New album this year rumour

Didn't Axl say something like he can't do a classic Guns album because of Slash? Well Slash is back so... here we go.

I can't read this shit anymore... "If we get an album then it's CDII" 

"Slash and Duff can add something on the songs in vault"

"Axl doesn't want to have an album full of Slash songs in it"

You guys keep talking out of your ass like you were Axl's personal manager.

If the guys just use the flighttime for jaming and writing, a whole record could have been written by now easily. 

As far as I'm concerned Axl is one of the biggest Slash fans. That could inspire him to write some vocals or use some of the vault.

• Like 2

I wonder what happened with the song that Fortus spoke about a couple of years ago ? He said that it came from an old Slash riff. With Slash in Guns again I'm hoping this song goes on to any new album and sounds the way Slash wanted it to sound. Hopefully it doesn't end up in the vault. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 November 2016 at 2:50 AM, Free Bird said:

Didn't Axl say something like he can't do a classic Guns album because of Slash? Well Slash is back so... here we go.

I can't read this shit anymore... "If we get an album then it's CDII" 

"Slash and Duff can add something on the songs in vault"

"Axl doesn't want to have an album full of Slash songs in it"

You guys keep talking out of your ass like you were Axl's personal manager.

If the guys just use the flighttime for jaming and writing, a whole record could have been written by now easily. 

As far as I'm concerned Axl is one of the biggest Slash fans. That could inspire him to write some vocals or use some of the vault.

That's not the point. Just saying that has never happened before. You know a GNR album full of Slash songs. Not that it couldn't happen. It just hasn't. 

They haven't done the pure Slash and Axl album yet. So maybe they should. 

Axl already said at China Exchange he wants to write from lyrics and melodies. So maybe that is just a jumping off point for Slash. 

• Like 1

On 8 November 2016 at 6:04 PM, Wagszilla said:

Soul Monster is not Prostitute.

Soul Monster is a mean electro-rock song that's more similar to Riad and Oh My God than the more traditional classic rock inspired stuff. The guitars sound like razorblades and pulse along with Axl's hateful fury.

When I first heard it, I thought that Axl's vocals recalled Perfect Crime. It contains a similar rant style cadence with considerable rasp in tow.

Does it suit a reunion type record. Could Slash add a solo to it or something? 

It's possible Axl leaves CD era stuff in the vault and uses some other ideas for a new album working with Slash on an old school GNR album. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

That's not the point. Just saying that has never happened before. You know a GNR album full of Slash songs. Not that it couldn't happen. It just hasn't. 

They haven't done the pure Slash and Axl album yet. So maybe they should. 

Axl already said at China Exchange he wants to write from lyrics and melodies. So maybe that is just a jumping off point for Slash. 

Where did I state the next Guns album will be full of Slash songs?

Rovim and you are pretending to know how the next record will sound like and who will be credited.

I'm just saying you don't know what will happen because everything can happen and it's definitely possible to write something completely new while being on tour.

By the way: I hope Mick Wall is right!

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, DieselDaisy said:

There is no new album. He just does hits tours now. He'll fob you off with, ''looking seriously into doing something in that regard'', but it is all bollocks. You two are wasting your time talking about Atlas Shrugged and songs you will never hear.

am i the only one who figures that now that metallica has released a song called "atlas, rise!" I can see Axl views this as a potential distraction to his own song about Atlas (what's an atlas anyway? sounds like a boring school book to me) and may decide to postpone its release to an album further in the future. CDIV starts now!

27 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Where did I state the next Guns album will be full of Slash songs?

Rovim and you are pretending to know how the next record will sound like and who will be credited.

I'm just saying you don't know what will happen because everything can happen and it's definitely possible to write something completely new while being on tour.

By the way: I hope Mick Wall is right!

I don't think we said that? It's guess work. 

I think it's most likely be 50/50. But I think some of Axl's material may come from the CD era, it might not be strictly CD II or whatever but given his track record. He has already shown Slash and Duff his material and they like it. So it's kind of old material.

If it's not old material, then it will be a New Slash song. There's no Izzy, so mainly Slash songs. Who else is going to write the songs? 

I don't know anything, but in the past GNR have always had songs that have had a long history before release. 

But who knows and who cares, if we get any Axl, Slash, Duff material we'll all be happy. 

Edited by wasted
Who
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't think we said that? It's guess work. 

I think it's most likely be 50/50. But I think some of Axl's material may come from the CD era, it might not be strictly CD II or whatever but given his track record. He has already shown Slash and Duff his material and they like it. So it's kind of old material.

If it's not old material, then it will be a New Slash song. There's no Izzy, so mainly Slash songs. Who else is going to write the songs? 

I don't know anything, but in the past GNR have always had songs that have had a long history before release. 

But who knows and who cares, if we get any Axl, Slash, Duff material we'll all be happy. 

How about it's a band effort? Nobody said Axl is not allowed to use old material. I don't care what he will use as long as they're releasing something.

7 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

How about it's a band effort? Nobody said Axl is not allowed to use old material. I don't care what he will use as long as they're releasing something.

Axl said at CE he wants to work from lyrics and melodies, so that could be like you say a band effort. 

57 minutes ago, action said:

am i the only one who figures that now that metallica has released a song called "atlas, rise!" I can see Axl views this as a potential distraction to his own song about Atlas (what's an atlas anyway? sounds like a boring school book to me) and may decide to postpone its release to an album further in the future. CDIV starts now!

What is an Atlas!  How could Axl not relate to Atlas? The old greek god (titian) who was burdened with holding up the sky for eternity after the war between the gods?

Or it could be about a book full of maps. Who knows?

:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Maybe this will finally silence all those that insist CDII is coming out first.  ?

If not specifically CD II songs, I could see some ideas, lyrics/melodies from that era coming through. Fortus has talked about working on a song which originates from Slash that came from before CD started. 

I feel like the reunion would effect Axl deeply and he might be inspired to write new lyrics/melodies also. Slash can record fast so I'm hopeful for 2017-19. 

• Like 1