New album this year rumour

13 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

ok...so I had lentghy off the record chat with a person close to the band who recently spend lots of time on and off stage - there won't EVER be another album!

Not my words, just sharing what I had been told.

Axl can't sing long term and he is aware of that. On and off stage it is managers sending messages, just like good old times.

Everyone is aware how bad Frank, Fortus and Melissa are but they are not in to be good, aim is to be as loud as possible to mask Axl's voice.

Nobody in the band has interaction with anyone within the band at this point.

Take it for what its worth, it is the way it stood last week...

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

someone ban this joker

• Like 1

axl said himself this year that they are working on a new album and about 2 months ago ac/dc said they plan on a new album and tour with axl so expect something in the next 6 months.

I'm sure axl's love child Fernando could tell us more

7 minutes ago, donny said:

axl said himself this year that they are working on a new album and about 2 months ago ac/dc said they plan on a new album and tour with axl so expect something in the next 6 months.

I'm sure axl's love child Fernando could tell us more

None of that was actually said, FYI.  Go back and review what was actually said, not what you apparently heard :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

None of that was actually said, FYI.  Go back and review what was actually said, not what you apparently heard :)

Even if it was true afterall, what does it matter if Axl said they're working on a new record? He has always been saying that since like 1994. It's nothing noteworthy at all, he's always "working" on new material, when it gets released is a different thing altogether and the answer that would be the real news. The fact he hasnt even given a rough estimate like "maybe next year" or something like that makes me believe the band hasnt even seriously talked about a new record with the reunion line up or even written any songs. It's just shit in Axls vault written by DJ Ashba gathering dust

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

I think this post is total bullshit. That said, it is the third completely different person who claims someone close to the band said stuff about Axl being aware that his voice is fading and touring will eventually become impossible.

One of them iirc was that Brazilian Axl fan club, it made it here I think, before reunion was confirmed. It said that Axl knew he was losing his voice and would get together with Duff and Slash and go as far as he could.

None of them credible sources, I know.

22 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

and yes...Everyone around the band is having a good time with how bad Frank is and how unfitting Fortus is...Aparently it occured to Axl too, but why hire Matt and Izzy and play precise and tuned down when that is not the aim + costs more.

So what's the aim according to that person close to the band?

10 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

So what's the aim according to that person close to the band?

as I said, make concerts as loud as possible in order to mask Ax's voice, read the entire post.

play as long as they can and make as much money touring as it lasts.

something Axl did for the past 15 years. that is why setlist's are standard and no deep cuts that would further restrain Ax's voice.

Duff apparently told this person 'I am here cause the contract says so and the terms were good'.

there you go.

Everyone in the camp is aware that Axl's voice is declaining as the tour progesses.

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I have sources close to the band can confirm that Taco Bell is delicious. 

#CheesyGorditaCrunchStartsNow

Make it three :)

18 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

as I said, make concerts as loud as possible in order to mask Ax's voice, read the entire post.

something Axl did for the past 15 years. that is why setlist's are standard and no deep cuts that would further restrain Ax's voice.

Duff apparently told this person 'I am here cause the contract says so and the terms were good'.

there you go.

Everyone in the camp is aware that Axl's voice is declaining as the tour progesses.

So, wait...what?  You're actually serious?  LOL

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

there you go.

You must have great sources!!!!

32 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

there you go.

*grabs popcorn*

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

there you go.

In addition to what others said pointing out that this is all bullshit, the part in bold doesn't make sense as the reason for Fortus and Frank being in the band instead of Izzy and Sorum. You mean Axl gives directions to Fortus and Frank to play loud while he wouldn't be able to do that with Izzy and Sorum? And what about the songs Adler played on? He doesn't "mask his voice" there? It could make some sense only for Melissa, but then Axl had a second keyboardist during the whole NuGuns era and in periods when his voice was much more powerful. He also had three guitarists and now there are two. How is that "masking his voice"?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

A source close to the band told me in person last night that GNR is releasing a full album that will come in a collectors edition called THE VAULT. That collectors edition will feature:

* The new album

* Appetite outtakes

* Lies outtakes and alternative recordings

* Use Your Illusion III

* Use Your Illusion tour documentary

* Four Use Your Illusion concerts

* TSI outtakes including Hanoi Rocks cover album

* 1994 This I love unreleased single with Illusion lineup

* Chinese Democracy: The Legacy (featuring all the demos, alternative covers and the 1999 mix of the album)

* Not in this lifetime: Troubador

Please note that I'm brazilian so my source is legit. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

there you go.

Wtf. 

This reminds me of the fake Barbi who claimed to be the muse and writer of most of the songs on that blog years ago.

Rock concerts are supposed to be loud and Axl has proven his vocals are still quite powerful the setlist has many "deep cuts" 

Please do tell us this so called special source.

Oh and you said no album yet Axl made it vocal more then once that he wanted to record with ACDC which is pretty demanding vocally as well as made it clear he wants to release more music with GnR.