Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To a few posters, the Partnership Agreement is essentially just controls licensing. It isn't the band seeing as, Axl withdrew from it and formed a new partnership, i.e. nugnr (his words). It would not shock me if Slash and Duff were salaried to be honest, salaried musicians of (technically) Nugnr. It would certainly be a whopping salary but it would still be a salary.

Slash and Duff (and Axl) can veto and license GN'R material.

Izzy cannot.

That is the only difference.

I also would not be surprised If we were to find out that Slash and Duff are nothing more than employees as was the case with the previous lineup.

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

I've barely seen ANYTHING in this thread that struck me as Axlite or sheepish behavior.

Just people trying to stay objective and not jump to conclusions and condemn people when we don't know shit about what actually went down

Really? You really missed the people reducing Izzy's songwriting contributions to a much smaller amount than reality, criticised his live persona and/or lambasted his entire solo career (having obviously heard none of it - that much is obvious)?

One poster even provided a list of Mygnr's top twleve GN'R songs, citing it as an example of mygnr's indifference to Izzy's songwriting contributions.

The list contained five Stradlin credits!

Another accused Izzy of ditching the Ju Ju Hounds, just like he ditched Guns.

Ju Ju Hounds, his own band!!

You really missed all of this?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To a few posters, the Partnership Agreement is essentially just controls licensing. It isn't the band seeing as, Axl withdrew from it and formed a new partnership, i.e. nugnr (his words). It would not shock me if Slash and Duff were salaried to be honest, salaried musicians of (technically) Nugnr. It would certainly be a whopping salary but it would still be a salary.

Slash and Duff (and Axl) can veto and license GN'R material.

Izzy cannot.

That is the only difference.

I can only speak for myself when I say i get all of that. and it seems to be that the other posters do as well. 

you seem to be under the guise that because its a business model its somehow not as valid as a band partnership.. far from it actually. doesnt matter when this partnership was agreed upon. It has been in place a long time ago. Izzy took the bread that was owed to him. he wanted no part of the busines model, otherwise he would have joined. 

my understanding is this agreement was done  and in place between 97-99. Fuck what Axl said in the past. Its clear he tried to save alot of face and paint everyone else as the devil. 2>1 is much easier to believe than 1 sole person saying his piece

The new partnership Axl talked about was a BAND partnership I can only assume, not a business one. As that was already in place well before his new lineup was introduced to the world

Edited by NicDwolfwood

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I also would not be surprised If we were to find out that Slash and Duff are nothing more than employees as was the case with the previous lineup.

Well yes, that is what they would be as salaried members. I could see them negotiating a massive workers contract with multiple stipulations and with a big salary, but they still would be the same as Melissa and Dizzy effectively.

I'm not convinced but it wouldn't shock me.

Wow, so bummed out, but not really surprised by Izzys tweet. I was really hoping it wouldnt come down to politics and that Izzy would come and go as he saw fit but a guess the writing was on the wall when he was a no show in L A.

The thing I don't get is this, why tweet this, if what we were speculating turns out to seemingly to be the truth? and did this tweet come befor or after the Axl you owe me tweet? 

image.jpg

Not going to wade in on the debate about Izzy's worth or discuss band cut percentages as its pointless, it's still just speculation

Edited by Archtop

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Really? You really missed the people reducing Izzy's songwriting contributions to a much smaller amount than reality, criticised his live persona and/or lambasted his entire solo career (having obviously heard none of it - that much is obvious)?

One poster even provided a list of Mygnr's top twleve GN'R songs, citing it as an example of mygnr's indifference to Izzy's songwriting contributions.

The list contained five Stradlin credits!

Another accused Izzy of ditching the Ju Ju Hounds, just like he ditched Guns/

Ju Ju Hounds, his own band!!

You really missed all of this?

Stuff like appreciating his live persona or not is purely subjective. You happen to think it's cool and effortlessly rock n roll and I happen to agree with you, but others are going to think it's boring. Different strokes. Same with his solo work or the songs he contributed to Guns. I'm a huge Izzy fan and I think songs like Sweet Caress or Gotta Say are way better than most of the stuff Slash has produced for example, but not everyone's going to like it. Hell, I don't even like all the songs he wrote for Guns. If someone feels his solo work is crap or all the songs he wrote for GNR are crap or over-rated or only good because Axl and Slash mangled them, that's their prerogative. Doesn't automatically make anyone an Axlite in my eyes.

