New album this year rumour

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Axl is ready to go, Slash and Duff just need to do what they do. 

I think (my assumption) what Slash likes most to do is lay down the track and have Axl sing on it. Axl has said he wants to start with lyrics and melody. 

Are you saying it's gonna be problematic cause Slash prefers to write music first and Axl lyrics and melodies? that's what I think but not sure.

Cause if they just need to do what they do, how are they gonna do it exactly if that's how they prefer to work?

Maybe with already written tunes, after CD ll, Axl could have started ideas, lyrics and melodies and then added some piano at the hotel. Slash is used to first lay the track. Lyrics and melodies come after like he did with Myles. Seems like that's the most comfortable for him. Same was with Contraband. Libertad proved problematic and Slash and Duff were not satisfied with it artistically. They wanted a harder rocking album, maybe if all the music came first, it would have been, cause that dictates a lot.

Which is why I think Axl wants lyrics and melodies first. You don't drift as much from the message like that and it has other advantages as well. But a lot of musicians start songs in different ways, music first, lyrics first, it depends on the tune for some.

I guess an aware decision like that is how Axl does it. Like when he wanted new Guns to first come up with music that was good enough so Axl could "challenge" with his work added.

Edited by Rovim

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Are you saying it's gonna be problematic cause Slash prefers to write music first and Axl lyrics and melodies? that's what I think but not sure.

Cause if they just need to do what they do, how are they gonna do it exactly if that's how they prefer to work?

Maybe with already written tunes, after CD ll, Axl could have started ideas, lyrics and melodies and then added some piano at the hotel. Slash is used to first lay the track. Lyrics and melodies come after like he did with Myles. Seems like that's the most comfortable for him. Same was with Contraband.

Those were just two thoughts that clashed. 

Maybe do both. Help each other out.

What I missed was that Axl said like AFD. Not drowning in 700 hours of tapes. 

Edited by wasted
Ok
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is no future album. You're all wasting your time writing about it. Axl is a cabaret act now. He gave up the creative side years ago.

Fuck no. He finished shit with Pitman in the studio, he was gearing up I think. Reunion happened, now it's a different goal. It's not CD ll anymore.

It's CD ll with Slash and Duff and maybe some extra tracks written by them. That's my best guess. And you know what? you don't know anything. You don't know there is no future album. There is a chance.

Edited by Rovim

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is no new album. He just does hits tours now. He'll fob you off with, ''looking seriously into doing something in that regard'', but it is all bollocks. You two are wasting your time talking about Atlas Shrugged and songs you will never hear.

Time will tell. I think it's possible. Even if it doesn't come out, I enjoy the discussion. I don't care about wasting my time man lol. You must have figured that out by now.

(and talking about fuckin' cricket for 12 years is not a waste of time, by the way)

Edited by Rovim

I think they'll probably cobble together something eventually, remember, a lot of folks said Chinese would never come out and it did. This is a comparatively short amount of time that's elapsed compared to the wait for that album. I think I just find it irksome watching this band go out and do the same diluted show they've been pedalling for years now (the novelty of Slash and Duff being back in the fold got old real quick, now we're just stuck with the same tired set they've been doing for years).

Edited by Towelie

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think they'll probably cobble together something eventually, remember, a lot of folks said Chinese would never come out and it did. This is a comparatively short amount of time that's elapsed compared to the wait for that album. I think I just find it irksome watching this band go out and do the same diluted show they've been pedalling for years now (the novelty of Slash and Duff being back in the fold got old real quick, now we're just stuck with the same tired set they've been doing for years).

It's gonna be diluted compared to old Guns. But I don't think it is to be honest. Axl is on time, there are no riots, there is no izzy.

But this is a step up from DJ. It's also still just finding a groove together again. You know... that takes a while. I think they're on their way there.

As for eventually, I don't know. Anything is possible. I think every single one of the band members except Axl can deliver an album in no time.

But realistically, you can't expect it to go smoothly. It's like a crazy person driving the car. For most fans.

So it's impossible to predict him. I believe he wants to do it, so that means it's very possible that Axl will finish it with Slash and Duff.

A release is a different story. He doesn't have to do it. I cling to must release full vision and the chance to hear his tunes with Slash on it. How can one pass that up?

So far, they're doing what they need to do. At the end of the tour, it will be time to look seriously into it again and do the required work.

So many options, if he's really interested in releasing more Guns music, it's all at his disposal. The vault and the talent, the acceptance of the fanbase and probably a better deal from the label.

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is no new album. He just does hits tours now. He'll fob you off with, ''looking seriously into doing something in that regard'', but it is all bollocks. You two are wasting your time talking about Atlas Shrugged and songs you will never hear.

He has confirmed in the China Exchange interview there will be more music under the GNR name. I agree the wait between albums is way too long, but he is a perfectionist. I guarantee we'll hear something in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He has confirmed in the China Exchange interview there will be more music under the GNR name. I agree the wait between albums is way too long, but he is a perfectionist. I guarantee we'll hear something in the next few years.

100% CONFIRMED and GUARANTEED. "It's this year" - Axl Rose on Chinese Democracy release, 2006.

