05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

The truth of the matter is, I was referring to Dublin. Because of the fact, that Axl seems to keep the tradition of playing There Was A Time in Dublin. So if I say, they might play it tonight, then I am following GNR tours more carefully than you do.

It's not a tradition if it was only played one time. There are also other reasons to assume they would play it...such as the fact that they've already played it on this tour. So you really should just calm down, instead of trying to prove yourself. 

• Like 1

Just now, GnR Chris said:

Axl purposely sings in the clean voice. He's said so himself. And you hear a lot of it on "Chinese Democracy" too.

Clearly he still has rasp. "Live and Let Die" or any AC/DC song on the last tour.

I'm outta likes. I keep making this point, anytime I hear/see someone complain. He even said it during the China Exchange interview. 

• Like 3

Following with Deniz's post:

- It's so easy
- Brownstone
- Chinese
- Jungle
- Double Talkin'
- Better
- Estranged
- Live and Let die
- Rocket Queen
- You Could Be Mine
- Duff's song?? (no stream)
- This i love
- Civil War
- Black Hole Sun 

- Coma
- Godfather / SCOM

- Out Ta Get Me

- Wish You Were Here / Layla / Nov. Rain

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Axl purposely sings in the clean voice. He's said so himself. And you hear a lot of it on "Chinese Democracy" too.

Clearly he still has rasp. "Live and Let Die" or any AC/DC song on the last tour.

A lot of these songs are tough, with varied styles.  He's mid 50's and lived a good life, a lot of live vocalists adopt a style that is a little easier and more sustainable for their live performances.  Many bands have the rest of the band turned up higher than the vocals might be as the vocals are nearly always the weakest component of a live display.  People just have ludicrous expectations, he does mostly more than fine.  I was blown away at Axl/DC although they played VERY loud and it wasn't always the clearest vocals but when you could hear them clearly they were brilliant and even fans who really didn't like Axl were often positive about them.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, diablo9333 said:

It's not a tradition if it was only played one time. There are also other reasons to assume they would play it...such as the fact that they've already played it on this tour. So you really should just calm down, instead of trying to prove yourself. 

Not really. You're having a hard time I believe.

If Axl is performing There Was A Time tonight, that's because he performed it in Dublin, during the last Guns N' Roses european tour in 2012. Simple. 

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

A lot of these songs are tough, with varied styles.  He's mid 50's and lived a good life, a lot of live vocalists adopt a style that is a little easier and more sustainable for their live performances.  Many bands have the rest of the band turned up higher than the vocals might be as the vocals are nearly always the weakest component of a live display.  People just have ludicrous expectations, he does mostly more than fine.  I was blown away at Axl/DC although they played VERY loud and it wasn't always the clearest vocals but when you could hear them clearly they were brilliant and even fans who really didn't like Axl were often positive about them.  

We have this discussion at the start of every leg, there's an obvious pattern. His rasp seems to be something that comes with time, the first few shows are predominantly sung clean and then after about 4 or 5 shows it's back.

However. He definitely does choose when to use it on certain songs as well. But in the case of tonight. It's just plain old lack of preparation.

His rasp will be back in about 10 days or so. Guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Not really. You're having a hard time I believe.

If Axl is performing There Was A Time tonight, that's because he performed it in Dublin, at the last Guns N' Roses european tour in 2012. Simple. 

Just like how Guns N' Roses played "Dead Horse" in Buenos Aires, Argentina last year, because they played it in 1993? I think you're stretching a bit. 

• Like 2