Pitman: " I left that band of past hits"

I kinda feel sorry for Pitman, he was in the worlds biggest band at its worst incarnation and even worst musical direction. Seriously Silkworms and Oh My God are not Guns N' Roses, its more NIN or Marilyn Manson. He was never the right fit for GNR.

Although I do get why hes frustrated or angry, he was in the band for 18 years. Slash and Duff who were at the time enemies of GNR are welcomed with open arms and every one who was in the band is now just a tour employee. Even Dizzy Reed who is the longest serving member of the band after Axl is just a salaried tour member, whilst Axl, Slash and Duff split the profits of the tour.

But nonetheless he was never the right fit for GNR. And yes he was just a SECOND keyboard player and cant be compared to might, fame or reputation of Slash or Duff but still the whole way this was handled seems very distasteful and not professional at all.

Cris wasn't "in the band", he was a hireling gopher boy, like a more pathetic, less talented Dizzy in what for all intents and purposes was Axl solo or a Guns N Roses tribute band.

Saying he was in a band implies he had some sort of say in things, where we all know that not one of the "Nu GNR" guys from Tobias through to the teeny goth Slash impersonator had any say in anything.

I never gave too much of a shit about him until this ugly, entitlement/delusions of granduer thing has been on show, like somehow he actually feels some kind of ownership or right of the name Guns N Roses because he weaseled around in Axl's backing band for 17 years or whatever.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, darkknite63 said:

I kinda feel sorry for Pitman, he was in the worlds biggest band at its worst incarnation and even worst musical direction. Seriously Silkworms and Oh My God are not Guns N' Roses, its more NIN or Marilyn Manson. He was never the right fit for GNR.

Although I do get why hes frustrated or angry, he was in the band for 18 years. Slash and Duff who were at the time enemies of GNR are welcomed with open arms and every one who was in the band is now just a tour employee. Even Dizzy Reed who is the longest serving member of the band after Axl is just a salaried tour member, whilst Axl, Slash and Duff split the profits of the tour.

But nonetheless he was never the right fit for GNR. And yes he was just a SECOND keyboard player and cant be compared to might, fame or reputation of Slash or Duff but still the whole way this was handled seems very distasteful and not professional at all.

Is Dizzy just a salaried tour member? Do you have a source? I know that all the promotion has been about "the big 3", but that's because having Slash and Duff back is what's selling tickets.
I can sympathize with Pitman as well to a degree, but hey, he made a lot of money, got to travel the world and "play" for a lot of people because Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt (and to some extent Dizzy) made some great music. He should consider himself lucky and it's pathetic that he's implicating that the present formation is a bunch of has-beens. What would you rather be? A has-been (that I don't think that Slash, Axl and Duff is BTW) or a leach on a couple of has-beens (that Pitman was for 18 years).
To boot: 
He seems to be an asshole.

• Like 2

Never really had an opinion on Pitman untill he decided to blame his outburst on "remember kids, don't drink and text!".

That was pathetic really. He should have owned what he said or at least kept it at "I made stupid comments." part.

He tried to sleeze his way back in, it didn't work and now he's bitching about it..

Edited by Kenan

14 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Is Dizzy just a salaried tour member? Do you have a source? I know that all the promotion has been about "the big 3", but that's because having Slash and Duff back is what's selling tickets.
I can sympathize with Pitman as well to a degree, but hey, he made a lot of money, got to travel the world and "play" for a lot of people because Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt (and to some extent Dizzy) made some great music. He should consider himself lucky and it's pathetic that he's implicating that the present formation is a bunch of has-beens. What would you rather be? A has-been (that I don't think that Slash, Axl and Duff is BTW) or a leach on a couple of has-beens (that Pitman was for 18 years).
To boot: 
He seems to be an asshole.

I dont exactly have a source I cant remember where I read it, it might have been on eddie trunks website or his podcast. And I do agree that Pitman has been well compensated and has enjoyed a lot of world traveling etc, and from his interviews and his behavior he was an asshole. Oh well we do have Melissa who seems to be a breath of fresh air and of course Slash and Duff.

12 minutes ago, darkknite63 said:

I dont exactly have a source I cant remember where I read it, it might have been on eddie trunks website or his podcast. And I do agree that Pitman has been well compensated and has enjoyed a lot of world traveling etc, and from his interviews and his behavior he was an asshole. Oh well we do have Melissa who seems to be a breath of fresh air and of course Slash and Duff.

Yeah, Melissa seems to really enjoy herself and she provides great backup-vox, her voice meshes nicely with Duff's. Beyond that, I don't really know what she does, but she's positive and looks funny in a kind of cool way when she's bunny hopping. I like her.

• Like 2

He spent 15 years in a band, likely being told that big things were going to happen and listening to how Slash was the devil and this is Guns N'Roses now. Whether you like his contributions or not you can understand why he might feel slighted by all of this.

I don't care that he's gone but if we're supposed to have undying sympathy of Steven Adler we can give the guys that were tossed aside for the reunion a little.