8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

got a 2006 LP Standard. I wanted that classic tone., basically, a good one. it got the sustain and it looks real hot. it's fun to get really stoned and fuckin' wail on the thing which I did but got over excited and had some blisters on my fingers. it's all healed up now but my attack is too fierce for my own good sometimes.

Post a pic!

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Post a pic!

thx for caring but too lazy right now. maybe later.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2018 at 6:38 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Post a pic!

I forget because I drink, Is that Mockingbird in your avatar your guitar? If so, pics?

On 10/27/2018 at 3:32 AM, AxlisOld said:

I forget because I drink, Is that Mockingbird in your avatar your guitar? If so, pics?

Yeah lol. We talked about it a few months ago. There should be a pic a few pages back. Its a Burny MG145s YH. Awesome guitar. Actually had my first public gig with it tonight and it sounded really good. Much higher output pickups than my Les Paul but it surprisingly doesnt get as saturated. 

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah lol. We talked about it a few months ago. There should be a pic a few pages back. Its a Burny MG145s YH. Awesome guitar. Actually had my first public gig with it tonight and it sounded really good. Much higher output pickups than my Les Paul but it surprisingly doesnt get as saturated. 

I'm not that technically adept, but I have been told comparing pickup output only makes sense when comparing the same model/type of pickup. So it theoretically makes sense a higher output pickup by manufacturer X may actually get less distorted/saturated than a mid output pickup by manufacturer Y.

My guess is this is due to the variety of components that can be used in constructing a pickup, like different types of magnets, different wiring patterns/tightness, etc.

Also I didn't realize that was your guitar. Cool.

Edited by OmarBradley

5 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I'm not that technically adept, but I have been told comparing pickup output only makes sense when comparing the same model/type of pickup. So it theoretically makes sense a higher output pickup by manufacturer X may actually get less distorted/saturated than a mid output pickup by manufacturer Y.

My guess is this is due to the variety of components that can be used in constructing a pickup, like different types of magnets, different wiring patterns/tightness, etc.

Also I didn't realize that was your guitar. Cool.

It has a Seymour Duncan invador in the bridge. Its definitely loud and clear but a lot more bassy and less saturated than the 57 classics in my LP. I appreciate that it sounds so different

Boy it's been a long time since I last visited this board. Anyways, I managed to finish the pedalboard. Obviously, it looks quite different from my original line up.

Anyways, here it is:

ettnk9.jpg

I managed to get my first tube amp:

iyq78h.jpg

It is a Blackstar ht club 40

I couldn't find a big enough pedalboard to hold all these pedals, not for a price I could afford, that is, so I handmade this one with my father:

51znh0.jpg

nxw020.png

xoir0i.jpg

2zdztc4.jpg

20sbsdl.jpg

2z7lxzb.jpg

111tbpk.jpg

2z4j0h2.jpg

• Like 2

That board is insane. Have you thought of a midi switching system?

Thanks. I did think about a MIDI controller, but the costs were a huge no for me. What I did was split the pedalboard in two:

It goes:

Compressor > wah > noise gate > bass booster and then it divides in two when it reaches the switch blade +:

A goes: 

Eq/booster > big muff > distortion > whammy and then it becomes one signal again when it reaches a homemade 2 to 1 unit.

B starts on the OD and booster and goes thru all the modulation and dynamic pedals and ends on the expression factory then it also goes to the 2 to 1 thingy I got going there and into delay pedal and finally into the amp.

So in the end I have 2 signals that work independently from one another or at the same time. A is basically the dirt and B is modulation. That way I can set a dirty tone while playing a clean or the other way around WITHOUT gradually changing the sound as I engage or disengage pedal x or y and just hit a/b switch on the switchblade to go from an all out fuzz to a clean chorus + reverb + phaser sound in an instant, cuz I will be setting silently while playing a dirty part. The units that are before the split or after "unifier" will work on both A and B regardless.

Much to my surprise, the a+b switch wouldn't just blend the effects together. No. It would actually create 2 voices coming from the amp, each one subject to the pedals on it's own chain while ignoring the opposite chain. It means I can have a clean flanger playing alongside a distorted tone. On the other hand, I had to put an overdrive and a booster there to get dirty AND modulated tones.

This is my "unifier" unit:

2ecf9qd.jpg

We made it from an old AC adapter.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:02 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Derp. Me likey drinky.

• Haha 1

I've got a couple cymbals that've needed replacing for a while, so I've been keeping an eye out for a specific ride and some specific crash cymbals. Picked up the ride this morning... :D

900R20-large.jpg

12157582_800.jpg

:devilshades:

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've got a couple cymbals that've needed replacing for a while, so I've been keeping an eye out for a specific ride and some specific crash cymbals. Picked up the ride this morning... :D

900R20-large.jpg

12157582_800.jpg

:devilshades:

Those look cool

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Those look cool

It sounds really nice too. The ride I've been using for the last several years is pretty good for a low-end model cymbal but this is a nice upgrade.

I've had a Zildjian 18" Pitch Black crash for several years as well and it's starting to crack, I'm gonna replace that one after xmas, there's a couple Sabian and Paiste crash's that I'm keeping an eye out for.