Ron leaving the band?

If Ron leaves, they'll just find another D-list shredder that 17 people are aware is alive to replace him, and nobody will bat an eye.

It's not like there's only three people on Earth who can play the Chinese stuff. It ain't Mozart. And they've been keeping that shit to a bare minimum the last 2 years anyways.

Not the end of the world here people. Calm your tits.

Yeah, but Ron is literally a guitar genius. Sure, he's a bit of a geek, but I'll take him over some 22 year old youtube prodigy or another tryhard mullet doucher any day.

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that this is the killing blow to the band, but it's very likely that the new guy will not be as skilled as Ron, and probably have next to no charisma.

It's rare on my end to see "charisma" and "Ron Thal" uttered in the same sentence. Guys pretty stiff and robotic with his playing. They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle, and it's not gonna be that hard to find one that was any less known than Ron was before he joined nu guns. And it's not like they were on the road to doing anything aside from touring with or without Ron.

If Axl had the audacity to replace Slash, and lived to tell the tale, I see replacing Ron as a total non issue. It will be business as usual.

You have always been a total piece of shit about Ron though. So fuck off :thumbsup:

If you say so budday :lol:

I'm just trying to give the most realistic pov possible. If he really does leave, it ain't gonna matter in the long run. And it sure as shit ain't gonna have an effect on ticket sales :shrugs:

That's all fine, but it doesn't change the face that you've been a cock towards him in the past

If Ron leaves, they'll just find another D-list shredder that 17 people are aware is alive to replace him, and nobody will bat an eye.

It's not like there's only three people on Earth who can play the Chinese stuff. It ain't Mozart. And they've been keeping that shit to a bare minimum the last 2 years anyways.

Not the end of the world here people. Calm your tits.

Yeah, but Ron is literally a guitar genius. Sure, he's a bit of a geek, but I'll take him over some 22 year old youtube prodigy or another tryhard mullet doucher any day.

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that this is the killing blow to the band, but it's very likely that the new guy will not be as skilled as Ron, and probably have next to no charisma.

It's rare on my end to see "charisma" and "Ron Thal" uttered in the same sentence. Guys pretty stiff and robotic with his playing. They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle, and it's not gonna be that hard to find one that was any less known than Ron was before he joined nu guns. And it's not like they were on the road to doing anything aside from touring with or without Ron.

If Axl had the audacity to replace Slash, and lived to tell the tale, I see replacing Ron as a total non issue. It will be business as usual.

You have always been a total piece of shit about Ron though. So fuck off :thumbsup:

If you say so budday :lol:

I'm just trying to give the most realistic pov possible. If he really does leave, it ain't gonna matter in the long run. And it sure as shit ain't gonna have an effect on ticket sales :shrugs:

That's all fine, but it doesn't change the face that you've been a cock towards him in the past

Not really. General fallacy though. All is forgiven. :-)

They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle

Personal preferences aside, I will provide you some info since you clearly have no knowledge whatsoever on the subject. First - the Chinese stuff is fkn hard, even for a technical guitarist. That's why you dont see many - if at all - YouTube D, C, B, A-grade shredders nailing those solos and licks. Most play their own made up bits when it comes to playing the hardest stuff. I'm not talking out of my ass, I've seen countless really technical guitarists that don't come even close to replicate Shackler's, TWAT or Riad. Chinese, Better, TWAT, Scraped, Prostitute, I.R.S.... just some songs that got some pretty insane stuff going on here and there - which YouTube shredders and real cover bands' guitarists avoid like plague. Buckethead and Ron got some insanely fast and technical tapping stuff, extemely fast and complex alternate picking runs, some fast and hard-to-replicate chicken picking stuff, ultra fast legato runs - I'm not gonna even bother to mention Ron's fretless playing and thimble stuff because it is alien to even most virtuosos. They are worldwide virtuosos for a reason, and when you've got the likes of Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, Axl, Ozzy, Dave Mustaine, Petrucci, Mattias IA Eklundh, Uli Jon Roth, Satriani, Petrucci, Malmsteen and many, many others true legends/guitar gods praising the ground you walk on, I'm pretty sure you did more than a D-grade YouTube shredder does on a daily basis. Even Slash himself acknowledged that Buckethead is an insane guitarist.

