Models got free front row tickets, VIP access to "pretty up" Dodgers Stadium for concert video

Just now, Slash787 said:

Its not about that, my thing is that what they did that they got FREE show tickets? 

Models always get free tickets to everything, or do you think all those super models at Coachella paid for tickets? I bet they were even paid to be there. It's just how it is.

I don't see how this comes as a surprise at all.

• Like 1

Just now, emybdc said:

Models always get free tickets to everything, or do you think all those super models at Coachella paid for tickets? I bet they were even paid to be there. It's just how it is.

I don't see how this comes as a surprise at all.

Yeah but what is even the need? The shows are going well, they sound really good, many fans are coming from all over, so whats the use of these models? 

Axl can sleep with 50 models, its his life, but why call these models to show where people PAY to watch them, these models just make duck faces, get drunk and do god knows what, they don't even know a single lyric of a song, half of the time they are falling cause they are so drunk. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah but what is even the need? The shows are going well, they sound really good, many fans are coming from all over, so whats the use of these models? 

Axl can sleep with 50 models, its his life, but why call these models to show where people PAY to watch them, these models just make duck faces, get drunk and do god knows what, they don't even know a single lyric of a song, half of the time they are falling cause they are so drunk. 

I don't see how this is any of our business. If anything they're the ones not getting the money for the tickets they gave away, so if they're cool with that, I don't see why we should pay any attention to this.

On that note, models aren't the only ones who get free tickets/stuff. It's famous people all around. Charlie Sheen was there too, I bet he doesn't pay for tickets. I bet Trunk doesn't pay for tickets either - and we know he's a fan.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 1

750x422

It doesn't look like ALL of the models were enjoying themselves like they were "paid" to do...

Check out little Miss BoredAsFuck on the rail above and try to tell me that it was a good idea to invite her!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

No offense, but are you the supplier of these girls or something? why are you getting so offended? 

Ok good for you that you saw GNR 5 times?

Your opinion is that its nothing wrong if these plastic models are getting free tickets with transport and meeting the band.

My opinion is that my beautiful friends on here like @Italian girl @dgnr @axlsend @AxlsFavoriteRose @Jane M. @Andy14 @Juliette (sorry if im missing anyone) should be meet the band/get free tickets cause they are so much beautiful and better than those plastic models. 

Thanks... I hope to meet them someday .. So I'll call you to let you speak with axl :))))

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

I don't see how this is any of our business. If anything they're the ones not getting the money for the tickets they gave away, so if they're cool with that, I don't why we should pay any attention to this.

On that note, models aren't the only ones who get free tickets/stuff. It's famous people all around. Charlie Sheen was there too, I bet he doesn't pay for tickets. I bet Trunk doesn't pay for tickets either - and we know he's a fan.

Family and friends are a different thing, @wasted was Slash's neighbor and knows him personally, Trunk knows them too. Marc, Michelle Young etc etc know them personally and are like family, so that is ok.

But random girls just cause they look "Hot" getting free tickets of the front row......it just doesn't feels right to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Family and friends are a different thing, @wasted was Slash's neighbor and knows him personally, Trunk knows them too. Marc, Michelle Young etc etc know them personally and are like family, so that is ok.

But random girls just cause they look "Hot" getting free tickets of the front row......it just doesn't feels right to me. 

I just don't understand how it's any of our business who they invite to their own show. It's not up to us to say who they can and who they cannot invite. Personally, I think it's just dumb but I don't think that gives me the right to bitch about since it has nothing to do with me.

that is how alot of artists are doing it these days, Billy Joel, Garth Brooks, Paul McCartney and I am sure others are known for not selling the front row of their concerts, than on the day of the show people who are with the band are looking for really attractive girls and upgrading them to the front row, it is really sad how these artists are obsessed with trying to remain hip and seen as still desirable to girls who are young enough to be their grandaughter's, but it the concerts are being shown on the big screen or people are filming it they want those attractive girls in the shoot so they can keep their ego

6 minutes ago, k12 said:

that is how alot of artists are doing it these days, Billy Joel, Garth Brooks, Paul McCartney and I am sure others are known for not selling the front row of their concerts, than on the day of the show people who are with the band are looking for really attractive girls and upgrading them to the front row, it is really sad how these artists are obsessed with trying to remain hip and seen as still desirable to girls who are young enough to be their grandaughter's, but it the concerts are being shown on the big screen or people are filming it they want those attractive girls in the shoot so they can keep their ego

Yeah I know it happens, but wow I din't expect something like this at a Paul McCartney show.

@RussTCB did it happen at the Roger Waters shows also? 

20 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I don't see how this is any of our business. If anything they're the ones not getting the money for the tickets they gave away, so if they're cool with that, I don't see why we should pay any attention to this.

These are probably comp'd tickets, and don't count against the gate. They were already negotiated in the deal with LiveNation, and they get a designated amount or even more for each show. They can do whatever they want with them, and are usually counted separate from family & close friends. Looks like they want certain people backstage in the after party for whoever likes to hangout after the gig. 

Just another dirty secret about the live music business. Kind of like having people backstage playing keyboards and guitar to help fill out the sound. (This happens in other bands, not GNR. They have Melissa out front doing most of that. Yes, she can play guitar parts on her keyboards to help make the chorus sound bigger.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stella said:

Yeah, I wouldn't bash the models themselves, although I do think that regardless of who one is, if one is in the front row of the concert, it's rude to spend the show taking selfies and browsing one's phone. At least pretend to be interested and don't ignore the band. But aside from that, no, I'm not criticizing these young women themselves. I doubt anyone would turn down the same offer if it were presented to them.

