New album this year rumour

17 hours ago, tippin said:

He left in '08 or early '09..Can't remember which, but it was right around the time CD came out, and went to Sony. He's very well connected. Had lunch with him last week in LA, and that's when he told me. Good dude, and has no reason to lie. He said the whole thing is a cash grab for retirement. I wish I didn't have reason to believe him..

Well that confirms it then. You're friend is full of shit. The band is not retiring anytime soon, mark my words. Axl seems way too motivated for that.

• Like 1

Sadly it is what it is. Fans have chosen a nostalgia reunion tour full of oldies like Jungle, Sweet Child and November Rain. This is what they crave for all these years. 

The General won't be released when Axl is in his early sixties, if he's still able to sing. He's too late in the game. Fans weren't interested on what Axl had to say in the first place since Chinese Democracy. I think it's a shame. But I'm not a real fan, I'm a Chinese Democracy fan.

Axl didn't feel confident at all when talking about new songs (China Exchange/Globo TV), no progression whatsoever, Richard's telling us the same bullshit he's been saying the past eight years. Doubt Slash does even like the stuff in the vault. The end, as written on Axl's shirt. More Greatest Hits, Appetite For Destruction/Illusion reissues, live shows, probably one or two deep cuts if we're lucky, more covers in the next five years. This is where money is at, fans are happy and I'm fine with it. It's an happy ending. Wish Axl would have released Stay Of Execution last year with the last line-up, but we had Axl/DC thanks to the reunion. Guns N' Roses will always be a touring band with a great variety of songs. I can only hope now for a new AC/DC album with Axl, movie soundtracks and a book in the next ten years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

This is just not true.

A lot of people liked Better, TWAT, and IRS but just quit caring. 2006 was the year to pull the trigger, he became a joke again, and never recovered.

True.  I do think people gave Axl a chance during the '09-'10 tour, new guitarist, great voice, setlists... But everything fell apart after the debacle of Rock In Rio. The band had a ten months break just before, and nothing really came out of it.

19 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

A piece at a time.

Troubadour and Coachella. Okay, we're not killing each other, we'll do a whole North American tour. Okay, that felt good, let's do a South America tour. And so on....

But if they collectively decide we want to hang it up, don't worry you're going to get the Guns N' Roses Farewell Tour being promoted that way. 

Every drop of $$$ will be milked from this cow, don't worry.

Yeah... makes sense I guess. 

Just one fucking song this year. Would that be too much to ask? 

Hopefully Blue n Lonesome will make Axl realize that people are more than cool with an album of just a fuckin band getting back to their roots.

Fuck man. There's nothing more in my personal entertainment world that I would enjoy more than a fucking GnR song. One song. Fuck your Star Wars. Whatever else. Come on Axl. The fans have spoken with our wallets. The shows are awesome. But throw us that have listened to AFD & UYI & CD a collective zillion times a goddamn bone.

• Like 2

Please remember me and my prophetic dreaming abilities if Axl does truly retire. To play with sea turtles. And the others continue touring and releasing music using the GNR name. With Duff and Melissa as the new lead vocalists.

hmm... somehow I don't think I am psychic.

• Like 1

A greatest hits would be pretty lame unless there is at least three new songs on it. 

Think about their latest discography.

Spaghetti Incident

Live Era

Greatest Hits

CD

Follow that with another GH?

So covers, live, hits....original.....and another hits? Typically bands put out 4-5 albums of original material in between GH and/or live albums. 

Gnr would have 1 original and 4 non-original music albums. 

It's insane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

A greatest hits would be pretty lame unless there is at least three new songs on it. 

Think about their latest discography.

Spaghetti Incident

Live Era

Greatest Hits

CD

Follow that with another GH?

So covers, live, hits....original.....and another hits? Typically bands put out 4-5 albums of original material in between GH and/or live albums. 

Gnr would have 1 original and 4 non-original music albums. 

It's insane. 

They didn't want the first Greatest Hits to be released. They tried to stop it. Then, when it got released anyway, it sold a shitload. It wouldn't make any sense to release another one before the reunited Gn'R (3 of them at least) put out another album of original material. That one could have covers on it, like Illusions, but given the fact Axl has released 15 tunes in 25 years, that would not be ideal.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

They didn't want the first Greatest Hits to be released. They tried to stop it. Then, when it got released anyway, it sold a shitload. It wouldn't make any sense to release another one before the reunited Gn'R (3 of them at least) put out another album of original material. That one could have covers on it, like Illusions, but given the fact Axl has released 15 tunes in 25 years, that would not be ideal.

They tried to stop the release of Greatest Hits for reasons out lined in article link below.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-file-lawsuit-against-geffen-to-halt-release-of-greatest-hits/

If they had input on song selection, etc. Things might be different this time and could also include songs from Chinese Democracy. I don't think it would be the same as the record company releasing an unauthorized version they tried to stop. 

10 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

They tried to stop the release of Greatest Hits for reasons out lined in article link below.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-file-lawsuit-against-geffen-to-halt-release-of-greatest-hits/

If they had input on song selection, etc. Things might be different this time and could also include songs from Chinese Democracy. I don't think it would be the same as the record company releasing an unauthorized version they tried to stop. 

Not the same, but... why do it if your catalog of original material is that small? only for money. If they actually want to do something that has value, it's better to put out at least an EP of original material, or even 1 tune, but I personally believe Axl will not do that. It's a whole album or nothing.

