Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

23 hours ago, wasted said:

That’s basically all politicians. 

Show me another politician blaming the victims of a natural disaster after the disaster.  He did it in puerto rico and california.  This "he's just a politician and they're all bad" crap is nonsense.  That's like saying AIDs and the flu are the same since they're both diseases.  

12 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

This "he's just a politician and they're all bad" crap is nonsense.  That's like saying AIDs and the flu are the same since they're both diseases.  

Have you ever heard of dictators?

There are many horrible politicians out there, just as bad as Trump, maybe not so openly egocentric, but believing that politicians who are low profile cannot be dangerous, mean and corrupted is just looking at the surface of people.

32 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Have you ever heard of dictators?

There are many horrible politicians out there, just as bad as Trump, maybe not so openly egocentric, but believing that politicians who are low profile cannot be dangerous, mean and corrupted is just looking at the surface of people.

Are you really saying trump's not so bad because dictators are worse?    Again, find me another horrible politician who has twice blamed the victims of natural disaster for the disasters.

1 minute ago, slipnslider said:

Are you really saying trump's not so bad because dictators are worse?    Again, find me another horrible politician who has twice blamed the victims of natural disaster for the disasters.

Nope. What I said is that there are, and there have been, throughout history, many politicians just as bad as Trump.

Grab a history book.

2 hours ago, slipnslider said:

Show me another politician blaming the victims of a natural disaster after the disaster.  He did it in puerto rico and california.  This "he's just a politician and they're all bad" crap is nonsense.  That's like saying AIDs and the flu are the same since they're both diseases.  

I just think all politicians pander to their base. Trump also put out a normal disaster response post too. 

Basically this is his style. He ruthlessly goes for the votes. And it’s terrible and everything but in the context of the reality of politics...

But I came to realise it works because while we get outraged by his blunt political style nobody is working out how to solve either the problems or just how to beat Trump at the next election. Because hating Trump doesn’t work. Dems sort of have offer something to the Trump voters, money or safety.  They can’t just sit around slapping each on the back for hating on the demagogue and taking selfies with victims. Fantasy and fame won’t beat Trump. 

It’s very difficult for Dems to go into Money and Fear territory and not lose voters. 

Trump somehow knows he can boost his base on this one because rich people demanding funding is really a hard sell. There’s just nothing there for Trump other than rile up his base. 

People get more outraged about Trump’s response to this disaster than the 100s of thousands of children dying of cholera in Yemen. 

The world is a terrible place for some reason. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

Nope. What I said is that there are, and there have been, throughout history, many politicians just as bad as Trump.

Grab a history book.

Of course, that's true. But it doesn't stop Trump from being just as much of a cunt as the others, more so in today's supposedly more civilised society. 

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and all that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Of course, that's true. But it doesn't stop Trump from being just as much of a cunt as the others, more so in today's supposedly more civilised society. 

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and all that.

That's what I thought I said. But I can say something more elaborated if you guys please.

23 hours ago, wasted said:

Dems sort of have offer something to the Trump voters, money or safety.

Trump voters are beyond saving.  They really are.  They're cult members at this point.  And no amount of suffering caused by their cult leader, or realistic solutions offered by the opposition are ever going to change their mind.  At this point, turning against trump would be admitting that they have been wrong and are suckers.  They'd rather watch the country burn than ever do that.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Trump voters are beyond saving.  They really are.  They're cult members at this point.  And no amount of suffering caused by their cult leader, or realistic solutions offered by the opposition are every going to change their mind.  At this point, turning against trump would be admitting that they have been wrong and are suckers.  They'd rather watch the country burn than ever do that.

haha you really need to get a life!

28 minutes ago, slipnslider said:

Trump voters are beyond saving.  They really are.  They're cult members at this point.  And no amount of suffering caused by their cult leader, or realistic solutions offered by the opposition are every going to change their mind.  At this point, turning against trump would be admitting that they have been wrong and are suckers.  They'd rather watch the country burn than ever do that.

I'm voting Trump again in 2020. He is fixing illegal immigration and trade. I know you liberals hate that and want to bankrupt this country. Too bad, you lose.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, slipnslider said:

True and he’s also tried to deliver what he was voted in for. I would suggest not voting for anyone. 

