Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, downzy said:

The problem with that hope is that the pace at which Axl releases new music there's not much chance the current people playing under the name Guns N' Roses would stick around for its release.  Accept it or not, but Axl just works on a different timeframe than most other active musicians.  To start all over again with Duff and Slash might taken longer than both those individuals might be willing to take.  Plus, it was the disagreement over material that was one the primary reasons why these guys went their separate ways 20 years ago.  If Slash and Duff are willing to look at the material in Axl's vault and contribute, and maybe work on one or two songs of their owns, I think that's the most likely scenario in which we hear new music.  I just don't think Axl would want to junk all of his previous work.  

Don't forget that GNR has a long history of recording songs that involved songwriters not official members of the band.  It wouldn't be bucking tradition if songs written by former members or outside contributors made the next album.  

Agreed completely. The point you made which I highlighted, is why I don't believe new music is coming. They're making millions milking the old hits and actually getting along, so why mess that up?

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

If that FB post is true, what the fuck is their problem? It took them 22 years to get back together, they do two years of touring and then go back to make music that nobody cares about with other people? It's like they go out of their way not to give the fans what they really want most of all (new music).

Because what we're seeing is called a CASH GRAB. Some people around here like, idk, fear words. They read those words and get all triggered, then lose their minds over someone like me, potentially speak a truth that they can't deal with, like I did in another thread.

Artists create art... any future art created by GNR wouldn't outdo the past, but so what? We would buy it, and listen to it. In retrospect, as long as it's good, who cares what's better than what....?!?! That's my issue with anyone who thinks GNR releasing new music is pointless.

And some may be sick of reading it, but the fact that these 3 have finally gotten back together and can't even formulate a plan for new music continues to show how much Izzy is missed..

35 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

New Axl vocals Towelie... I don't care if that comes in the form of an AC/DC album or a Steps album, either way it's new vocals :lol:

For me its much more than just vocals, its the first oportunity to get an Axl/Slash album in 25 years and people are really considering Axl singing in Angus Young songs that have sounded the same for 40 years a priority? 

Oh boy. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Because what we're seeing is called a CASH GRAB. Some people around here like, idk, fear words. They read those words and get all triggered, then lose their minds over someone like me, potentially speak a truth that they can't deal with, like I did in another thread.

Artists create art... any future art created by GNR wouldn't outdo the past, but so what? We would buy it, and listen to it. In retrospect, as long as it's good, who cares what's better than what....?!?! That's my issue with anyone who thinks GNR releasing new music is pointless.

And some may be sick of reading it, but the fact that these 3 have finally gotten back together and can't even formulate a plan for new music continues to show how much Izzy is missed..

I dont think even Izzy could get the ball rolling on new music. The ball and chain around everyone's foot for new music is Axl and has been for every GNR member the past quarter century. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, lassie said:

A new album, hmm i don't think it will be near as good as Appettite or Lies or Illusions, many bands/songwriter has a certain amount of great songs they make, and then they can never quite make as good songs as before, we have seen it with a ton of bands etc.

Would you prefer to love and lose, or just never love at all?

All right, it's not the same thing but I would rather get new GNR material versus just watching them milk the old songs for the next ten years.

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

For me its much more than just vocals, its the first oportunity to get an Axl/Slash album in 25 years and people are really considering Axl singing in Angus Young songs that have sounded the same for 40 years a priority? 

Oh boy. 

Oh dear. Axl and Angus share musical chemistry too. And Axl will probably try his best for Angus. Exciting things could come out of it for AC/DC fans and people who like to live in the moment and hear Axl sing new material.

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

its the first oportunity to get an Axl/Slash album in 25 years

Who knows whether that chemistry is even still there between them now, though? The spark definitely appears to be there between Axl and Angus, AC/DC really has seemed to ignite something in him.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Oh dear. Axl and Angus share musical chemistry too. And Axl will probably try his best for Angus. Exciting things could come out of it for AC/DC fans and people who like to live in the moment and hear Axl sing new material.

^^^ This. He will absolutely fucking smash it for Angus! :headbang:

Just now, NicDwolfwood said:

I dont think even Izzy could get the ball rolling on new music. The ball and chain around everyone's foot for new music is Axl and has been for every GNR member the past quarter century. 

