US Ticket Sales

Has anyone taken a look at the number of tickets still available for almost all of the shows?

It seems like the novelty may have worn off in the U.S.  

Practically the entire stadium is available for St. Louis.  Same with almost every other show.  

The Gorge is only 27,500 and they haven't even sold that out.

I'm looking forward to this second round of dates but man it could look bad come show time.

When is the public sale? We shoould have a fair idea based on how fast the ticket flies. But the concert is far off, so they have time to sell.

But if it indeed sell weakly, I hope that will encourage them to make new material! Imagine if they say there will be new music on the next tour... it will sell out faster than I can cum(which is pretty fast).

9 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

When is the public sale? We shoould have a fair idea based on how fast the ticket flies. But the concert is far off, so they have time to sell.

But if it indeed sell weakly, I hope that will encourage them to make new material! Imagine if they say there will be new music on the next tour... it will sell out faster than I can cum(which is pretty fast).

Public sale is on for every city in the NA tour I believe....even San Antonio...the very last city of the tour. I am going to wait to buy because there are a ton of tickets on the floor behind the pit, mainly on Duff's side. I think those will drop in price...fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

I don't think they were this slow. Check maps, they literally sold like 10% of tickets for some of them 

They didn't go on sale 7 months in advance. April 1, 2016 was the tour announcement and first gig was June 23rd. The Christmas point is a valid one too. Let's see how it goes in the new year. 

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

They didn't go on sale 7 months in advance. April 1, 2016 was the tour announcement and first gig was June 23rd. The Christmas point is a valid one too. Let's see how it goes in the new year. 

I think they announced this too late (or to early) they should have announce it 2 weeks before or sometime in January but yeah, maybe it'll get better 

Edited by Nicklord

It is true that it is Xmas season and the tickets sales were not amazing the last leg and the shows sold pretty well, but this looks pretty bad.  I looked around at almost all the shows last time and lots of tickets were sold the first day, lots.  

10% sold might even be generous for some of these shows.

The shows will still be awesome but not sure what they will do if sales don't pick up a bit.  Granted it's only the 2nd day they have been onsale.

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They put these tickets on sale way too early, between April and July it was a matter of 3 months, this is up to 7 as others have stated. 

Geez. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Now you got time to plan (and save) and it's still not right. Why worry about someone elses ticket sales? Come show time, there will be asses in seats. And if not, they will learn that the public will not pay every price they ask (even though I doubt that, see my first point with the asses in seats) and some bargains might be made.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They put these tickets on sale way too early, between April and July it was a matter of 3 months, this is up to 7 as others have stated. 

That has nothing to do with it....zero.  A few years ago, Foo Fighters put tix on sale the day after thanksgiving for shows the following August and the big kicker was you could only buy them in person at the actual venue with a 2 ticket limit per person and sold out the same day.

Edited by tsinindy

Ticket prices are just on the high side...if you want to take yourself and a friend to the show it's going to cost $200-$600 for a 2 and half hour show. Unless you are buying tickets as a Christmas gift then I'm pretty sure most will hold off until closer to their show.

10 years ago this reunion would create instant sell outs in nearly every market IMO. I think Axl still had a buzz about him and Slash was just coming off the success of VR...it's not something you can keep cool forever, they all look good now, but 10 years ago I think the image was much more alive than it is today.

nonetheless it's great that it happened to for them to sound this good is just unbelievable. It's definitely a don't miss show even if you're just a casual fan 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Ticket prices are just on the high side...if you want to take yourself and a friend to the show it's going to cost $200-$600 for a 2 and half hour show. Unless you are buying tickets as a Christmas gift then I'm pretty sure most will hold off until closer to their show.