4 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

I'm voting Trump again in 2020. He is fixing illegal immigration and trade. I know you liberals hate that and want to bankrupt this country. Too bad, you lose.

Axl would be disappointed that his fans are such suckers.  Illegal immigration isn't the problem they tell you it is.  Your problems are due to elites rigging the economy.  Not broke brown crop pickers.  But they know if they can get you to blame your problems on the crop pickers it'll keep you from directing your anger at the source of your suffering.  You're being conned.    He TELLS you he's fixing trade.  Just like he TOLD you he had no business ties to russia and never paid stormy daniels hush money.

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

True and he’s also tried to deliver what he was voted in for. I would suggest not voting for anyone. 

He was voted in to "drain the swamp".   He filled the government with bankers and lobbyists.  Is that delivering what he was voted in for?

Sitting on the sidelines is the same as voting for trump.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, slipnslider said:

Axl would be disappointed that his fans are such suckers.  Illegal immigration isn't the problem they tell you it is.  Your problems are due to elites rigging the economy.  Not broke brown crop pickers.  But they know if they can get you to blame your problems on the crop pickers it'll keep you from directing your anger at the source of your suffering.  You're being conned.    He TELLS you he's fixing trade.  Just like he TOLD you he had no business ties to russia and never paid stormy daniels hush money.

He was voted in to "drain the swamp".   He filled the government with bankers and lobbyists.  Is that delivering what he was voted in for?

It’s just honest, I don’t think we need a government. Do we really need to give them our money so they can waste it on foreign wars. They all run on change then do some horrific things and nobody says anything. I’m just praying to Mario it’s a simulation. Trump is arming the Saudis and would bail out the banks no problem. They should just give up it would probably work out better. 

He ran on immigration and end the wars. Drain the swamp sort of became you’re russian spy. It was still Trump versus the corruption to his base. He tried and sort of stopped regime change but them was forced to restart it to avoid impeachment. The whole witch hunt thing. To his base he tried. That’s why considering all the outrage hedid well in the mid terms. Considering what everyone’s been saying he should have done much worse. 

Yeah he just used immigration to get elected and end the wars. Of course, but those people in the rust belt had had enough. Obama said he’d help them, Hillary didn’t even lie. Trump told them he bring back jobs, stop the continuous flow of immigration. It’s sad but people all over the world are poor and sometimes they don’t mind if they have an identity. Trump gave them that. It’s hard to talk about without being condescending. So I can see why they voted Trump, it’s not because they are evil or being duped. It’s just he had something for them. Not a solution bit a hope. There’s also all the basic republican reasons to vote for him. 

Edited by wasted
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s just honest, I don’t think we need a government.

No offense, but how old are you?  That is the viewpoint of a high school kid who just heard about libertarianism.  Not the view of anyone who has learned anything about economics, politics, civics, or world history.

No government means no roads, no bridges, no mail, no police, no firefighters, no limits on pollution, no food safety, no education for the working class...  Basically a lord-of-the-flies system where the biggest and strongest and meanest capture/consume/destroy everything they can.  That was the system when we were cavemen.  And if we stuck with that system we'd still be cavemen.  And if we try that system now we'll go back to being cavemen.

Simple solutions are appealing because they mean you don't have to do the hard work of finding real solutions, but they are completely unrealistic in the real world.

Obama ran on change and maybe he didn't change your life enough to please you, but do you think the people whose lives were saved by obamacare would say he didn't change anything for them?

I was dissappointed by obama too in many ways, but not enough to make me think an obvious egomaniac con man was going to do any better.  

Trump isn't just another politician lying like all other politicians do.  He's destroying the concept of truth and facts and INCREASING the hatred in this country simply because it benefits him.  It's truly sick and depressing. 

Axl is right.  He's never gotten involved in politics before because we have never been in a situation this dire.  At this moment, you are either doing all you can to stop the trump cult, or you are helping them succeed in their sociopathic goals.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, slipnslider said:

No offense, but how old are you?  That is the viewpoint of a high school kid who just heard about libertarianism.  Not the view of anyone who has learned anything about economics, politics, civics, or world history.

No government means no roads, no bridges, no mail, no police, no firefighters, no limits on pollution, no food safety, no education for the working class...  Basically a lord-of-the-flies system where the biggest and strongest and meanest capture/consume/destroy everything they can.  That was the system when we were cavemen.  And if we stuck with that system we'd still be cavemen.  And if we try that system now we'll go back to being cavemen.

