08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

6 hours ago, MisterNo said:

So they were late 30mins? Axl called off OTGM?  Was pissed?

Hope it's not going sideways...

5 hours ago, MarkIt8Dude said:

I would not even begin to suggest that this tour is going sideways.  Axl called an audible for whatever reason...no big deal. 

As for the late start times, I noticed it happens at shows where there is a larger crowd.  Maybe they are just giving people more time to get inside and find their seats.

As for a concert Blu-ray, they need to do a best of like Pearl Jam did with the Touring Band DVD.  Show the Gunners playing My Michelle in Arlington, Coma in Orlando, the Adler appearance in Cincy, etc.  I would buy that.

I don't know what time they started this show but in Orlando they didn't start until around 9:50 PM last week.

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Nothing major happened, Axl didn't talk much. Sorry worked in the encore bc it didn't slow down the main set. Patience was amazing, Nightrain was the best. My Michelle sounded great.

Axl coughed a lot and rubbed his nose a couple times so hopefully he's not getting sick.

It was one hell of a show, they played a long time. 

It looked like he was blowing his nose in Orlando last Friday a few times when he went back to the spot next to the drum riser.  He also hocked a loogie while crossing the stage at one point (so did Fortus).  Maybe there is a cold going around the dressing rooms?

4 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't know what time they started this show but in Orlando they didn't start until around 9:50 PM last week.

It looked like he was blowing his nose in Orlando last Friday a few times when he went back to the spot next to the drum riser.  He also hocked a loogie while crossing the stage at one point (so did Fortus).  Maybe there is a cold going around the dressing rooms?

I was up front and security said the rumor was that Frank( drummer) was receiving medical attention.  No telling why they started late.  

16 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Slash's guitar was way out of tune when he started PC. He had to retune a string or two.

I get that he was tuning his guitar, not sure why was Axl saying it's my fault?

Did he mess with his guitar? :D

Edited by MisterNo

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Did Axl bitch at Melissa? He shook his head lol

it looks more to me like they called an audible and Axl went over and told Frank and Melissa they were switching it up to Michelle, he said it in the Mic, and then front of house told everyone in their in-ears? its a possibility right? 

1 hour ago, icetraders said:

I was up front and security said the rumor was that Frank( drummer) was receiving medical attention.  No telling why they started late.  

Not true at all. Frank was walking all over the backstage and by the pits. I have photos to prove it.

Surprised the band went all out last night. Is this the longest show of the tour so far? 

Axl was having fun last night. I think it was during KOHD he pointed out some dude on Slashes side pit that was wearing a neon green shirt and said "thats a bright ass fucking shirt dude" then started laughing about it. He was also joking with the crowd about what to call them: Arlington? Dallas? Fort Worth? and having a laugh. He also did a lot of running which is always good! At the beginning of PC, Axl tells the crowd, "Its my fault. I tuned that one! Its special." At the very beginning of Rocket Queen when Frank and Duff are doing that little groove jam, Slash took off his guitar he was using for LALD and started doing this weird little dance hoping up and down to go and get his new guitar. Its so awesome to see them so happy. I seriously hope we get a tell all interview once this all dies down about what happened and how it happened. 

After seeing this show 3 times in 3 different cities, i've come to realize that a vast majority of the crowd can only stand up until This I Love. Once TIL hits, its a snooze fest until Axl holds that note towards the end and the crowd becomes interested again.. I enjoyed every bit of it though, and would gladly go see them again if i could. 

Im so happy i got to experience Sorry too! With vocals this time :lol: It really caught me by surprise when Fortus was playing the intro on guitar. I thought he was just giving us tease and then jumping into Don't Cry. I think that may have been an audible as well because it seemed like there was a little confusion on the stage before the band went into it. Everyone was out on stage, but nothing was happening. 

Can we take a minute to talk about Melissa? I know she has been a hot topic for GNR fans lately. But god damn, her backing vocals are freaking insane. Especially on Sorry. She fucking kills it each night. Also she was wearing some sort of outfit last night that you could see right through... Call me a pervert, but :drool::drool:

All in all i loved this tour and i cant wait to see what happens next

• Like 3

Way more than 35,000.  Didn't look like there were many seats empty, maybe a few a couple of the very top sections, but were' talking a handful not rows and rows. The big jumbo screen ended about where the stage started (I did wonder how quickly I would die if that thing fell on me), so it's not like only half of the huge stadium was filled up.

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2152.jpg

Edited by rlr49heels
  • Like 1