I don't think people are bashing the models, more like we're bashing the band for going this route when it does not seem necessary. They DO have fans who have shown interest in attending the shows. It's not like they need to fill up those seats to pretend they have audience when they do not.

Models get "free tickets" but the agency is paid by GN'R to select X amount of women, put them in a van and make them show up at the concert. It is part of their job. They cannot refuse, like you cannot refuse a task given by your boss at the office. Most probably they know only one song of this band and they would not pay one single penny from their pockets to see them on their own will.

It's not like they are "accepting" to go because its a great offer presented to them for free. Not for free. Nothing's for free.

34 minutes ago, emybdc said:

So you only get involved or care about things that are your business or you have a personal interest in? :shrugs:

Just because things happen repeteadly or have become a custom it doesn't mean they are okay, that they should remain like that forever and that if it doesn't personally affect you, one should not get involved. That kind of approach of life is certainly selfish and no revolution or change in society could have happened before by following such mentality.

It is more than obvious that them, as a band, will do whatever they like and please, not going to ask us if we think their every move is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, they could be pimping each one of those models and who cares, right? It is part of rock n' roll to use and abuse women, objectify them and throw them away when they become useless. Yeah, let's keep encouraging that, it is a great message for our future generations. :thumbsup:

Let's applaud the fact that a band is subtlely telling their fans "if you are not female, young and hot you can't be front row, we don't like you, move back or better, just leave, we don't want your ugly/fat/old face in our videos".

SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS, yeaaaaah! rock3

:facepalm:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

750x422

It doesn't look like ALL of the models were enjoying themselves like they were "paid" to do...

Check out little Miss BoredAsFuck on the rail above and try to tell me that it was a good idea to invite her!

Omg. She looks so out of place as if she was Photoshop into the picture. How can  you be at a GNR concert and look like that???

48 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Thanks... I hope to meet them someday .. So I'll call you to let you speak with axl :))))

Well I'm not tall, young or busty and I've met Axl so I guess he must have been having a bad night that night. :lol:

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So you only get involved or care about things that are your business or you have a personal interest in? :shrugs:

Just because things happen repeteadly or have become a custom it doesn't mean they are okay, that they should remain like that forever and that if it doesn't personally affect you, one should not get involved. That kind of approach of life is certainly selfish and no revolution or change in society could have happened before by following such mentality.

It is more than obvious that them, as a band, will do whatever they like and please, not going to ask us if we think their every move is right or wrong. As a matter of fact, they could be pimping each one of those models and who cares, right? It is part of rock n' roll to use and abuse women, objectify them and throw them away when they become useless. Yeah, let's keep encouraging that, it is a great message for our future generations. :thumbsup:

Let's applaud the fact that a band is subtlely telling their fans "if you are not female, young and hot you can't be front row, we don't like you, move back or better, just leave, we don't want your ugly/fat/old face in our videos".

SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS, yeaaaaah! rock3

:facepalm:

Yep, usually I try to stay out of other people's business.

What you don't get is this doesn't bother at all and I don't think is something we should fight to change. Women getting paid less than men? SURE, let's change that. But I couldn't care less who GnR invites to their show and whether these people go or not, if they have fun or not. I think you're waaaay out of line saying that they only care about hot young female fans. We should remember they're upgrading ALL kinds of Nightrain members to the pit, not only female, young and hot ones.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 1

Not even sure why this is making the news. 

This is literally standard practice for almost every live event, television show, awards show, concert, anything that involves a live audience and a camera, where the audience may be seen. Anything being broadcasted to television or recorded for dvd. It's called "Casted Audience". 

How do I know??? I work in Film and Television, I'm on sets every day, and I see it every day. 

Google it.... Casted Audience. 

You don't have to be a model, you can sign up for it. GNR wanted model types, so that's who got called. If you're a metalhead looking biker dude all inked up, and that's what a production is looking for, they'll call you.

Edited by waveonetravel
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that bored-looking woman is just a regular fan who's a little tired and bored during the extended rendition of KOHD (my guess from Axl holding out his mike for the crowd to sing into). Bit mean to slag her off, I'm a big fan and even I get a little tired during that bit in the set from time to time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Yep, usually I try to stay out of other people's business.

What you don't get is this doesn't bother at all and I don't think is something we should fight to change. Women getting paid less than men? SURE, let's change that. But I couldn't care less who GnR invites to their show and wether these people go or not, if they have fun or not. I think you're waaaay out of line saying that they only care about hot young female fans. We should remember they're upgrading ALL kinds of Nightrain members to the pit, not only female, young and hot ones.

I see a good amount of posts in this thread of different people who DO seem to be bothered about this. Just because YOU dont get bothered by it, doesn't mean everybody thinks, acts or feels same as you and that we all should remain in silence because it is not "our business".

Not everybody takes a selfish approach in life. Respect other people's business of getting involved in the business they want to :thumbsup:

Yes, it is nice they upgrade people to the pit and I am aware they are not only young, female fans. But how many people get upgraded per night? I see only 3-4 maximum.

These are like 50 models in front row, required to be there by the band.

I never said "they care only about hot young female fans". I said that requirement sounded crappy to the eyes of any regular looking fan, whether female or not.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah I know it happens, but wow I din't expect something like this at a Paul McCartney show.

@RussTCB did it happen at the Roger Waters shows also? 

It didn't happen at either of the shows I attended in 2010 and 2013. I was literally front row center for the first one, then I was about 10 rows back the second time around and didn't see it either time. He filmed 3 or 4 shows that made up the blu-ray and I wasn't at any of those, so I can't say whether or not it happened there. The thing that bums me out with GN'R is that it happens at every show. I was in the pit for Chicago 2 and it was a bummer to see these models being corralled to and from the backstage area.

• Like 1