Just now, Rovim said:

Not the same, but... why do it if your catalog of original material is that small? only for money. If they actually want to do something that has value, it's better to put out at least an EP of original material, or even 1 tune, but I personally believe Axl will not do that. It's a whole album or nothing.

That's true, I hope something comes out that has new material on it. Guess we'll have to wait and see. At this point it's too late for any release this year. 

23 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

That's true, I hope something comes out that has new material on it. Guess we'll have to wait and see. At this point it's too late for any release this year. 

Axl said soon is not the word in the China exchange interview. It's just a guess, but when Axl says not soon, I think it means at least a few years.

Hopefully he was being a little sarcastic because that's what he said years ago about CD. But with the tour coming up again, I'm sure it won't be that soon. But I think he does have something in mind that he is working on. I've been a fan for thirty years, so I'm not going anywhere, I'll just keep using my patience...;)

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Serious question - why would anybody think that was a good idea? And what fan is clamoring for a GH with CD songs? Why not just listen to CD if you want to hear CD songs?

Almost all of us already own every GnR album. So Axl/Slash/Duff get to pick the songs this time? That just means this GH has 4-5 different songs than the last one. 4-5 songs that all of us already own. 

It's just inconceivable that a band with as limited catalog as GnR would put out another GH as their next release. It makes absolutely no sense at all and would be a complete acknowledgement by the band that this regrouping is really just about filling retirement accounts. 

The rock music world is loving the GnR regrouping. It's the perfect time for a new album. Just from the current hype the album would easily go platinum and have a couple billboard rock hits. 

In a perfect world Axl would have released an EP for Christmas featuring the best remaining 8 CD songs. Then released a full length GnR album written by the current band in June 2017. 

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Serious question - why would anybody think that was a good idea? And what fan is clamoring for a GH with CD songs? Why not just listen to CD if you want to hear CD songs?

Almost all of us already own every GnR album. So Axl/Slash/Duff get to pick the songs this time? That just means this GH has 4-5 different songs than the last one. 4-5 songs that all of us already own. 

It's just inconceivable that a band with as limited catalog as GnR would put out another GH as their next release. It makes absolutely no sense at all and would be a complete acknowledgement by the band that this regrouping is really just about filling retirement accounts. 

The rock music world is loving the GnR regrouping. It's the perfect time for a new album. Just from the current hype the album would easily go platinum and have a couple billboard rock hits. 

In a perfect world Axl would have released an EP for Christmas featuring the best remaining 8 CD songs. Then released a full length GnR album written by the current band in June 2017. 

I was just commenting on why they were against the release of the last greatest hits. Yes, I would love to see new music come out. But if it can't be soon, I'll be happy with anything coming out. Plus my ex took my damn cd's when he left just to get back at me, lol... so I'll be repurchasing them anyway because I miss having them. :P

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Remember: it was a greatest hits. Not a best of. You don't get to pick which tunes you like the best. You just include all the hits.

Thanks. I had to make this post several times in the last weeks already, there most likely WONT be a GH2, but a BEST OF. There is a difference between the 2 which most people don't realize. The only "hit" missing from the GH is Estranged, and that is no reason to release another GH. GNR dont have a Best Of, so that's gonna happen either while GNR is still active or later to milk the name. Either way there will be a Best Of.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with a band releasing GH and Best Of albums. 

The issue is when a band bookcases them around one album. It makes no sense. Or a band with such a small discography as GnR, whose released four albums in the last 22 years - with three of them being non-original material - a band like that shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of a GH album until they release at least two more studio albums. 

• Like 1

a new album, i think it's fair to say, wont be with Izzy or Steven. yes, yes, always the 1% chance they will surprise us, but that's the stuff of legend. it's fairy tale land. i rather suspect the discovery of Avalon before the appetite 5 write a proper 12 song album again.

that said, it's not even that certain even Slash and Duff would feature on every song.

so, um....what's the point anyway?

a CD style album with guest spots by Duff and Slash would not be a product i'd throw my cash at.

29 minutes ago, action said:

a new album, i think it's fair to say, wont be with Izzy or Steven. yes, yes, always the 1% chance they will surprise us, but that's the stuff of legend. it's fairy tale land. i rather suspect the discovery of Avalon before the appetite 5 write a proper 12 song album again.

that said, it's not even that certain even Slash and Duff would feature on every song.

so, um....what's the point anyway?

a CD style album with guest spots by Duff and Slash would not be a product i'd throw my cash at.

My guess is it won't be just guest spots. It's kinda like Bucket came to the party fairly late, but still brought to the table 3 songs he wrote and his lead playing is all over Chinese.

Axl is not a stupid man. Do you really believe he won't use Slash? (and Duff)

I think Axl used the best ideas, what fits. I look at it like a huge musical puzzle that Axl puts together slowly. Slash can be a part of it if he wants to, just like Axl said.

And Axl doesn't release disposable shit, whatever your opinion on Chinese is. So it's gonna be worth it for me if it ever gets released, and I believe Slash and Duff will play a significant role in it. Axl played them some of it at least, he cares what they think about it or that's how it seems like to me at least. It would be a huge mistake on his part not to incorporate them, and he always includes the latest line up in studio material. From Gilby to Bucket, Bumble, and Frank.

Like I even think Mellisa is gonna do some stuff, it's possible.

Edited by Rovim