Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, Spirit said:

I'm not struggling... I understand perfectly fine that it just might mean LA in general.

I'm just pointing out that they use the specific phrase "it all began" at Tower Records, and then use the same phrase at the end of the video. It could be intentional.

OK, fair enough, but what exactly began at Tower Records for them?   Not sure that Tower is any sort of a beginning point, The Troubadour is as featured in that video as Tower Records is and that isn't "where it all began" either.  So, while I get where your logic is coming from, I just don't see the correlation.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

OK, fair enough, but what exactly began at Tower Records for them?   Not sure that Tower is any sort of a beginning point, The Troubadour is as featured in that video as Tower Records is and that isn't "where it all began" either.  So, while I get where your logic is coming from, I just don't see the correlation.  

The official starting point of fans participating in the reunion began at Tower Records I guess.

Hey guys, just in case this means something, they just played Paradise City on KLOS and the guy remarked  "Paradise City" three times, "We live in Paradise City" and "If you live in Paradise City" referring to Los Angeles of course. And about KLOS relation with GN'R, they were the only radio station involved with the Dodgers Stadium shows last year. Tickets get away and radio spots (very nice version of Welcome to the Jungle with lyrics changed that told about the shows, no Axl's voice) and... KLOS isn't a a small radio station, we all listen to it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Spirit said:

The official starting point of fans participating in the reunion began at Tower Records I guess.

Yah, I guess it depends on the frame of reference...when I hear "back to where it all began" I'm thinking the very beginning not the reunion beginning........oh well, I guess we can argue about it for two more days lol.  Hell in that sense, the Troubador actually makes more sense.  But, I still think it is a general reference to LA

Just now, tsinindy said:

Yah, I guess it depends on the frame of reference...when I hear "back to where it all began" I'm thinking the very beginning not the reunion beginning........oh well, I guess we can argue about it for two more days lol.  Hell in that sense, the Troubador actually makes more sense.  But, I still think it is a general reference to LA

Ha, yeah I'm just spitballing here.

But you say that you think of the very beginning when you hear "back to where it all began", and I'm totally with you on that. Except in the context of the video, they portray "it" as something starting in April 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

In the beginning of the video:

"In April 2016..."   -->   "It all began"   -->   "With the kickoff at Tower Records"

At the end of the video:

"Now they're coming back home"   -->   "Where it all began"

Could it be something to do with Tower Records?

Bands have played there before right, outside. On the roof?

Tower Records would fit with it being an anniversary of AFD as well, since it's a record.

Well, it can be the museum thing. lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

After the latest video it is clear it means shows in L.A.. It could be at The Forum, The Rosebowl, The Staple Center or somewhere else. Probably more shows in the U.S. in November and December. Maybe another handfull of shows next year as well. The only thing that doesn't add up is Get In The Ring

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Guests by Gilby and Matt? I highly doubt it, but it would be cool

Sure it could be cool. But the the important reunion is AFD 5. Chances are is not going to happen, no matter what

May 12th, 1992 - Slash and Metallica's Lars Ulrich announced that GN'R and Metallica would tour together in the summer.

The press conference was held at The Gaslight in Hollywood, CA.

May 14th, 1992 - The band arrives in Dublin, Ireland on their private jet.
May 15th, 1992 - Axl's smiling face makes the front page of the Irish Independent.

The rest of the band does a soundcheck at Slane Castle. It lasts for two hours.

May 16th, 1992 - The show in Dublin. 800 police patrol the Slane Castle site. U2 sends a crate of 40-year-old Irish whiskey and a barrel of Guinness for the band. My Little Funhouse opens the show followed by Faith No More.

got this from HTGTH, 3 days before Slane 1992 the Metallica/GNR tour was announced, can we something similar but with someone else in Metallicas place ???

35 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

They had their time. Decades ago.

Now, it's Fortus time. And it's great as it is. King Fortus is fantastic.

so, whats so awesome about 4tus? can you only name one performance or song which makes him fantastic? cause i can't. gilby's KOHD version is still the best version of the song since 1993. and gilby fits perfectly with slash's style cause he is a gnr fan himself and understands the real gnr vibe. 4tus is just a solid worker. nothing more.

i don't even try to compare frank with matt... 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

so, whats so awesome about 4tus? can you only name one performance or song which makes him fantastic? cause i can't. gilby's KOHD version is still the best version of the song since 1993. and gilby fits perfectly with slash's style cause he is a gnr fan himself and understands the real gnr vibe. 4tus is just a solid worker. nothing more.

Fortus is one of the more talented guitarists the band has had. For me, His first nightrain solo is better than Gilby's. And his chord voicing in Better is great. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Gilby was a much better fit.. Fortus is a showboat and doesn't realize less is more in his role. He is talented but his lead style doesn't fit the band well. He is fine on some songs but there are definitely songs he detracts from... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Fortus is one of the more talented guitarists the band has had. For me, His first nightrain solo is better than Gilby's. And his chord voicing in Better is great. 

I always found his Nightrain solo to be annoying and wish he would stay closer to the album tan showing off to show how many notes he can fit in it..  As for Better... I can't really comment.. That song is complete garbage.. It actually sounds like garbage songs all mashed into one. Hands down the most awkward song of the set.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I always found his Nightrain solo to be annoying and wish he would stay closer to the album tan showing off to show how many notes he can fit in it..  As for Better... I can't really comment.. That song is complete garbage.. It actually sounds like garbage songs all mashed into one. Hands down the most awkward song of the set.

I agree! Izzy's solo on Nightrain is one of the best guitar solos ever recorded, Richard should stick to the original (lol, yeah that was sarcasm).

I love Fortus' approach on Nightrain, much better than Gilby's imo.

It's okay if you don't like Better though. Too bad it's probably the best song off CD the band plays, and seems to get quite a nice reaction from the crowd (I really like Coma, but let's face it, Coma's probably the most awkward song of the set)

Since some of you speculate it has something to do with tower records how does this sound?? Exclusive first 1000 copies of a new single on vinyl or cd available at tower records?? Lol or maybe a new EP like live like a suicide in the sense of back where it all began?? Idk one can hope haha

5 hours ago, Padme said:

After the latest video it is clear it means shows in L.A.. It could be at The Forum, The Rosebowl, The Staple Center or somewhere else. Probably more shows in the U.S. in November and December. Maybe another handfull of shows next year as well. The only thing that doesn't add up is Get In The Ring

Get In The Ring is a song about the press. They may do a press conference at Tower Records

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but they already have US dates booked for this year? If it's gonna be more US dates, Why didn't they just announce all of the dates in the one go?

i know nothing about the music business but it seems a little strange to me. Didn't they tour the US extensively last year? Why do it again in such a small timeframe?

fuck I hope they announce new music on Wednesday. Otherwise it's just even more a cash grab tour.