Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

On 9/10/2016 at 2:06 AM, melonhead87 said:

No, he looks like a butthurt celebrity ala Taylor Swift or Kanye West. Running to twitter is a bitch move. The band will move on to South America and destroy crowds while keyboard warrior Izzy will be scheming up his next tweet.

The 'keyboard warrior' speaks the truth while all we get is GNR LIES. 

• Like 1

Since I wasn't present at the actual discussions between the band members, I cannot make a judgement on who is "in the wrong" or who is "in the right" or who didn't offer what, or who reneged on such and such; but I can certainly say that I cannot believe..I cannot believe!..how close we were to an actual full AFD reunion! They were all in discussions about it obviously..and it was close, so close!..and it looks like both sides had a hand in preventing that from happening. Wow. Disappointing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Izzy only has one good album and its not better than Chinese Democracy.

you're wrong CD is terrible from A to Z and Izzy's one good album is indeed better as the effortless rhythm is there whereas CD as much as Duff and Slash kissed up to axl to pretend they like it, is a total fucking bore 

28 minutes ago, Asia said:

What's the difference weather Izzy's solo albums are better or worse than cd? Nobody's forcing anyone to go to a GNR concert, everyone can stay home listening to Izzy's solo albums instead, if that suits them better... 

uh well axl alludes that izzy's solo work is not up to par to get back inside the GNR camp and that is a total fucking joke of a statement - mega douchebaggery when he wrote that diatribe for not attending the RRHF 

35 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

Please stop with this bullshit about Axl continuing on with GNR like he was some kind of hero.  He forced everyone else out and stole the name and $$$ all for himself! 

What kind of reality are you living in? It's like you dont even know what was going on the last 20 years. Axl was extremely bitter at everyone FOR leaving, including Izzy, and especially Slash. Forcing Slash and Duff out is the opposite of what he wanted. He even offered Duff a ton of money to stay in the late 90s, which Duff found flattering, but left anyway. He did secure himself the name though. You need to get your facts straight, and maybe read the Chinese Whispers. You seem to have no clue about what actually happened in 1996.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Since I wasn't present at the actual discussions between the band members, I cannot make a judgement on who is "in the wrong" or who is "in the right" or who didn't offer what, or who reneged on such and such; but I can certainly say that I cannot believe..I cannot believe!..how close we were to an actual full AFD reunion! They were all in discussions about it obviously..and it was close, so close!..and it looks like both sides had a hand in preventing that from happening. Wow. Disappointing.

Some source actually reported that Izzy was rehearsing with them at one point too. It probably happened, all 5 in one room playing, but it wasnt for the public to see sadly.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What kind of reality are you living in? It's like you dont even know what was going on the last 20 years. Axl was extremely bitter at everyone FOR leaving, including Izzy, and especially Slash. Forcing Slash and Duff out is the opposite of what he wanted. He even offered Duff a ton of money to stay in the late 90s, which Duff found flattering, but left anyway. He did secure himself the name though. You need to get your facts straight, and maybe read the Chinese Whispers. You seem to have no clue about what actually happened in 1996.

you seem to forget about a douche that joined king douche called Paul Douche which obviously destroyed the band from ever gelling properly again 

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

you seem to forget about a douche that joined king douche called Paul Douche which obviously destroyed the band from ever gelling properly again 

Axl did not invite Paul Huge with the intention of forcing everyone out. Completely ridiculous. How can you believe that?

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Some source actually reported that Izzy was rehearsing with them at one point too. It probably happened, all 5 in one room playing, but it wasnt for the public to see sadly.

You know what, I don't doubt that at all. This whole thing was probably way closer to happening than we actually realize.

i bet he said he was in 100% for all shows but his role in the band was reduced due to axl's loyalty towards fortus and then was delegated to guest spots where he would be receiving a little bit more than what he had been making for his previous spots with axl 

funny when axl really needed izzy to establish some sort of credibility with his nuguns, izzy was there in spades and sang well on 14 years etc 

and now the tables are reversed and axl didn't find a way to make it work 

• Like 2

I don't think so Izzy rehearsed with them, all the negotiations and financial dealings were done before they booked tours or even Coachella. 

They got a good offer from Coachella, so first it was up to the 3 to decide how much money would be divided between the 3.

Then they contacted Izzy and Steven and as Izzy tweeted they din't want to share the loot equally. It means he backed out that time. 

Steven agreed to whatever amount was offered, but sadly he hurt his back. I assume in the beginning it was Steven on all AFD songs with Frank on the rest, but later on when he recovered he was offered 2 and he agreed to that too. I hope plays more shows and all the AFD songs in the future. 

55 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

uh well axl alludes that izzy's solo work is not up to par to get back inside the GNR camp and that is a total fucking joke of a statement - mega douchebaggery when he wrote that diatribe for not attending the RRHF 

He probably meant his touring and overall engagement in long term projects rather than his music, though.

10 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i bet he said he was in 100% for all shows but his role in the band was reduced due to axl's loyalty towards fortus and then was delegated to guest spots where he would be receiving a little bit more than what he had been making for his previous spots with axl 

funny when axl really needed izzy to establish some sort of credibility with his nuguns, izzy was there in spades and sang well on 14 years etc 

The rumor on this thread is that Izzy was offered 40k for 4 shows. I'm assuming that's a paltry 10k/show while the other three make a million each. 

Then Axl and Duff throw him under the bus in that interview with their condescending "that crazy izzy" schtick.

No wonder Izzy told them all to fuck off.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Izzy was there for the BIG money Axl gave him, not for loyalty.  Izzy´s motivation is the $$$$$$$$, takes first place for what have shown. Now Axl is in another position, has to share with Slash and Duff.

Adler would perform a guest spot for free, that´s the difference with Izzy.

Edited by Juliette

So we are still speculating. I've decided I rather like the term Triad now in reference to the Big 3, for the Organised Crime  of not paving the way for a full reunion and only being in this for money and profit.? Which in turn makes Izzy a renegade for deserting and turning against them.?

Do you suppose this makes Beta, Consigliere??

Sorry not in least bit relevant, 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Izzy was there for the BIG money Axl gave him, not for loyalty.  Izzy´s motivation is the $$$$$$$$, takes first place for what have shown. Now Axl is in another positiion, has to share with Slash and Duff.

Adler would perform a guest spot for free, that´s the difference with Izzy.

I have to say, I really have no opinion on Izzy one way or the other but the posts and examples given in this thread have really given me the impression he is primarily motivated by money. Which is fine if that's what he likes, he can't be expected to get the short end of the stick compared to the others. Although I do think there's more going on, if he wanted to be a full time member again, for instance, opens up whole new realms of discussion and legal procedures that could cause some disagreements. 

Edited by Jw224

2 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Izzy was there for the BIG money Axl gave him, not for loyalty.  Izzy´s motivation is the $$$$$$$$, takes first place for what have shown.

Adler would perform a guess spot for free, that´s the difference with Izzy.

And Axl does these shows for free and volunteers in a soup kitchen afterwards.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Izzy was there for the BIG money Axl gave him, not for loyalty.  Izzy´s motivation is the $$$$$$$$, takes first place for what have shown.

Adler would perform a guess spot for free, that´s the difference with Izzy.

Its like 5 guys started a company and made a TV and that TV was very successful but over the years the company shut down. 

Then after 25 years the company starts to operate selling the same TV again, so the 4th and 5th business partner should get the equal amount of money of the sales of that 25 year old TV which the 5 of them made.