Amazing Spider-Man 2

Zint

Couldn't find a thread through search, sorry if there is one.

I'm going to the 10 pm advance screening tonight.

Looking forward to it!

Anyone else going?

Hipsters too cool for superhero movies need not apply. :hahafyou:

Saw it a couple of weeks ago here in UK, really enjoyed it. The last one was meh for me but this one was much, much better. Bit rushed in places but overall really true to spirit of the comics. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is still my favourite but this is doing something different and I dig that.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago here in UK, really enjoyed it. The last one was meh for me but this one was much, much better. Bit rushed in places but overall really true to spirit of the comics. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is still my favourite but this is doing something different and I dig that.

Nice!

Good to hear. :)

What did you think of the last one? I saw it a friend's house months after release after avoiding it in cinemas. I liked the wisecracks but Peter Parker could be really annoying and the Lizard was just awful. Crap costume and CGI, too (love the costume in the new one, and the 3D webswinging is awesome in this, was not a fan of the cheap Mirror's Edge look in the last one).

I'll see it definitely, but not in theaters. I don't have the time or extra money right now.

I'd go today but funds are a bit low. I'll catch it next week.

Wonder if .... will happen like in the comics

It's rumored it does happen.

What did you think of the last one? I saw it a friend's house months after release after avoiding it in cinemas. I liked the wisecracks but Peter Parker could be really annoying and the Lizard was just awful. Crap costume and CGI, too (love the costume in the new one, and the 3D webswinging is awesome in this, was not a fan of the cheap Mirror's Edge look in the last one).

At first I didn't care for the somewhat hipster take on Peter Parker.

I warmed up to it on blu-ray, but what I've seen of the new one I'm rather stoked for it.

I picked up the Amazing Spider-Man #1 comic yesterday so it's a good week for all things Spidey.

Funny thing is that Garfield's Peter Parker is far closer to the comics than Maguire's ever was.

In this one, yes, but in the first ASM he was this arrogant hipster type.

One of my favourite movie scenes is the Raindrops montage in Spider-Man 2, Raimi really got the little joys of being a nerd exactly right in that bit.

At first I didn't care for the somewhat hipster take on Peter Parker.

I warmed up to it on blu-ray, but what I've seen of the new one I'm rather stoked for it.

I picked up the Amazing Spider-Man #1 comic yesterday so it's a good week for all things Spidey.

I think it's interesting to see the backtrack they've done with the series, tbh.

As you said, the first one was kind of the hipster Spider-Man, they were trying to give it the Batman Begins/Twilight angle in the marketing -- if you go back and look at the pictures and costume designs and the general cinematography for the film, it's a lot darker, grittier, more realistic (except for the Lizard I guess). They tried to make it a little more grounded than Raimi's series.

Then the Avengers, which was big bright and colorful, made tons of money, so in the new Spider-Man they've basically gone back to Raimi's version -- all the ads for this movie are bright and colorful, they've made the Spidey suit brighter again (less gothic-looking, in fact he looks almost exactly the same as he did in Raimi's films).

I loved Raimi's first two movies, and think Spider-Man 2 is up there with X-Men 2 and the Dark Knight as one of the all-time great superhero movies. I have to say that I'm a bit dispirited by the mediocre reviews this one is getting, but I've always liked Spider-Man so I'll check it out some point.

I don't like that the Green Goblin went straight to being Harry instead of Norman first. But at least it stops the idiots from saying Norman was the Green Goblin and Harry was the Hobgoblin.

The actor behind Green Goblin, Dane Dehaan (I think I spelled that right), is really promising. I loved his work in the movie Place Beyond the Pines, which is one of my favourite movies I've seen in the last few years honestly. So when I saw that he was cast in this film, I thought it was a stroke of genius. Kind of disappointed to read in all the reviews that they wasted him, but maybe in the sequels/spin-offs he'll be given more to do.

• Like 1