10 years ago this reunion would create instant sell outs in nearly every market IMO. I think Axl still had a buzz about him and Slash was just coming off the success of VR...it's not something you can keep cool forever, they all look good now, but 10 years ago I think the image was much more alive than it is today.

nonetheless it's great that it happened to for them to sound this good is just unbelievable. It's definitely a don't miss show even if you're just a casual fan 

It is too dear, especially with the reunion buzz not being as strong second time round

If they got back together 10 years ago it would have been mega, but both Axl and Slash have toured a lot, it's not like it is a novel thing to catch one of them now.  Axl's perceived image with the public doesn't help them, when I was trying to round numbers up for some European shows a lot of people said they couldn't be bothered because it wouldn't start till midnight or that Axl was too much of a d head.  That won't be the case, we all know he's on time now, but his reputation precedes him

Opening sales are important though, certainly to sell tickets at the cover price.  This is where discounting last time bites them in the backside, if I was looking to do these shows I'd be almost 100% sure they'd be discounted

I wonder if the choice of cities also plays into it. Compare the last leg of the US tour to the upcoming one:

2016: Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City, Chicago, Nashville, Philly, Foxboro/Boston, E. Rutherford/NYC, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Seattle, LA, San Diego, Landover / Washington DC, Chicago, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Arlington/Dallas, San Fran, Phoenix.

2017: St Louis, Minneapolis, Denver, Miami, Winston-Salem, Hershey PA, Buffalo, El Paso, and San Antonio

Nothing against the 2017 cities, but I can't see places like Hershey, Buffalo, and Winston-Salem doing as well as huge cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc.

18 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

I wonder if the choice of cities also plays into it. Compare the last leg of the US tour to the upcoming one:

2016: Vegas, Detroit, Kansas City, Chicago, Nashville, Philly, Foxboro/Boston, E. Rutherford/NYC, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Seattle, LA, San Diego, Landover / Washington DC, Chicago, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Arlington/Dallas, San Fran, Phoenix.

2017: St Louis, Minneapolis, Denver, Miami, Winston-Salem, Hershey PA, Buffalo, El Paso, and San Antonio

Nothing against the 2017 cities, but I can't see places like Hershey, Buffalo, and Winston-Salem doing as well as huge cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, etc.

Of course not....the cities you cited from leg 1 also all got two shows and are the three biggest cities in the US, so naturally nothing will do as well as them.

Hershey is actually doing ok from what I gather, but its capacity is only 30k....compared to the others which are almost double that.

in the end these smaller markets in 2017 will probably fare similarly to the smaller marketers in 2016 like Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati with discounted prices and the upper most level or two being closed and a sellout will be "claimed".

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Of course not....the cities you cited from leg 1 also all got two shows and are the three biggest cities in the US, so naturally nothing will do as well as them.

Hershey is actually doing ok from what I gather, but its capacity is only 30k....compared to the others which are almost double that.

in the end these smaller markets in 2017 will probably fare similarly to the smaller marketers in 2016 like Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati with discounted prices and the upper most level or two being closed and a sellout will be "claimed".

Hershey appears to have about half the tickets available. Oddly there are two upper deck sections that appear to be completely sold out, not sure if those were allocated to a specific presale.

The first 20 rows behind the GA pit for hershey appear to be for VIP packages only - starting at a whopping $565 a ticket. I wonder how long that will last.

Interesting about the small markets from 2016 - didnt realize they closed the upper levels.

7 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I know is too early to tell but I will be very surprised if that one is not a sold out.

There is no chance that will sell out, it's probably sold worse than all of them looking at the chart.

It's probably a case of only on here and amongst the most die hard of fans that it being St Louis means anything

Minneapolis looks to have sold a lot of tickets

3 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

There is no chance that will sell out, it's probably sold worse than all of them looking at the chart.

It's probably a case of only on here and amongst the most die hard of fans that it being St Louis means anything

Minneapolis looks to have sold a lot of tickets

Minneapolis is doing well....but, think about this.  Metallica just sold that same venue with a similar seating arrangement out in 50 minutes last year....

Also for St Louis you're right....all the die hards think, oh man St Louis, no way!  I gotta see that one  well most of them have already bought their tix.  That place has a listed capacity of 66,000, can seat up to 70,000 in certain configurations.   If GnR put 35,000 in there if consider that a success, but that'll take some serious discounting on tickets, I think.