New album this year rumour

13 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I think we need to just face it folks, we'll be flat out getting 1 new track let alone 1 new album.

Im all for optimism, but there just seems like no hope of anything new on the horizon. 

Theyre just gonna keep on touring and touring until the wheels fall off..

No way bruh. My sources tell me of four albums of material to be released in 2017. 

Gnr album, written by Axl/Slash/Izzy and Duff. Adler will play drums on two songs. 

Acdc album written by Angus and Axl. 

And a double album. CD2 featuring The General, Soulmonster, Atlas, Checkmate, etc. And a remix album featuring Cd1 songs remixed plus Silkworms, OMG, Blood on the Water. 

All released in 2017. 

(My source is my pet leprechaun name Lucky who lives in my belly button)

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Everything Axl touches gets delayed.

At least they haven't got any plans for a record, so it can't be delayed. But there's a constant intrinsic lag. We are waiting for the sake of waiting. The zen of waiting for Axl. 

Edited by wasted
Japanese Frustrations
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

At least they haven't got any plans for a record, so it can't be delayed. But there's a constant intrinsic lag. We are waiting for the sake of waiting. The zen of waiting for Axl. 

Yeah no release date given by Axl, so he can release it (if at all) on his own terms without backlash. (or not as much)

They will eventually take a long break from touring, and if Axl is into it I believe he will try his best to make it happen. I have no reason not to believe him when he says he wants to release more Guns music. But he wants to make a record with Angus as well. And they're making a ton of money now.

Maybe the motivation for Axl to do it is just releasing the rest of his vision with help from Slash. He is so excited by how Slash sounds live, I think he wants Slash's solos on his album.

2021, we'll see how it goes.

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Yeah no release date given by Axl, so he can release it (if at all) on his own terms without backlash. (or not as much)

They will eventually take a long break from touring, and if Axl is into it I believe he will try his best to make it happen. I have no reason not to believe him when he says he wants to release more Guns music. But he wants to make a record with Angus as well. And they're making a ton of money now.

Maybe the motivation for Axl to do it is just releasing the rest of his vision with help from Slash. He is so excited by how Slash sounds live, I think he wants Slash's solos on his album.

2021, we'll see how it goes.

I think Axl just wants to be successful. They aren't going to release a mediocre record. Seeing as there's no money in it, it has to be a classic record. Or it's just a glaring bad example. Shattering dreams. CD kind of was expected to suck but it turns out it has some great tracks. But with Slash on board it has to be at least UYI III. 

Edited by wasted
UYD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I think Axl just wants to be successful. They aren't going to release a mediocre record. Seeing as there's no money in it, it has to be a classic record. Or it's just a glaring bad example. Shattering dreams. CD kind of was expected to suck but it turns out it has some great tracks. But with Slash on board it has to be at least UYI III. 

That's what it all comes down to basically. I think so as well. They will probably have more support from the label, but having Slash and Duff back in the band... well with great talent come great expectations, and Axl was already hell bent on delivering a timeless record each and every time he releases one.

That's how I kinda see the price of this reunion. They can still do it, no one knows what the impact of putting together what Slash and Duff can do and the rest of the line up with what Axl has put together in the vault would spawn.

I think my point is that I believe the material is already AAA, but it's also (as I think you know) the musical statement, all parts must fit together. Brain said Axl noticed a tiny drum mistake. And people say he's not utterly meticulous like May said?

It's not just technically meticulous I suspect. No way it will be released if it's not Illusions level. On an unrelated note: it's funny how the first single was an Izzy styled tune that Josh wrote. (the riff)

If the other Josh tunes are completed, all AAA, maybe it's likely at least some of them will be on the album. It can potentially be a UYI thing.

Edited by Rovim

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

That's what it all comes down to basically. I think so as well. They will probably have more support from the label, but having Slash and Duff back in the band... well with great talent come great expectations, and Axl was already hell bent on delivering a timeless record each and every time he releases one.

That's how I kinda see the price of this reunion. They can still do it, no one knows what the impact of putting together what Slash and Duff can do and the rest of the line up with what Axl has put together in the vault.

I think my point is that I believe the material is already AAA, but it's also (as I think you know) the musical statement, all parts must fit together. Brain said Axl noticed a tiny drum mistake. And people say he's not utterly meticulous like May said?

It's not just technically meticulous I suspect. No way it will be released if it's not Illusions level. On an unrelated note: it's funny how the first single was an Izzy styled tune that Josh wrote. (the riff)

If the other Josh tunes are completed, all AAA, maybe it's likely at least some of them will be on the album. It can potentially be a UYI thing.

