Ron leaving the band?

Honestly I'm not surprised. In one interview I saw with DJ, Bumblefoot said he questions Axl a lot about different things. He's probably fed up that Axl doesn't listen to what he has to say. Really, these guys should know how Axl is. I mean it's not a secret that Axl does things his way, so if it came as a surprise, I would be shocked.

I wonder if GNR will replace him? Do they really need 3 guitar players?

If he leaves and they don't replace him, that would mean Dj is solo lead.

Axl likes Dj, so maybe that's Axl's grand plan. A bad one, IMO though.

"Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. "

What does that mean? I have never understood that.

In the boxing world De La Hoya was a "face" good guy boxer and Vargas was a "heel" bad guy boxer.

I'll be able to sleep tonight.

That quote has been bugging me for years.

According to a relevant source it's probably that Ron is going to leave the band after Las Vegas, this has been discussed on the thread of the first Vegas concert, but according that there is going to be more days, and is more appropiated to talk about it in other thread, I just post this.

Anyone going to these shows who's a massive fan of Bumble' - Enjoy and take it all in :)

I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it.

Ha ha ok Ali whatever - go see MSL he'll have all the answers!! :) I don't state something if I don't believe it to be true or accurate, everyone knows this who knows me.

Same source as SA dates before anyone knew (confirmed dates)... Go figure.

according to this website http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/guns-n-roses-split-axl-rose-slash-break-up-band-rock/ Axl Rose will retire after the LVegas shows...dont know if it is true.

I think after this Vegas residency, Axl will take a long break.

DJ has Sixx AM and Bumblefoot is leaving and he's touring with Yngwie.

I'm sure the other guys have plans too.

I think Axl agreed to this legacy, so he could take a nice long break after doing these shows.

I think Axl needs to take a long break. He needs to make up his mind about GNR's future.

If Ron leaves, they'll just find another D-list shredder that 17 people are aware is alive to replace him, and nobody will bat an eye.

It's not like there's only three people on Earth who can play the Chinese stuff. It ain't Mozart. And they've been keeping that shit to a bare minimum the last 2 years anyways.

Not the end of the world here people. Calm your tits.

• Like 3

I'll be sad if Bumble leaves, I'm a big fan. It would be terrible news, if this was an actual band, that did actual band things. However, since it's just a tribute act to Appetite and UYI, what difference does it really make?

If Ron leaves, they'll just find another D-list shredder that 17 people are aware is alive to replace him, and nobody will bat an eye.

It's not like there's only three people on Earth who can play the Chinese stuff. It ain't Mozart. And they've been keeping that shit to a bare minimum the last 2 years anyways.

Yeah, but Ron is literally a guitar genius. Sure, he's a bit of a geek, but I'll take him over some 22 year old youtube prodigy or another tryhard mullet doucher any day.

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that this is the killing blow to the band, but it's very likely that the new guy will not be as skilled as Ron, and probably have next to no charisma.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

People will talk about it regardless of the thread existing or not. It's a major event. If it hurts Ron, he should make things clear maybe? Censorship is not the way to go. People are being respectful, even those who don't really like him, me included.

Yeah, but Ron is literally a guitar genius. Sure, he's a bit of a geek, but I'll take him over some 22 year old youtube prodigy or another tryhard mullet doucher any day.

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that this is the killing blow to the band, but it's very likely that the new guy will not be as skilled as Ron, and probably have next to no charisma.

It's rare on my end to see "charisma" and "Ron Thal" uttered in the same sentence. Guys pretty stiff and robotic with his playing. They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle, and it's not gonna be that hard to find one that was any less known than Ron was before he joined nu guns. And it's not like they were on the road to doing anything aside from touring with or without Ron.

If Axl had the audacity to replace Slash, and lived to tell the tale, I see replacing Ron as a total non issue. It will be business as usual.

• Like 2

It's rare on my end to see "charisma" and "Ron Thal" uttered in the same sentence. Guys pretty stiff and robotic with his playing. They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle, and it's not gonna be that hard to find one that was any less known than Ron was before he joined nu guns. And it's not like they were on the road to doing anything aside from touring with or without Ron.

If Axl had the audacity to replace Slash, and lived to tell the tale, I see replacing Ron as a total non issue. It will be business as usual.

You have always been a total piece of shit about Ron though. So fuck off :thumbsup:

• Like 1

According to a relevant source it's probably that Ron is going to leave the band after Las Vegas, this has been discussed on the thread of the first Vegas concert, but according that there is going to be more days, and is more appropiated to talk about it in other thread, I just post this.

Anyone going to these shows who's a massive fan of Bumble' - Enjoy and take it all in :)

I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it.

Ha ha ok Ali whatever - go see MSL he'll have all the answers!! :) I don't state something if I don't believe it to be true or accurate, everyone knows this who knows me.

Same source as SA dates before anyone knew (confirmed dates)... Go figure.

according to this website http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/guns-n-roses-split-axl-rose-slash-break-up-band-rock/ Axl Rose will retire after the LVegas shows...dont know if it is true.