Simple solutions are appealing because they mean you don't have to do the hard work of finding real solutions, but they are completely unrealistic in the real world.

Obama ran on change and maybe he didn't change your life enough to please you, but do you think the people whose lives were saved by obamacare would say he didn't change anything for them?

I was dissappointed by obama too in many ways, but not enough to make me think an obvious egomaniac con man was going to do any better.  

Trump isn't just another politician lying like all other politicians do.  He's destroying the concept of truth and facts and INCREASING the hatred in this country simply because it benefits him.  It's truly sick and depressing. 

Axl is right.  He's never gotten involved in politics before because we have never been in a situation this dire.  At this moment, you are either doing all you can to stop the trump cult, or you are helping them succeed in their sociopathic goals.

I think the dems have to take some responsibility for Trump. Because he is a result of Obama not really doing anything or not enough for 63 million Americans. I think Trump is the anti christ is a gross simplification and just an easy way to fight him. 

I don’t think that’s what libertaranism would lead to either, that’s what people think that don’t understand that more freedom has always led to more wealth. Most countries start with little to no government and show great progress then the state grows and co opts everything and people get dejected and ineffective. Either way what I said was more about a feeling of hopelessness. I think way less interference would work better because it’s easy to beat 100s of thousands of kids dying in Yemen. 

Also these team politics discussions belie the truth that nothing will change. Probably because the system is designed like that. Sure there will be people who benefit one way or the other. But really changing things so America shouldn’t be ashamed, that’s not happening. Scapegoating Trump will only work for the next election cycle. 20 years from now gov spending will still be way to high to avoid disaster. 

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think the dems have to take some responsibility for Trump. Because he is a result of Obama not really doing anything or not enough for 63 million Americans. I think Trump is the anti christ is a gross simplification and just an easy way to fight him. 

I don’t think that’s what libertaranism would lead to either, that’s what people think that don’t understand that more freedom has always led to more wealth. Most countries start with little to no government and show great progress then the state grows and co opts everything and people get dejected and ineffective. Either way what I said was more about a feeling of hopelessness. I think way less interference would work better because it’s easy to beat 100s of thousands of kids dying in Yemen. 

Also these team politics discussions belie the truth that nothing will change. Probably because the system is designed like that. Sure there will be people who benefit one way or the other. But really changing things so America shouldn’t be ashamed, that’s not happening. Scapegoating Trump will only work for the next election cycle. 20 years from now gov spending will still be way to high to avoid disaster. 

I agree that the dems not fighting hard enough for the common man is one factor that lead to trump.  But anyone who thinks the person to save them from the billionaire elites is A BILLIONAIRE ELITIST, is really not very smart.  The choice was between democrats - who are mostly controlled by elites, but still try to protect the planet and help the poor and middle class - or the republicans  - who are TOTALLY controlled by the elites, dont care about the planet, dont care about the poor, and coddle nazis and klansmen.  

Freedom has lead to wealth FOR WHO?   There is tons of wealth in dubai and there are also modern slaves.  In fact, in much of the mideast, the LACK of freedom has lead to wealth for the leaders. 

The middle class in america was the most healthy - with one income able to support a whole family and send their kids to college - when unions and tax laws limited the wealth and power of the elites.  Since we got rid of those unions and tax laws, the wealthy have sucked all the wealth out of the middle class.

Trump is not the source of all of our problems.  He's simply an opportunistic con man who seized the moment to profit off of our problems.  But he does make them worse.  If you care about the budget, the planet, the happiness of the average american, he is making everything worse every day. 

And dont underestimate the damage he's causing to our society.  Having obama in power (even though he was flawed) sent the message to every black kid that they can work hard and grow up to be something besides an athlete or rapper.   Having trump in power sends the message that the path to success is lying, cheating, bullying, bragging, and more lying.  This will make more people try to succeed that way, and harm a lot of innocent people in the process.  The fish rots from the head down.  If you think trump is bad, wait til you see the wave of mini-trumps that are going to follow in his footsteps.  That's why it's so important for him to be publicly exposed, prosecuted, and removed.  To show the next generation that being like trump doesn't get you where you want to go.