I guess Josh could have a song on all 4 albums. I doubt that is the situation though. 

I think Axl said Finck finished his work on CD 2 before he left, so there wasn't much more for him to do. 

But it seems like Axl will keep what he thinks works for a Reunion album. Maybe those 3 songs he offered Slash in 2001 are still on the table. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wasted said:

I guess Josh could have a song on all 4 albums. I doubt that is the situation though. 

I think Axl said Finck finished his work on CD 2 before he left, so there wasn't much more for him to do. 

But it seems like Axl will keep what he thinks works for a Reunion album. Maybe those 3 songs he offered Slash in 2001 are still on the table. 

If I'm trying to be optimistic-realistic, I'd guess the main thing is there is enough there to turn into a full Guns experience. Work with what they have in the vault and then get all required flavors into it, mainly Slash and Duff and then it's sleazed the fuck up. So... more like:

Josh and Paul ideas

Robin, Bucket, Fortus, and Dizzy ideas (he wrote the piano riff for Streets Of Dreams, which turned into a very UYI type tune.

Axl and his tunes, mostly epic ballady type. More Catchers. And he also wrote Oh My God which Duff liked eventually.

And then you have the old Slash tune, and Slash n' Duff.

If there are 3 albums worth of material, my guess is a lot of different type of songs are completed. You add rasp and Clink to reproduce it.

Slash and Duff liked Axl's tunes. Axl needs to like their future work on it, the copy/pasting thing could be an issue if it's Slash solos that are being copy/pasted, and what kind of a production it's gonna have?

Seems like it's doable but maybe not easy when you take into consideration it's a challenge to get Axl to release shit on his own as it is. It needs to pass many standards. They don't do things the same way. It was a problem for Illusions as well.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

If I'm trying to be optimistic-realistic, I'd guess the main thing is there is enough there to turn into a full Guns experience. Work with what they have in the vault and then get all required flavors into it, mainly Slash and Duff and then it's sleazed the fuck up. So... more like:

Josh and Paul ideas

Robin, Bucket, Fortus, and Dizzy ideas (he wrote the piano riff for Streets Of Dreams, which turned into a very UYI type tune.

Axl and his tunes, mostly epic ballady type. More Catchers. And he also wrote Oh My God which Duff liked eventually.

And then you have the old Slash tune, and Slash n' Duff.

If there are 3 albums worth of material, my guess is a lot of different type of songs are completed. You add rasp and Clink to reproduce it.

Slash and Duff liked Axl's tunes. Axl needs to like their future work on it, the copy/pasting thing could be an issue if it's Slash solos that being copy/pasted, and what kind of a production it's gonna have?

Seems like doable but maybe not easy when you take into consideration it's a challenge to get Axl to release shit on his own as it is. It needs to pass many standards. They don't do things the same way.

A triple-cd of everything would cause a stir. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

In light of all the negative reaction to Axl's latest performance in Argentina, does anybody really even want a new GN'R album?!

Yes of course, why would I care about the reacions of a few frustrated idiots on massage boards?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Asia said:

It is actually really stupid to think that Axl specifically thanked Slash for killer guitar melodies that he himself composed or get stubborn that it was Axl who came up with them while both of them have said otherwise. But whatever, mr songwriting expert, think what you will, I'll leave it at that too.

It is actually really stupid to be arrogant enough to act like you know exactly how a song is written while you were obviously not there. At least I'm smart enough to say that I don't know and to not assume things that I don't know. So who is being stubborn, buddy?

Also, you should read better. Because I never said Axl wrote all of Slash's guitar parts, I merely said that we can't know if Slash wrote all of them. There are a lot of guitar parts in that song; riffs, licks, solos, rhythm parts, so it's foolish to say that Axl might not have come up with some (or even one) of them seeing as he wrote the song. Repeating that both of them said that is even more foolish because that's not true. They never explained the songwriting process for this song in that much detail in any book, interview, or whatever. The fact that Axl thanked Slash in the liner notes doesn't prove that Slash wrote every riff, solo, lick, guitar part in that song. That's all I'm saying and I'm still amazed at how you, apparently, do have all this information, because some of you assume that it's ALL Slash's work... and that's something no one except the band themselves can possibly know, yet you think you do know. That's pretty funny.

Edited by EvanG

38 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

CONSPIRACY: Guns N' Roses is entirely an extension of Axl's psyche. He's also the dummer, guitars and bass. Also, we're not real either, he thought us all up. :lol: 

"Maybe Ringo actually wrote all the songs?" "Huh? Nooo I don't think so." "You weren't there, you can't know for sure." *rolls eyes as canned laughter begins*

Out of likes for today, but a big one for you .