As for the Ju Ju Hounds, I do remember something in the back of my head about the other guys in the band (or at least one of them) being really pissed at Izzy about the whole thing. But I don't remember enough about the whole thing anymore to feel qualified to comment on it.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Well, I guess this goes to show Izzy's true colours!!! What a JOKE. Only in it for the money, and doesn't care about the fans like Axl, Slash, and Duff do. I guess Izzy is fine with his career being OVER. His music is a joke now. He hasn't written a good song since he had Axl over his shoulder telling him what to do. Chinese Democracy is one of the best albums of the last century!!! What has Izzy done other than make royalties??????? NOTHING. God damn JOKE

AXL SAID IT BEST

7 minutes ago, Archtop said:

The thing I don't get is this, why tweet this, if what we were speculating turns out to seemingly to be the truth? and did this tweet come befor or after the Axl you owe me tweet? 

Not going to wade in on the debate about Izzy's worth or discuss band cut percentages as its pointless, it's still just speculation

image.jpg

I think it came after "you owe me bro".

There is also the more recent F.P. Money song story. After a few days of speculation that it was about the reunion (and it seems now that it actually was), Izzy tweeted that it was about a TV character and then deleted the tweet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

Stuff like appreciating his live persona or not is purely subjective. You happen to think it's cool and effortlessly rock n roll and I happen to agree with you, but others are going to think it's boring. Different strokes. Same with his solo work or the songs he contributed to Guns. I'm a huge Izzy fan and I think songs like Sweet Caress or Gotta Say are way better than most of the stuff Slash has produced for example, but not everyone's going to like it. Hell, I don't even like all the songs he wrote for Guns. If someone feels his solo work is crap or all the songs he wrote for GNR are crap or over-rated or only good because Axl and Slash mangled them, that's their prerogative. Doesn't automatically make anyone an Axlite in my eyes.

As for the Ju Ju Hounds, I do remember something in the back of my head about the other guys in the band (or at least one of them) being really pissed at Izzy about the whole thing. But I don't remember enough about the whole thing anymore to feel qualified to comment on it.

He played with Rick Richards on the Ju Ju Hounds album, and still plays with Rick Richards today.

It certainly is subjective but people are putting forth this subjectivity as if it is objectivity and using it in this debate about his non inclusion in Guns N' Roses. There is going to be a rebuttal, from those who like Izzy, me being one - what do you expect? I personally find Axl overrated and annoying in the extreme, but I do not place this forth as objective fact. 

18 hours ago, maynard said:

I don't trust Axl, Slash and Duff. But I also can't trust Izzy that easily like bacardi did. It's almost childish how he trusts so firmly in his words like Izzy hasn't had his share of bullshit over the years. How naive of some of you.

Don't get me wrong, a full reunion would've been perfect but let's be honest. Izzy. can't. play. anymore. Simple as that. He was a bad live performer back then and is even worse now. Fortus would still be backstage doing most of the stuff, let's be honest. And that would be even more pathetic IMO. Having izzy standing there like an idiot making money for simply being there.

We will never know exactly why the full reunion didn't happen. Yes, money was a huge factor. But this band has a little problem with egos and band members being very unstable.

Partial reunion is still awesome and the best thing to happen since 1993.

Izzy also didn't show up for the Hall of Fame. Dude couldn't care less about the fans. It's pathetic to be so pro-Izzy like some of you.

IZZY CAN PLAY... You are rather clueless and ill informed...

26 minutes ago, marunic said:

Well, I guess this goes to show Izzy's true colours!!! What a JOKE. Only in it for the money, and doesn't care about the fans like Axl, Slash, and Duff do. I guess Izzy is fine with his career being OVER. His music is a joke now. He hasn't written a good song since he had Axl over his shoulder telling him what to do. Chinese Democracy is one of the best albums of the last century!!! What has Izzy done other than make royalties??????? NOTHING. God damn JOKE

AXL SAID IT BEST

If the issue is money, then there is no one specific person to blame.   Izzy wants to be paid what he feels he deserves and the other three apparently aren't agreeable to that.  There is no right or wrong in that.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marunic said:

AXL SAID IT BEST

Really... So of the 122 original tunes Izzy put out since 1991, not one is good?

Axls 14 Songs since 1991 are masterpieces, Ok...

I have determined you are Eric Foreman in Red Foreman's eyes... ... ...

32 minutes ago, marunic said:

AXL SAID IT BEST

Are you serious or are you high or are you 13 years old?