So yeah, whether you like it or not, they will not easily find someone that can play that stuff - they might dumb down or even drop songs, but play the Chinese stuff like Ron and Buckethead do? I doubt it. That's why they Axl to reach out to Satriani to find a guitarist that could handle Buckethead's extremely technical and fast playing.

They never utilized him anyway, as the only thing he's done is provide some minor last minute afterthoughts to one album. The Chinese stuff isn't that hard for an even remotely technical guitarist to handle

Personal preferences aside, I will provide you some info since you clearly have no knowledge whatsoever on the subject. First - the Chinese stuff is fkn hard, even for a technical guitarist. That's why you dont see many - if at all - YouTube D, C, B, A-grade shredders nailing those solos and licks. Most play their own made up bits when it comes to playing the hardest stuff. I'm not talking out of my ass, I've seen countless really technical guitarists that don't come even close to replicate Shackler's, TWAT or Riad. Chinese, Better, TWAT, Scraped, Prostitute, I.R.S.... just some songs that got some pretty insane stuff going on here and there - which YouTube shredders and real cover bands' guitarists avoid like plague. Buckethead and Ron got some insanely fast and technical tapping stuff, extemely fast and complex alternate picking runs, some fast and hard-to-replicate chicken picking stuff, ultra fast legato runs - I'm not gonna even bother to mention Ron's fretless playing and thimble stuff because it is alien to even most virtuosos. They are worldwide virtuosos for a reason, and when you've got the likes of Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, Axl, Ozzy, Dave Mustaine, Petrucci, Mattias IA Eklundh, Uli Jon Roth, Satriani, Petrucci, Malmsteen and many, many others true legends/guitar gods praising the ground you walk on, I'm pretty sure you did more than a D-grade YouTube shredder does on a daily basis. Even Slash himself acknowledged that Buckethead is an insane guitarist.

So yeah, whether you like it or not, they will not easily find someone that can play that stuff - they might dumb down or even drop songs, but play the Chinese stuff like Ron and Buckethead do? I doubt it. That's why they Axl to reach out to Satriani to find a guitarist that could handle Buckethead's extremely technical and fast playing.

I never said it was easy man, and maybe the parts are more complex than I'm giving credit for, but I'm just saying there are virtuosos aplenty out there. And quite a few of them can do the gig justice that are a little beyond YouTube wankery. When I said "d-list shredder", I meant in terms of relevancy, as he was pretty unknown before Axl. I'd hardly say they were "worshipping the ground he walked on". He's a technical beast no doubt, but he ain't a one and only. There's other fish in the sea.

How much does Ron's fretless playing really matter anyways? When is it that prominent in a song? Shacklers? A song they seldom play anyways? Big whoop :shrugs:.

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

uk subs, is this the same source as the 2-3 new songs?

But it was accurate with the SA tour, Vegas and USA shows.

Knowing a tour is in the works ahead of time is some good insight, however that information isn't as privileged as them doing something completely out of the ordinary, such as playing 3 new songs or Ron quitting, now is it?

Guest Gunns

Anything to shake them up is good in my book. Anything to put them on a different course would be awesome. But wouldn't it be scary if the replacement had to redo everything ron redid on the unreleased material?

the material has been raped enough over the years by additions, whats a few more smashed holes in the already bruised woman?

