that), and Axl was supposed to have at least one other full album ready to go at that time.

Yet apparently it is the reunion that is to blame for no new music.

No logic here today.

• Like 2

I would place my bet that there will be no new album

The money is in the live shows these days (especially with a reunion), Axl got a track record of making an album in 2 decades at the very least and CD 2 is probably not a priority, and even if they reworked the songs, it will take another huge time gap...time that could be useful for live shows as long as this thing lasts...

I think we should not kid ourselves that this is not a cash grab

So a new album, especially a TOTALLY new album with newly written and recorded songs is highly unlikely

Not to mention that they lose a good chunk of their artistic merit...

But hey, then again 1 years ago a reunion was even more unlikely so...

Edited by Strange Broue

I would like for Axl to at some point release CD 2 as it was originally recorded without any input from Slash and Duff. For a new album I think they have other material they could use. They have the unfinished 1996 album which has anywhere between 7 to 14 instrumentals. Also there's the album Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt recorded for the project which became Velvet Revolver. Slash said it could have been the best GNR record. There's unfinished Velvet Revolver songs like the Corey Taylor album. Slash has material for his new solo album. Axl must have some unfinished songs that might have been intended for a CD 3, as it's reported he has hundreds of hours of material and ideas. They can get together and write something new.

I'll go to the concerts if they play in Scotland - 100%

But for me, my real interest is in hearing new music. I don't see the big deal about hearing Slash, Axl, Duff and whoever playing songs we've heard a thousand times.

Finish some of the songs started in 1996. Polish off the best 3 or 4 Chinese Democracy 2 songs. Add in a couple of songs from Slash Duff and Izzy (even if he doesn't tour). THAT is what I'm excited about.

• Like 1

I hope Slash can channel his ability of pushing out materials in his solo career into this Gn'R Reunion. Lets face it, we all know we're in the jungle since 1988, so stop asking us that already.

We really need a new album, CD 2 or CD 2 with Slash & Duff.

I think the best bet is for a couple of new songs, but I think an entire album is extremely doubtful at this point. Slash likes working with MK and the Conspirators too much to just totally abandon that project. And let's not forget that Slash and Axl have very different ideas/visions about what new music should/would sound like. After all, wasn't that part of the original tension that caused the breakup in the first place...so those fans hoping that they immediately rush back into the studio in an attempt to record a full length album...be careful what you wish for. All we have confirmed with absolute certainty at this point is one show with 3/5 of the band. Let's just hope that one show isn't a total train wreck and then see what happens from there.

i'm hoping that reuniting with slash and duff will light a fire under axl and give him some motivation to get in the studio. seemed like during the live performances with duff the last few years, axl stepped up his game on stage. hopefully that translates to new songs.