Josh Homme should produce the next GN'R album.

How do you pronounce his name?

Josh

Lullabies to Paralyze is in my top three favourite albums released in the first decade of the 21st century. I don't think there's a single track I don't like on that album. Home has a great sense of melody and rhythm, something I think Axl shares. It would be an interesting experiment. Can't see it ever happening considering Axl!s less than kind words for EODM, but it!s a cool concept to think about.

I used to really like QOTSA, I even used to like the Desert Sessions albums. But when Lullabies to Paralyze came out I lost interest completely

Josh Homme has too much of an own signature sound. Not a good idea in my opinion. I love the new Iggy tracks but at this stage Guns need something else, someone who filters out the signature GNR sound and realises and brings out the purest, simplest most GnR like sound out of the band. You guessed it: Rick Rubin.

Mike Clink because he could bring the feel of Appetite back (and Axl was going to work with him on ChiDem), or Brendan O'Brien (who produced Evil Empire, Rock or Bust, Libertad, Springsteen, Pearl Jam etc), Nigel Godrich (Radiohead's producer but also worked with McCartney) then Mark Ronson (who just finished working with Elton), who was going to work with Slash a while back.

Evidence:

He's resurrecting Iggy. Could he do the same for Axl and the boys? His resume is virtually spotless.

Why? IMO Josh has nothing to offer Guns. He is a good producer... but he's a producer of a certain style of music... rock? yes, but it's alternative rock... do you want to hear the regrouped guns sound anything like a alternative band? don't think so. I think there's a handful of people who could get a great record / great sounding record out of them. And Josh wouldn't make my list, and I'm confident he wouldn't make Axl's list.

Josh probably doesn't even like GnR or Axl's voice... what could he offer the band if he doesn't like them or their lead singer. I think it's important that a producer appreciates the band and knows what it is that made them great, has clear ideas of how to help collaboratively build a new record with the band.

Brendan O' Brien is an obvious name, Bob Rock, Rick Rubin, Mike Clink more obvious choices. My pick would be Nick Raskulinecz. I think he's a fan of rock music and is able to excite the artists because of his genuine enthusiasm... he doesn't try and change or overly influence the band; he simply guides them and helps make solid rock albums. Rush, Foo Fighters both of which have released great (Rush) / Good (Foo's) records with his help.

I think we're jumping the gun here though... let's see what happens in April. For all we know they're self producing as we speak.

Nope, can't get into QOTSA, couldn't even get it into Them Crooked Vultures (and my ex-gf used to play that CD all the time), I honestly don't understand the love for Josh Homme. Please keep him as far away from GNR as possible :lol:

I'm the exact same :/

Also, someone mentioned his work with Artic Monkeys... that band has completely change since working with him. They sound like a Josh Homme project now. I was never really a fan, but I think they have been heavily influenced by him. IMO a producer is not supposed to change your style and make you into what they think is the best sound for you.

Here's my summarised list of a producers role, listen to the songs, say - this is good, this is bad, I don't like that riff, I like this riff, Change that beat, Maybe play it faster, How about a Cmajor instead of a Cminor, how about this effect on the vocal, or using this mic... as well as all that he has to organise and keep the band on track, and be able to work to a deadline and get the record ou the door in the best shape possible with the resources available.

Also, someone mentioned his work with Artic Monkeys... that band has completely change since working with him. They sound like a Josh Homme project now. I was never really a fan, but I think they have been heavily influenced by him. IMO a producer is not supposed to change your style and make you into what they think is the best sound for you.

Here's my summarised list of a producers role, listen to the songs, say - this is good, this is bad, I don't like that riff, I like this riff, Change that beat, Maybe play it faster, How about a Cmajor instead of a Cminor, how about this effect on the vocal, or using this mic... as well as all that he has to organise and keep the band on track, and be able to work to a deadline and get the record ou the door in the best shape possible with the resources available.

In some case it just works. Nevermind is Nevermind cos of Butch to me.

please keep this boring guy as far away from GNR as possible

please keep that creep boring Brendan o Brien dude as far away from GNR as possible

MIKE CLINK is the easy and obvious choice

RICK RUBIN should be really fun

But the man to produce the next GNR album is obviously JEFF ISBELL, also known as IZZY FUCKIN STRADLIN

Mike Clink because he could bring the feel of Appetite back (and Axl was going to work with him on ChiDem), or Brendan O'Brien (who produced Evil Empire, Rock or Bust, Libertad, Springsteen, Pearl Jam etc), Nigel Godrich (Radiohead's producer but also worked with McCartney) then Mark Ronson (who just finished working with Elton), who was going to work with Slash a while back.

What makes you think Mike Clink could get the feel of Appetite back in 2016 when he couldn't even do it in 1991?

There will be no new gnr recodings. This is a cash grab tour, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If an imaginary new album happens, then I'm sure ill be produced by Caram and cowritten by Paul Tobias. Axl will never admit how colossally his moronic idiotic chidem failed.

• Like 1

There will be no new gnr recodings. This is a cash grab tour, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If an imaginary new album happens, then I'm sure ill be produced by Caram and cowritten by Paul Tobias. Axl will never admit how colossally his moronic idiotic chidem failed.

Wow- and I thought I was a good thread killer! This is of course correct; I look at threads like this (i.e. "This Reputable Guitarist/Producer/etc Should Join GnR") as pure fantasy speculation- as if anyone with a modicum of a reputation or professional dignity would join up with this organization.

What makes you think Mike Clink could get the feel of Appetite back in 2016 when he couldn't even do it in 1991?

Maybe he could but that wasn't the intention or wish of the band at the time.