Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah, maybe that was the only way, piss him off so much to make a move and have a yelling match with him - get the anger out of the red head 

I mean history tells us Axl is not one to hold a grudge. Calling him out in public, and theoretically yelling at him seems like a great way to get what you want out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Reclamation Project said:

No sense getting worked up or picking sides when we hardly know the entire story (and probably never will).

All I know is I saw the NITL tour without Izzy and it fucking rocked.  

good point, but fortus is a stage whore whom would be much better be replaced by the original 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

I mean history tells us Axl is not one to hold a grudge. Calling him out in public, and theoretically yelling at him seems like a great way to get what you want out of him. 

i dont think axl can hold as much of a grudge now with anyone with all the fucking money he is making - one thing nobody has touched up on that much is how much TB must be one of the main forces for the greed as well 

13 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

best case scenario this will somehow result in swift negotiations to get him on board 

Going by Axl's track record, this twitter debacle just earned Izzy a top spot on Axl's infamous shit list.

Like most have said -- it's hard to imagine Izzy being involved with the band after this. He pretty much called their bluff publicly and told them to fuck off.

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

Going by Axl's track record, this twitter debacle just earned Izzy a top spot on Axl's infamous shit list.

Like most have said -- it's hard to imagine Izzy being involved with the band after this. He pretty much called their bluff publicly and told them to fuck off.

like he should have 

what else could he have done, sit there and pretend yeah i didn't want to do this at all and I'm weird and suck....

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

But the question is that is it made out of Gold that someone will loot it? 

Nope, she will get splinters, just like the rest of us mere mortals 

And Izzy :P

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Well I'm still sitting on the fence......it's safe here and quite comfortable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Its like 5 guys started a company and made a TV and that TV was very successful but over the years the company shut down. 

Then after 25 years the company starts to operate selling the same TV again, so the 4th and 5th business partner should get the equal amount of money of the sales of that 25 year old TV which the 5 of them made. 

Shit example, sorry. 

6 hours ago, maxpax said:
9 hours ago, melonhead87 said:

Do we really need to bring Axl's stats into this? Cause football doesnt start for another hour...

Axl has roughly played over 250 shows since 93 that range from 2-3 hours. Hes been touring pretty regularly since 2010. When again did Izzy do a full tour?

Was Axl trying to say that it was hard to work with Gilby behind the scenes? Axls statements are very cryptic and confusing...I will never understand this guy.

14 original songs since 1991,,, and most of it written by others... Yeah, Axl needs to rest with all that hard work...

Izzy 122 original songs since 1991 with a few more in the oven... Axl clearly producing more than Izzy, that's that new fangled common core edumacation u have there is in impressive...

16 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

That's great bumble foot has made how many?

Noone is disputing Izzy is awesome. The dispute is if he should be paid equal to those who have put in more work. 

A partnership that's registered is legally binding. Izzy isn't a part of it. It is what it is.

Izzy also may not have worked on this reunion like they did. 

Many circumstances we don't know. 

Please tell me when Izzy has performed besides with Axl GnR music?

The other 3 have keeping the music alive and reaching new fans.

A legal binding starting in the middle of the UYI tour...

They aren't touring on UYI, the core of the show is AFD...

Every song Izzy wrote, don't play for the tour, GnR should only play non Izzy songs... Lets see how grossing that shit show will be...

Edited by pacu44

9 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

14 original songs since 1991,,, and most of it written by others... Yeah, Axl needs to rest with all that hard work...

Izzy 122 original songs since 1991 with a few more in the oven... Axl clearly producing more than Izzy, that's that new fangled common core edumacation u have there is in impressive...

122 songs that sound like crap :D 

go ahead, insult CD :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That's the part that sticks

well a classy axl would've offered izzy a % back into the partnership - i think it's as simple as that - he would've probably taken 5-15% along with song writing initiatives that could steer the band into logevity rather than this short lived stadium rock vibe that s festering now, they won't be able tour like this again across the world without good new material, which will probably only come out of izzy being there therefore,  there will be fast diminishing returns if he's not in

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl acts like slash and duff love the material he has, but it probably sucks or else it would've been released 

The test will be when the tour is over, whether they stick around to work on new material or simply go back to their own projects.

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

All this talk of brands is incredibly cringe. Pardon my French but eh, ahem...wha da fuq?

Not caring about your brand actually is the brand. Whether done intentionally or not.

It's the creed that you stand for, where all decisions and actions fall from. Does that make people feel better?