While there would be benefits to Ron leaving, I'd be pretty bummed. It would be a bigger blow to the band than some of you are making it out to be IMO, mainly because I don't believe Axl would be running out to replace him. If Ron leaves I think there's a real chance Axl would say 'fuck it' and stop touring... Which would be a good thing if there were some indication music was coming, but since Axl seems less motivated than ever to put out something new, what does that leave us with? It leaves either a bigger delay in new music, if it ever comes out at all, a downgrade to some other generic shredder, or..... Ashba gets even more lead parts :nervous:

IF he's leaving though, he should spend his last show playing bits of new songs to fuck with Axl. It would be hilarious. Axl: "Ladies and gentlemen, on guitar, Mr. Ron Bumblefoot Thal!". *Ron plays through The General as the band just stares at him*. When he's done he grabs the mic and goes "That was called The General, and you'll never hear it again!" :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

While there would be benefits to Ron leaving, I'd be pretty bummed. It would be a bigger blow to the band than some of you are making it out to be IMO, mainly because I don't believe Axl would be running out to replace him."

He wasted no time getting in the guitar god, Dj Ashba who offers 1/100th of the musical skill to the band that Ron does, so I think Axl would be running out looking to replace a replacement of a replacement within seconds of Ron walking out.

I never said it was easy man, and maybe the parts are more complex than I'm giving credit for, but I'm just saying there are virtuosos aplenty out there. And quite a few of them can do the gig justice that are a little beyond YouTube wankery. When I said "d-list shredder", I meant in terms of relevancy, as he was pretty unknown before Axl. I'd hardly say they were "worshipping the ground he walked on". He's a technical beast no doubt, but he ain't a one and only. There's other fish in the sea.

How much does Ron's fretless playing really matter anyways? When is it that prominent in a song? Shacklers? A song they seldom play anyways? Big whoop :shrugs:.

Shackler's, Scraped, Chinese, Riad & the breakdown in Better. How was he irrelevant when most, if not all of those people that praised *both* of them did way before Axl's call? When I said you had little to no knowledge on the subject I wasn't being harsh, I did because both of them were quite relevant on the virtuoso/progressive scene and top musicians were well aware of them and their work before Axl's call. I did not drop those names out of nowhere, they showed admiration to Bucket, Ron or both before they got the GnR gig. If you meant pop culture, yes, both of them were irrelevant. But since we're talking about music, would you really care about some average joe that finds Bieber the best young musician on the planet or that voted One Direction the world's best band? Not really. They make songs and albums for those who matter, those who enjoy that style. I often mention Shawn Lane because he was never popular outside of guitar circles yet he's widely heralded as the greatest guitarist that walked on earth, a man that could hold a candle to the greatest musicians of the past.

Axl will find someone, yeah. I never said it was impossible, but took them quite a while to find someone able to replace Bucket, now they have to find one that can replicate Bucket's and Ron's bits.

Of course I believe Axl will go for the easy route - drop and dumb down the hardest Chinese songs, call someone that will be happy to get the gig and go on.

IF he's leaving though, he should spend his last show playing bits of new songs to fuck with Axl. It would be hilarious. Axl: "Ladies and gentlemen, on guitar, Mr. Ron Bumblefoot Thal!". *Ron plays through The General as the band just stares at him*. When he's done he grabs the mic and goes "That was called The General, and you'll never hear it again!" :lol:

Wonder if that's along the lines of what he was doing at 3:30...

• Like 1

Those who are bashing UK Subs really have no clue about how journalism works. Behind the scenes info that is not supposed to be made public will always arrive on an off the record basis. As in, the source is only confident enough to pass it on because it knows it will have the identity preserved. The person who told UK Subs about Ron probably only did so under that condition, and would probably never give him any further info if he posted the name here, for shitloads of people.

Also, plans such as playing 2-3 new songs or leaving a band sometimes fail to materialize. People talk, change their minds and their intentions. uou can sometimes get info and confirm it with 3, 4, 5 credible sources, quote them on the record and then what everybody said does not happen. Such is life.

I'd much rather have access to any exclusive info and take it as it is, not as a certainty, than to only read "Axl is in a great mood, making jokes and singed (insert part of song) with rasp" or Ashba's absolutely delusional interviews everyday.

• Like 2

Wonder if that's along the lines of what he was doing at 3:30...

That's definatly Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

This gossip wagon roundup routine is getting old.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Where there is smoke, there may be only mirrors.

• Like 2