New album this year rumour

5 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

He made valid points about the state of the music industry. There isn't much incentive for the legacy bands with strong catalogues to bother releasing new albums. 

Yet they still do. Def Leppard released one last year and RHCP, Metallica, Bon Jovi and even the frickin Rolling Stones all put out new records this year. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yet they still do. Def Leppard released one last year and RHCP, Metallica, Bon Jovi and even the frickin Rolling Stones all put out new records this year. 

None of them are in GNR's situation. It's a miracle Axl is willing to go on stage with Slash. 

15 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

None of them are in GNR's situation. It's a miracle Axl is willing to go on stage with Slash. 

That's true, I'll admit. Maybe they're just a bit afraid of doing a new record together since that's what drove them apart in the first place. I feel like eventually SOMETHING has to come out, though.

But either way, no matter what happens in regards to new music, I'm very, very happy that Axl and Slash are touring together again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think RHCP and Bon Jovi are in a worse situation actually. They lost John Frusciante and Richie Sambora respectively. Axl now has the almighty Slash back.

Not that Loudwire polls are a big deal but the fact that Slash, Axl and Duff are leading their respective polls goes to show people actually care about the 3 of them and are interested in hearing something new from them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think RHCP and Bon Jovi are in a worse situation actually. They lost John Frusciante and Richie Sambora respectively. Axl now has the almighty Slash back.

Not that Loudwire polls are a big deal but the fact that Slash, Axl and Duff are leading their respective polls goes to show people actually care about the 3 of them and are interested in hearing something new from them.

RHCP are fine without John Frusciante to be honest.

2 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

RHCP are fine without John Frusciante to be honest.

Well, it's just a matter of personal taste I guess. I don't really like Josh, I miss John's playing, vocals and especially his songwriting skills.

But they still have a living legend like Flea and I love Anthony and Chad as well.

7 hours ago, gavgnr said:

eddie's comments seem persuasive, but if they were true then no-one would release any albums. Yet other artists release albums, just check the release schedules for any record label.

also, jmo but what happened to artists releasing music because, well ya know, it's important to them to release music as an art form and a natural progression of themselves as an artist?

otherwise everything is just about the $$$

Or the rush they get being on stage playing in front of thousands of people.

Personally, I'd be completely freaked out, but some people love that kind of thing.

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I had a new thought the other night: maybe if a new record ever drops, it'll have the "feel" of what Use Your Illusion woulda been if it was just one album. As in; it'll be an album with a bunch of You Could Be Mine and Estranged sounding songs.

Hey, Demi-God. Jeg bare fikk en tanke, er ikke mulig det annonseres nytt album? Hypen rundt annonseringen er jo monumental i forhold til andre band. Og en ny Nord-Amerika turné er ikke SÅ stort siden de nettopp har vært der. Bandet har jo holdt på med konserter siden april og har annonserte datoer frem til 3.Mars....plutselig ser det ut til at noe stort skal skje. Begynte å lure på om et album kan være noe jeg da....

Og noen bombe at Europa står for tur er det jo heller ikke.

Edited by NorwayIllusion

34 minutes ago, NorwayIllusion said:

Hey, Demi-God. Jeg bare fikk en tanke, er ikke mulig det annonseres nytt album? Hypen rundt annonseringen er jo monumental i forhold til andre band. Og en ny Nord-Amerika turné er ikke SÅ stort siden de nettopp har vært der. Bandet har jo holdt på med konserter siden april og har annonserte datoer frem til 3.Mars....plutselig ser det ut til at noe stort skal skje. Begynte å lure på om et album kan være noe jeg da....

Og noen bombe at Europa står for tur er det jo heller ikke.

Had to through your question into Google Translate to see what you were asking. No, I don't think the upcoming US dates have anything to do with a new album (if that's what you're asking).

Okay so looking at the dates next year, they got off now until Jan 21 and then the next time they have time off is from March 3rd to May 27th. Enough time to finish an album? Perhaps. But I just dont see it considering how Axl wants to take his time with records. We'll see I guess, but I'm expecting 2018 at the earliest, which is probably why Slash talked with SMKC to make an album in 2017 after the tour.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 12/3/2016 at 8:52 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Man all eddie gives a fuck about is money. Guess it's not too much of a surprise tho since he's a hardcore kiss fan.

also, did he really need to brag about being friends with all the members? How the fuck does that tie into the question that was asked?

Not jealous are you? :P

To answer your questions, Because he was probably trying to say "hey I talk to these guys so, this is what I know" and I think it's a fair thing to say... Eddie was the first person to call the reunion so his opinion is valid. Next to our very own Eddie money, he's one of the few we can count on for a scoop on anything newsworthy from gnr. 

Edited by Billsfan

On 12/3/2016 at 4:13 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Fair point but it's not like those bands needed new material to help concert sales or promote anything, etc. I'm just saying, the stones aren't proving anything by releasing new music and a majority outside of their die hards probably knew or could care less. I think it was more of a gesture of respect for the fans, plus they're artists and that's what artists do. Create art.

Shame gnr don't agree with that...

18 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

2 months between now and January 2017 shows.

2 months between March 2017 and May 2017 shows.

giphy.gif

I saw that too. Hopefully they'll do the right thing instead of sitting around on their asses. November 2017: New album, Troubadour DVD, Detroit Rock City DVD.

Seriously? Do people really think GNR are going to release a new album? They are now a very good touring band featuring three original members. They will milk that for as much as they can. Duff and Slash have far too many side projects to worry about a vent for any new material they may have to offer. They can simply release it themselves with their own bands. GNR aren't going into the studio anytime soon. However, they might rehearse previously unheard Chinese Democracy songs for live inclusion. That is a possibility, granted.

On 06/12/2016 at 8:54 AM, Wagszilla said:

The only thing I'm even halfway expecting is AFD re-master. 

I'm not hopeful for that, let alone new music. 

They better not touch AFD on that way; it was mastered in the days when mastering wasn't about squeezing the life out of any dynamics present with limiting/compression to compete with today's "sausage wavs" that you hear on the radio. At best, the differences would be minimal, it only seems to be a worthwhile effort if the original source material receives some kind of digital clean up as part of a restorative process (normally records from the 60s/70s). AFD sounds great as it is. 

Alt mixes would be cool if they exist though. 

10 hours ago, Ric Nightingale said:

Seriously? Do people really think GNR are going to release a new album? They are now a very good touring band featuring three original members. They will milk that for as much as they can. Duff and Slash have far too many side projects to worry about a vent for any new material they may have to offer. They can simply release it themselves with their own bands. GNR aren't going into the studio anytime soon. However, they might rehearse previously unheard Chinese Democracy songs for live inclusion. That is a possibility, granted.

People really think that at least there's still a chance for it to happen in the future. At least some people. Me. Another Guns release is also a possibility cause we can't tell the future.

You don't know what they will do. And no, they cannot do it on their own, not if they wanna play on another Guns album again after 25 years. There is also way less interest from the fans for their solo projects. That's just the way it is. If they release another Guns album, it might not sell well, but they will:

1. get to put their mark on it. (legacy/integrity/art)

2. will have an excuse to make even more money by touring new material.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1