Edited by Rayno
typo

32 minutes ago, marunic said:

AXL SAID IT BEST

This is the only thing this thread lacked until now: trolling :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, marunic said:

AXL SAID IT BEST

Yeah, this sums up the situation all right. The Big Three shitting all over Izzy while playing music he wrote.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, maynard said:

I don't trust Axl, Slash and Duff. But I also can't trust Izzy that easily like bacardi did. It's almost childish how he trusts so firmly in his words like Izzy hasn't had his share of bullshit over the years. How naive of some of you.

Don't get me wrong, a full reunion would've been perfect but let's be honest. Izzy. can't. play. anymore. Simple as that. He was a bad live performer back then and is even worse now. Fortus would still be backstage doing most of the stuff, let's be honest. And that would be even more pathetic IMO. Having izzy standing there like an idiot making money for simply being there.

We will never know exactly why the full reunion didn't happen. Yes, money was a huge factor. But this band has a little problem with egos and band members being very unstable.

Partial reunion is still awesome and the best thing to happen since 1993.

Izzy also didn't show up for the Hall of Fame. Dude couldn't care less about the fans. It's pathetic to be so pro-Izzy like some of you.

First time I agree with Maynard :D:D

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Guns N' Posers.

Essentially, this band is dead. They have no future without Izzy. Just tour all of Izzy's hits for the next two years and then drop the next Chinese Democracy turd with Duff and Slash cut and pasted into the mix. Then fuck off to their mansions and count the loot.

What a joke of a band GnR has become. Duff and Slash sure talked a good game all these years. In the end, they're nothing but greedy hypocrites like the redhead. It's disappointing to see what two faced business man Duff has become. A shame.

Oh stop..lol

Cant have it one way, and ignore the other.. So its OK for Izzy to want $$, but Axl, Slash and Duff are greedy for not appeasing him??? 

Edited by NicDwolfwood

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Guns N' Posers.

Essentially, this band is dead. They have no future without Izzy. Just tour all of Izzy's hits for the next two years and then drop the next Chinese Democracy turd with Duff and Slash cut and pasted into the mix. Then fuck off to their mansions and count the loot.

What a joke of a band GnR has become. Duff and Slash sure talked a good game all these years. In the end, they're nothing but greedy hypocrites like the redhead. It's disappointing to see what two faced business man Duff has become. A shame.

Can you imagine an Izzyless Guns album. Cheesy Slash rockers with electrical techno ontop and ballads. Probably the only redemption will be if Duff does a few punk rockers.

To the people talking about how Slash deserves more than Izzy because of how much he cared about the band (or brand) in the last 25 years, this is what Slash said about his involvement in GNR and how much he cared: 

And I love this one, for those who try to make it look like Izzy and Steven are irrelevant.

"I've always said we were the only five people that could have made that band."

• Like 1

Well, I don't understand all this passion for Izzy. I want to make only a little example. Some consider CD not so good. But...only two songs : "There was a time" and "Prostitute". How many fucking musician can write such songs? Maybe Izzy with his solo career? I don't think. So...for me the discussion can be stopped here!

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

"Hybrid supporters" We're supporting reality, NOT what WE think should be reality. The hyrbid of old and new works! the band sounds great, so yeah! I will support it. 

"This was supposed to be a rock n roll band" Izzy did say something similar to this when he was citing why he left, but in saying that, Izzy showed the world exactly how naive he truly was / is. Even by the end of the AFD tour GnR were a corporation, they were quite insular, but nonetheless they were a business. They had staff, they sold merch, they worked with labels, signed legal agreements etc. all the things businesses do.

It's not as much fun to think about it in realistic terms, because we all love the mystical idea of 5 pirate rock stars not playing the game, and not giving a toss about business or percentages but that's just not the case. 

Izzy is talking about not getting paid enough money, SO he obviously learnt the value of business somewhere in the last 20 years... because if he was purely music driven, he'd be out doing the same as Steven... who would come out and play for free, let's face it! and he'd be smiling his head off. Izzy isn't greedy for asking for a fair share... but if he wasn't going to be doing the same amount of work on or off stage as the main 3, then he OBVIOUSLY doesn't qualify to receive the same amount of money as they do. 

I run a band, I pay the guys according to what they do. each member gets a fixed rate, and I get a little extra because I do all the bookings and grunt work. Now, if the guys in my band started to to look for gigs and help out in other areas, I would begin to pay more to whoever was doing the extra work (buying gear, organising rehearsals, recording, setting up the stage / gear etc). I don't pay anyone anymore or less than what they are worth: as in they are paid to play the material and entertain, so that's what they are paid for... nothing more. That's at the lowest level of the music business industry, so can you imagine what it's like when you're talking about a multi-million dollar tour? 

Right on!!!