Well it's Axl's band, has been for a long time and will continue to be from here on out. Slash and Duff joined his band so, you're probably right in the sense about Axl needing to want to release new music for it to happen. But GNR and any form of GNR have significantly struggled to release new material without Izzy. Izzy bridged that gap between Axl and Slash's creative differences, and I'd be willing to bet there's still differences between what those two would want GNR to sound like, if new material were to be released. Doubt Izzy would hurt the process any more, unless all Axl wants Slash and Duff to do is record over some old Chinese material which, like it or not, is probably the only realistic option to getting new material.

If Axl wanted to truly give up on the Chinese era or remaining material, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't be playing 6 songs from Chinese, as well as hung onto Fortus, Frank, and that second keyboard player they have..

8 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Who knows whether that chemistry is even still there between them now, though? The spark definitely appears to be there between Axl and Angus, AC/DC really has seemed to ignite something in him.

Slash will try his best for Axl. Good stuff could come out of it.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

Come on, mate, you know fine well it'd be a raw as fuck rock record.... the best in fucking years! :headbang:

As a fan of both bands I know exactly it can be the best rock n roll record in a while, but man... I'll die wihout knowing how Guns N' Roses without Izzy would sound like. Its frustrating for a fan. 

Axl/DC is cool, yeah... but AC/DC is in a OK situation, they have a cool catalog while GNR only has a few songs, its such a little catalog. Even if a GNR album with Slash and Duff sux hard, I need to know how the fuck would Guns N' Roses be like without Izzy, they never got the oportunity to get out of the Izzy shadow. 

21 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well it's Axl's band, has been for a long time and will continue to be from here on out. Slash and Duff joined his band so, you're probably right in the sense about Axl needing to want to release new music for it to happen. But GNR and any form of GNR have significantly struggled to release new material without Izzy. Izzy bridged that gap between Axl and Slash's creative differences, and I'd be willing to bet there's still differences between what those two would want GNR to sound like, if new material were to be released. Doubt Izzy would hurt the process any more, unless all Axl wants Slash and Duff to do is record over some old Chinese material which, like it or not, is probably the only realistic option to getting new material.

If Axl wanted to truly give up on the Chinese era or remaining material, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't be playing 6 songs from Chinese, as well as hung onto Fortus, Frank, and that second keyboard player they have..

I agree. I dont see any scenario where Axl gives up those tunes he has in the vault. Its a fucked situation, but shit has been that way in GNR for a long time, I dont see any reason why that would change now. Axl has pretty much been "my way or no way at all" since 1990. Nothing anyone can do about that really. 

On 28.4.2017 at 3:24 AM, MADDOGJONES said:

If you think their won't be new music as some point you're fucked if you put money on it.

Lol, what a horrible name for an album!

Actually  Appetite For Dysfunction is pretty accurate when it comes to GNR. They were dysfunctional as fuck.

And if there would be new material... here's some inspiration for a new song:

I love how we put timelines on things like "possible new album in 2020" etc. like it's a given that they'll all still be living. Who knows what could happen in the next few years. Forget wasting new riffs on SMKC or shelling out sandpaper vocals for AC/DC, make a damn good final G'N'R album while it's still possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

How strong exactly is this rumor?

I wouldn't consider it strong at all. Think about it...what do we have for evidence? We have a picture of Slash in a recording studio. If Fortus or Del or even Fernando was in the picture with him, I'd bet we'd all be losing our minds

• Like 1

On 29/04/2017 at 4:06 PM, downzy said:

The problem with that hope is that the pace at which Axl releases new music there's not much chance the current people playing under the name Guns N' Roses would stick around for its release.  Accept it or not, but Axl just works on a different timeframe than most other active musicians.  To start all over again with Duff and Slash might taken longer than both those individuals might be willing to take.  Plus, it was the disagreement over material that was one the primary reasons why these guys went their separate ways 20 years ago.  If Slash and Duff are willing to look at the material in Axl's vault and contribute, and maybe work on one or two songs of their owns, I think that's the most likely scenario in which we hear new music.  I just don't think Axl would want to junk all of his previous work.  

Don't forget that GNR has a long history of recording songs that involved songwriters not official members of the band.  It wouldn't be bucking tradition if songs written by former members or outside contributors made the next album.  

You are spot on except for the material part. Slash said he would even have stuck through an industrial record with Axl if that meant the band would work together again. The main reason he wrote his book is to clear up this misconception and he wrote the exact reasons in an entire section of his book why it happened and artistic differences was not one of them.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You are spot on except for the material part. Slash said he would even have stuck through an industrial record with Axl if that meant the band would work together again. The main reason he wrote his book is to clear up this misconception and he wrote the exact reasons in an entire section of his book why it happened and artistic differences was not one of them.

Slash said a lot of things.