Edited by slipnslider
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, slipnslider said:

I agree that the dems not fighting hard enough for the common man is one factor that lead to trump.  But anyone who thinks the person to save them from the billionaire elites is A BILLIONAIRE ELITIST, is really not very smart.  The choice was between democrats - who are mostly controlled by elites, but still try to protect the planet and help the poor and middle class - or the republicans  - who are TOTALLY controlled by the elites, dont care about the planet, dont care about the poor, and coddle nazis and klansmen.  

Freedom has lead to wealth FOR WHO?   There is tons of wealth in dubai and there are also modern slaves.  In fact, in much of the mideast, the LACK of freedom has lead to wealth for the leaders. 

The middle class in america was the most healthy - with one income able to support a whole family and send their kids to college - when unions and tax laws limited the wealth and power of the elites.  Since we got rid of those unions and tax laws, the wealthy have sucked all the wealth out of the middle class.

Trump is not the source of all of our problems.  He's simply an opportunistic con man who seized the moment to profit off of our problems.  But he does make them worse.  If you care about the budget, the planet, the happiness of the average american, he is making everything worse every day. 

And dont underestimate the damage he's causing to our society.  Having obama in power (even though he was flawed) sent the message to every black kid that they can work hard and grow up to be something besides an athlete or rapper.   Having trump in power sends the message that the path to success is lying, cheating, bullying, bragging, and more lying.  This will make more people try to succeed that way, and harm a lot of innocent people in the process.  The fish rots from the head down.  If you think trump is bad, wait til you see the wave of mini-trumps that are going to follow in his footsteps.  That's why it's so important for him to be publicly exposed, prosecuted, and removed.  To show the next generation that being like trump doesn't get you where you want to go.

A flaw is that Obama had 8 years and didn’t bring jobs to the rust belt and Hillary made no promises. So they went with the bilionaire who might know how to get things done. A hail mary maybe. They got a tax cut. I wouldn’t be surprosed if Trumps base are happy, mid terms suggested they are. That why the move to impeach, dems don’t know how to beat Trump in an election. 

I don’t think people like Trump were just invented, he’s basically a stereotype of a country club republican. And lying and cheating has always been the way to power. Then there’s the whole hip hop republican thing. I’m pretty much a liberal and never really hang out with Wall Street type guys or military guys. But I’m not sure I have the balls to through them in the trash because they voted republican. Overall that’s a subjective argument. Yes you have to be a bit of bastard to succeed in the business world, especially if you can’t make anything. Honestly if you look into most of prezs the fish was rotten on arrival. We can’t possibly being talking about morals at this late juncture?

In place like Dubai or Saudi it’s always loosening of trade and culture that led to economic growth. It proves the point in a smaller way, even fascists have to go to freedom to make bank. 

But obviously there’s all that oil. Again you can look at the ethics of the US in how they deal in the ME. Wanting countries to trade in the petrodollar is what leads to all the regime changes. The wars lead to distablized countries and global chaos and death. 

My point is just why focus all the outrage on Trump being a supposed white nationalist, when there are real horrors in Yemen to address that go back way before Trump became a reality tv star. I take Trump winning the WH as a sign something is broken in the system, everyone else seems to want to blame Trump for the broken system so that they can have their version of a lying scum bag in office. 

44 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

New music, what you mean back in November 2008? :P

Even then it was old new music. 

Edited by wasted

20 hours ago, slipnslider said:

Let Axl be disappointed then. I am disappointed with his mickey voice, haggard look, and cash grab tours. He had unlimited potential back in 2002 and gave up on himself, his band, and his vision.

It's no con. I see it with my own two eyes. Millions of real Americans do as well, which is why we voted Trump. Everywhere I go, I am surrounded by 3rd world foreigners and it didn't used to be like that growing up in the 90's. They are here to flood our schools, hospitals, and prisons....all at hard working American's expense. You are right in that the elites rigged the economy, but they did it by flooding this country with 3rd world foreigners and signing bad trade deals which enabled millions of jobs to be outsourced. If these huge corporations(which bribed the crooked politicians) aren't outsourcing jobs, they are hiring Indians to come here and work through the H1/H2 Visa program. Real Americans have been fleeced. Good paying jobs gone and forced to compete with 3rd worlders for the dead end jobs remaining.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, slipnslider said:

Well said! Your last two messages are some of the well articulated and thoughtful messages I’ve seen on this forum. 👍