This is bullshit.

http://radio.com/2014/05/22/axl-rose-is-not-going-anywhere-despite-retirement-rumors/

Last night (May 21), Axl Rose responded to an online report that he was considering putting an end to his longtime band, Guns N’ Roses.

Yesterday, RadarOnline “exclusively” reported that Rose would retire GNR after their current Vegas residency wraps up in June, but hours later, Rose posted a meme on band’s Facebook page (created atimgflip.com): a photo of Rose that says “I’m Not Going Anywhere.” The post pokes fun at Radar, saying, “GNR fans sure have a Radar for BS! Love you all!”

Radar‘s story cited a “source close to the band,” who was quoted as saying, “Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas. Axl (Rose) is considering retiring and it’s done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work.”

Another source was quoted as well: “Axl has made enough money and wants to stop touring. He is considering retiring.” The band’s current Vegas residency ends on June 7.

Related: Not Fade Away: Guns N’ Roses Covers Album “The Spaghetti Incident?” Turns 20 & Is Totally Not Bad

That report contradicted what current guitarist Richard Fortus said last month, when he dropped the news that the band is working on new material.

Perhaps Rose got an added boost of confidence from the news that he’d been named the singer with the greatest vocal range, edging out Mariah Carey, Prince and Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler, among others.

The determination was made by the website ConcertHotels.com, which may make some music fans scoff, but the chart actually defends its findings via an interactive chart that cites the lowest and highest notes sung by each singer on record. In Rose’s case, the lowest was on “There Was a Time,” from GNR’s most recent album, 2008′s Chinese Democracy, and the highest was the band’s cover of the Dead Boys’ “Ain’t It Fun” from 1993′s “The Spaghetti Incident?”

Rose is the last remaining member of the band’s original lineup (although founding bassist Duff McKagan temporarily rejoined him for five shows recently).

People will talk about it regardless of the thread existing or not. It's a major event. If it hurts Ron, he should make things clear maybe? Censorship is not the way to go. People are being respectful, even those who don't really like him, me included.

Make things clear? How, if he probably can not talk about that? It is his personal life, his job, it doesn't have anything to do with us or mods or whoever is talking about that. I get what you're saying, but truth be told, and let's assume he's indeed leaving - he would have talked about that months ago if he was allowed, I'm pretty sure. If he's allowed to but does not want, he's doing that out of respect to the band and its management. He's always been brutally honest with his fans, followers and friends, even if his answer is not what we want to hear. He's transparent, he's not a liar by any means. I've got to talk to, know and meet people that had known him for several years, even decades, and believe me, he will always be honest with us.

So let the man talk about it if he feels like doing it. Meanwhile, out of respect I will not especulate whether he is leaving or not.

Don't take this personally, I'm talking to all forum members, not only to you.

Make things clear? How, if he probably can not talk about that? It is his personal life, his job, it doesn't have anything to do with us or mods or whoever is talking about that. I get what you're saying, but truth be told, and let's assume he's indeed leaving - he would have talked about that months ago if he was allowed, I'm pretty sure. If he's allowed to but does not want, he's doing that out of respect to the band and its management. He's always been brutally honest with his fans, followers and friends, even if his answer is not what we want to hear. He's transparent, he's not a liar by any means. I've got to talk to, know and meet people that had known him for several years, even decades, and believe me, he will always be honest with us.

So let the man talk about it if he feels like doing it. Meanwhile, out of respect I will not especulate whether he is leaving or not.

Don't take this personally, I'm talking to all forum members, not only to you.

I think it made it pretty obvious with his tweets in recent months, like the 2006 and 2014 photos of him and Axl together, and these:

(I'm guessing the one above came after the incident in South America that Subsy mentioned).

And of course:

• Like 1

Guys...what are we losing here?

I'm serious. Ron is a guy that playing in a touring band that plays the same 25 songs that he had nothing to do with.

He doesn't lift right out for someone else? Sure he does. Nothing fundamentally changes.

A guy who can play all of the songs, has moderate charisma, and is likeable. If he leaves we're probably going to get some 20 y/o YouTube nerd, or Axl will just drop all of the hard songs from the setlist. It's kind of a big deal tbh.

You all are over valuing Bumbles place in the band.....The band has never released any new music with Bumble so he has basically been playing covers of other guitar players riffs......The Musicians Institute cranks out shredders every year who can play the riffs Bumble plays in NuGuns so don't kid yourself if you think this guy is irreplaceable...he is just another faceless musician in Axl's backup band who can be replaced in a heartbeat and the causal fan will never notice the difference as long as Axl keeps touring the greatest hits....no disrespect to Bumble but there was nothing unique about his playing the old GnR songs...........

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 3

You have always been a total piece of shit about Ron though. So fuck off :thumbsup:

If you say so budday :lol:

I'm just trying to give the most realistic pov possible. If he really does leave, it ain't gonna matter in the long run. And it sure as shit ain't gonna have an effect on ticket sales :shrugs: