Ron leaving the band?

For me, it has only been a matter of time ever since his "Fuck GNR" shenanigans.

The way he braved through that one tour with a fucked up spine, or whatever it was, oh my god. that was some superman-class shit right there. So total props to bumble for that one, will never forget it. and will always reference it when I think of crazy and extreme shit people have done for their life in music.

Otherwise I completely understand his anxieties and misgivings towards the band/management/axl. He is an intelligent and an artistic adult man. I completely understand why he hates being kept completely in the dark with whatever there is left of this band. It just makes him look like a fool whenever he is interviewed and asked about guns. He has kept a good face for most of the time with the occasional mishaps and such happening, ultimately though, he has too much self respect to not hate his position as an employee on a payroll, doing what he is told and being kept out of the loop and so on.

I think he would have been happy if he could have felt like he was a member of band, a guitarist and an artist here.

But that was too much to ask.

Sad, really.

For me, it has only been a matter of time ever since his "Fuck GNR" shenanigans.

This has been something that has been misinterpreted by a fair amount of people. When he said that, he was getting mercilessly trolled with stupid GNR questions that everyone knew he couldn't answer. So, being the New Yorker he is, he put a pin in the conversation by saying "fuck GNR".

It reminds me of one time I crashed a new year's party with a buddy of mine. The party was at this guy's house and he had basically turned it into a shrine to The Beatles. My buddy and I were uninvited (we tangentially knew another guest), loaded and pestering this guy with probably inane questions about The Beatles. He finally had enough and said "fuck the Beatles". Did he mean he all of a sudden hated the Beatles? No, he was just done with us.

I can already hear this board going crazy, "bring back ron" "bumblefoot was the greatest" he will achieve legendary status by leaving.

It would be ironic if axl announced a new album (or plans for one) immediately after his departure.

Something has to give here this band isn't going anywhere in its current status. Is axl not creatively motivated by these guys? does he not have confidence in them to make an album? we know he's heard whatever they have to contribute maybe he doesn't think they are up to snuff? I'll be bummed if this puts axl out of commission and back into hiding, but if this is what it takes to move things forward I'm all for it.

I can already hear this board going crazy, "bring back ron" "bumblefoot was the greatest" he will achieve legendary status by leaving.

It would be ironic if axl announced a new album (or plans for one) immediately after his departure.

Something has to give here this band isn't going anywhere in its current status. Is axl not creatively motivated by these guys? does he not have confidence in them to make an album? we know he's heard whatever they have to contribute maybe he doesn't think they are up to snuff? I'll be bummed if this puts axl out of commission and back into hiding, but if this is what it takes to move things forward I'm all for it.

I think the problem is Axl. Either confidence, motivation, no material, ..combination of that plus more?...

Since new guns started, he has arguably, had better musicians at his disposal (albeit being technically better doesn't mean you can create better music of course). He's failed to create music with two bands worth of individually talented musicians. That says something, he is the one consistent.

Maybe he has real shit management techniques and can't organise anything as well.

DJ aside as I don't rate him, or his music. But I'd imagine, Fortus, Stintson, Bumble, would jump at the chance to hang out and write songs (and bring songs into sessions) for GNR. Add Axl on top with some tinkering and a decent producer, and you'd have a solid rock album imo (running the risk / fine line of potentially being a somewhat cheesy rock album tho). He can't even get that done, which is mental, and says to me he is the issue (whatever those issues are).

NuGnR died the day Bucket left and the lid was nailed shut on its rotting corpse when Robin fucked off.

Shite.
As a genuine creative entity I don't know how you can argue against that man. :shrugs:

NuGnR died the day Bucket left and the lid was nailed shut on its rotting corpse when Robin fucked off.

Shite.
As a genuine creative entity I don't know how you can argue against that man. :shrugs:

I wouldn't say that Bucket or Robin leaving rendered GNR incapable of being a good creative force. If the 2006 (or even the current) line up were actually given the chance to be a creative entity then I'd be extremely interested in what they could do. I think there's enough talent in there that it could be music I'd really enjoy... It's just Axl's apparent antipathy towards letting this be a normal band that seems to be standing in the way (though, with the complete lack of transparency as to what goes on behind the scenes with Guns, that's just speculation).

Shite.

I wouldn't say that Bucket or Robin leaving rendered GNR incapable of being a good creative force. If the 2006 (or even the current) line up were actually given the chance to be a creative entity then I'd be extremely interested in what they could do. I think there's enough talent in there that it could be music I'd really enjoy... It's just Axl's apparent antipathy towards letting this be a normal band that seems to be standing in the way (though, with the complete lack of transparency as to what goes on behind the scenes with Guns, that's just speculation).
My point is that Axl simply lost interest in creating new music at that point thus rendering any future lineups null and void from a creative point of view. Edited by Dazey

Shite.

My point is that Axl simply lost interest in creating new music at that point thus rendering any future lineups null and void from a creative point of view.

I was going to agree but then i remembered that he does have completed songs, like Going Down, Atlas...etc. So, he doesn't really need to be bothered to create any more music, it's just why won't he release it? He's got Caram to produce it and the label to put it out there. That's always confused me about Axl.

Shite.

My point is that Axl simply lost interest in creating new music at that point thus rendering any future lineups null and void from a creative point of view.

You do make it sound like it was as though the band became completely worthless from when Bucket left though, and that's not true. The rest of the band can't be held responsible for Axl's attitude, they were still a musical force to be reckoned with.

Shite.

You do make it sound like it was as though the band became completely worthless from when Bucket left though, and that's not true. The rest of the band can't be held responsible for Axl's attitude, they were still a musical force to be reckoned with.
But nothing more than a (very good) glorified cover band.
  • Like 2

Guest Gunns

Wasn't Rons contract up for renewal this year? I remember reading that in a post on another forum a while back, maybe Ron used this time to contemplate his future in the band and just decided not to sign on post residency

Guest Gunns

Te Boys & Girls Clubs of America in Las Vegas. Dizzy ReedRichard FortusFrank Ferrer Dj ASHBA™ Katarina Benzova Photography

From their facebook page

10372098_10152419665588069_4090194484505

No Bumblefoot?