Edited by Rovim

The money from the tour might loosen them up a bit. 

It does seem like Axl was saying he wanted simplify the making of process. Give Slash the lyrics and melody and he finishes it off. Rather than having Slash and Duff slaving away in the studio trying write stuff that inspires Axl. Maybe jamming on basic songs will keep it fresher. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

100% CONFIRMED and GUARANTEED. "It's this year" - Axl Rose on Chinese Democracy release, 2006.

He didn't give the new music a time frame or release date. I hate the wait but I've accepted it's ready when it's ready for Axl.

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He didn't give the new music a time frame or release date. I hate the wait but I've accepted it's ready when it's ready for Axl.

I have accepted that as well. And also that it's possible it won't come out at all.

I'm not sure about an album in the next year....actually i think that's absolutely not going to happen,but i am quietly confident we will get something. You never know maybe a 2 or 3 song deal, hopefully an appetizer for something we can really sink our teeth into down the line.

Edited by Silverburst80

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

I'm not sure about an album in the next year....actually i think that's absolutely not going to happen,but i am quietly confident we will get something. You never know maybe a 2 or 3 song deal, hopefully an appetizer for something we can really sink our teeth into down the line.

Atlas Shrugged with a Slash solo? the tune that was supposed to have been included on Chinese, but there wasn't any space left in the cd.

Digital download on itunes.

But I don't think that's how Axl does things. More old school in that he prefers to release full albums when he actually releases something. He did the end of days soundtrack as a stand alone, but testing the waters with 1 tune is not something that he does very often. If he does that, an album is not too far behind.

He thought a release was close in 1999. It wasn't that he planned to just release Oh My God and wait years is how I think it was.

Edited by Rovim

36 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Atlas Shrugged with a Slash solo? the tune that was supposed to have been included on Chinese, but there wasn't any space in the cd.

Digital download on itunes.

But I don't think that's how Axl does things. More old school in that he prefers to release full albums when he actually releases something. He did the end of days soundtrack as a stand alone, but testing the waters with 1 tune is not something that he does very often. If he does that, an album is not too far behind.

He thought a release was close in 1999. It wasn't that he planned to just release Oh My God and wait years is how I think it was.

Well Symphony for the Devil was an attempt to get the wheels turning back in the day with obviously disastrous results, i know it was a cover but still it's not a completely alien concept to the band. Adding to that i guess Axl will have to change his ways slightly for any new music to come to fruition with the guys anyay, so we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Silverburst80

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

CONSPIRACY: Guns N' Roses is entirely an extension of Axl's psyche. He's also the dummer, guitars and bass. Also, we're not real either, he thought us all up. :lol: 

"Maybe Ringo actually wrote all the songs?" "Huh? Nooo I don't think so." "You weren't there, you can't know for sure." *rolls eyes as canned laughter begins*

You do realize we were discussing the song Estranged, don't you? This is why it's hard to discuss with people on a forum... they don't even read properly. Speaking of taking something out of context... jeez.

12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You do realize we were discussing the song Estranged, don't you? This is why it's hard to discuss with people on a forum... they don't even read properly. Speaking of taking something out of context... jeez.

Don't worry about it man. I gave you shit too about this kind of unconfirmed data. Agree to disagree, some people just believe we have enough to conclude it is in fact Slash who came up with the riff. (all on his own) I'm sure in a band situation other members help out a lot.

But mostly, I don't think Slash told Axl what to sing or changed too many melodies for Axl to sing. Same with Slash, they've presented it in such a way that really leave very little doubt imo, but yeah technically, we don't 100% know.

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Don't worry about it man. I gave you shit too about this kind of unconfirmed data. Agree to disagree, some people just believe we have enough to conclude it is in fact Slash who came up with the riff. (all on his own) I'm sure in a band situation other members help out a lot.

But mostly, I don't think Slash told Axl what to sing or changed too many melodies for Axl to sing. Same with Slash, they've presented it in such a way that really leave very little doubt imo, but yeah technically, we don't 100% know.

That's ok, dude, thanks for being reasonable, can't say that for some other posters here. I'm just kinda allergic to ignorance, and when you've got people like @Asia joining in on a discussion without actually understanding what I'm saying because they don't read very well and therefore take it out of context, then it's hard to resist reacting to that. 

Personally I too think Slash did write most of the Estranged guitar parts, I never stated otherwise. But I wasn't there, I know a little bit of band dynamics and songwriting, so I'm not going to rule out Axl didn't perhaps come up with an idea for a riff or lick or whatever. They're all musicians. And then you've got Asia acting like they know exactly how it all happened, and that kind of arrogance really grinds my gears, to quote Peter Griffin.

But anyway, I don't want to continue staying off-topic.

So, new album topic, continues...

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I doubt they will dilute the release of the album with releasing material before which will just soak up the hype. It's a one shot deal. 

I wonder if Axl has started the writing process again. 

DJ said (lol) Axl is always writing, which kinda makes sense? like I don't think he ever stopped, maybe with lawsuits and such or when he's fuckin' a model.

Edited by Rovim