Frank Ferrer

12 minutes ago, Bono said:

I mean for fuck sakes I just gave you a handfull of valid reasons why I'd pick Matt and you just said no that's not why I'd pick him. So what I'm lying to you? 

That annoys me more than anything about some people. You state your case and give specific examples and all you hear back is.. Wah Wah.. You just don't like them because they weren't part of original 5 blah blah...

I can list plenty of drummers that aren't Matt Sorum or Steven Adler that would do this band the justice it deserves.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That annoys me more than anything about some people. You state your case and give specific examples and all you hear back is.. Wah Wah.. You just don't like them because they weren't part of original 5 blah blah...

I can list plenty of drummers that aren't Matt Sorum or Steven Adler that would do this band the justice it deserves.

Like who? Not that I don't think that there are any but who is available and fits in? 

Edited by Nicklord

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Like who? Not that I don't think that there are any but who is available and fits in? 

Brent Fitz from The Conspirators actually could but then you ge this weird dynamic of half Axl's band, Half Slash's band with Duff in the middle haha. 

• Like 2

Frank, in my opinion, is not nearly as bad as some people make him out to be.  He isn't my first pick no, but I am happy with the way the band sounds overall and he is doing a decent job.  I do wish Adler and Sorum would be there but hey they aren't so whatever

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Professor Snape to name one...

30 minutes ago, Bono said:

Brent Fitz from The Conspirators actually could but then you ge this weird dynamic of half Axl's band, Half Slash's band with Duff in the middle haha. 

Okay. Let's say that he doesn't want to be in GnR and is happy to take break now. Who else? 

He's a decent enough sort of chap and an excellent musician. I feel the tempos seem too rushed and yes I agree they're classic tunes for a reason and shouldn't be meddled with. Slash doesn't fuck with the intro to SCOM so why does Frank fuck with certain tracks? Of course I would rather see Stevie or Matt because I'm a purists and they play the songs I love and remember them. No disrespect Frank it's nothing personal. When Matt joined he didn't change any drumming on AFD did he?

The UYI tour started with secret theater shows, Axl damaged his foot and was in a cast for the first leg and playing was a bit sloppy at first ( only compared to later shows, they still properly kicked major butt!) As the tour went on it just got better and better. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

I do pray we hear from our 2-3 missing persons soon though and maybe get an interview and a photo shoot like the old dayz and more importantly the documentary and shows from the 80's & 90's.

Edited by Jonnyrose5
spelling
  • Like 1

When I first heard him on the Troubador clip, pretty jarring.  I didn't like the changes he made.

Overall though, I think he is good for the band where it's at.  He's extremely tight, and he gives some of the songs more energy.  I love his work on Estranged, he keeps the rhythm section hot and keeps the song moving, whereas the album version and Matt's take had it drag a little bit.

We do not allow for personal insults or attacks at this forum.  I apologize for removing some rather lengthy posts, but the rules are rules.  

This is a general warning.  Any more personal attacks within this thread will result in warning points and suspensions.  

We can disagree without the need to attack someone personally.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Frank has been in the band since 2006. This is the first tour the AFD songs are played that fast, meaning it was a concsious decision.

I concur. I keep mentioning that Slash has been playing them pretty fast with SMKC (especially Jungle) so it is what it is. Not that Frank doesn't have other faults but the fast tempos aren't entirely his.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I concur. I keep mentioning that Slash has been playing them pretty fast with SMKC (especially Jungle) so it is what it is. Not that Frank doesn't have other faults but the fast tempos aren't entirely his.

This is true, but a lot of people will never take that on board. 

There's members on here that act like Slash or Duff don't have a tongue in their head... If they thought "this is way too fast" they would say "slow down". Everyone blames because he's an easier target. 

2 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Frank has been in the band since 2006. This is the first tour the AFD songs are played that fast, meaning it was a concsious decision.

It is almost every song. And his awful drumming goes beyond the fast tempo.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

I would have loved Steven to be included for the Appetite stuff but I am totally satisfied with Frank.  Listened to the Vegas shows and the number of errors he made were probably much less than the number Slash did.  Do I care either way?  Nah.  If an artist fluffed his lines on a recorded studio album, i'd be upset.  In a live rock and roll situation, it doesn't matter a jot to me.  I just take it in my stride and enjoy the overall picture.  

• Like 1

Just watched Estranged... I have sen other people bitch about his playing on this one. It wasn't terrible.. The song and tempo were near perfect but I did find his hi hat annoying the first half of the song. And he got a case of turrets during one of Slash's last solos and started with unnecessary fills.. Not quite as bad as Rocket Queen but less is more during guitar solos dude.. Maybe they need to give this guy a drum solo to get it out of his system. 

23 hours ago, T-Minus said:

I would have loved Steven to be included for the Appetite stuff but I am totally satisfied with Frank.  Listened to the Vegas shows and the number of errors he made were probably much less than the number Slash did.  Do I care either way?  Nah.  If an artist fluffed his lines on a recorded studio album, i'd be upset.  In a live rock and roll situation, it doesn't matter a jot to me.  I just take it in my stride and enjoy the overall picture.  

The drums should be the last thing that tarnish the overall picture.. They shouldn't even be really noticed :/ The fact that as many people notice the negative effects is an issue. 

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just watched Estranged... I have sen other people bitch about his playing on this one. It wasn't terrible.. The song and tempo were near perfect but I did find his hi hat annoying the first half of the song. And he got a case of turrets during one of Slash's last solos and started with unnecessary fills.. Not quite as bad as Rocket Queen but less is more during guitar solos dude.. Maybe they need to give this guy a drum solo to get it out of his system. 

Good idea. All possible opinions about Frank aside, it can't be any worse than Matt's solo from back in the day can it? :lol:

• Like 2