Ron leaving the band?

Forget Gn'R, how will this effect Blowout NYC? Will Frank and Chris have to get a scab to fill in for Ron?

I liked their WTTJ mix on Vimeo :headbang:

Hope Bumble doesn't leave, but wish him all the best if he does part ways with Guns.

Not worthy of its own topic but something I've been wondering re: BBF. Is "Glad To Be Here" his sarcastic opinion of being in GNR? eg:-

When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy

Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds

I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now

But I find the strength to smile somehow

And say... I'm so glad to be here

The video on Youtube has the GNR logo in it, but I think this was actually used as his backdrop on previous tours?

I'm so glad to be here I could slit my fucking wrist

[...]

I wake up every morning wishing God would strike me dead

I've always thought it was about being in GNR, and after reading the interview posted earlier in this thread it kinda confirms it for me. I'm not really familiar with Bumbles solo albums though, has he ever said what this song is about?

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

This gossip wagon roundup routine is getting old.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Where there is smoke, there may be only mirrors.

Axl?
  • Like 2

Oh come on, Ron will NEVER make this much money ever again in his life.

If he wisely invested and saved up his earnings, perhaps he could leave. But damn, he's no better than any Giutar Center old dude shredder, and he knows it. If he has any sense (and clearly he does), then he won't be going anywhere.

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Axl?

or Warchild.

• Like 2

Sure, but at the same time he won't have to deal with the comlete clown circus that is Guns N' Roses. IMO I can see that being a decent trade off

If he wisely invested and saved up his earnings, perhaps he could leave. But damn, he's no better than any Giutar Center old dude shredder, and he knows it. If he has any sense (and clearly he does), then he won't be going anywhere.

You're ridiculously fucking wrong.

Guest Gunns

sack stinson and dj, hire duff back and tell bumblefoot to make a rant on twitter and get it out of his system so he is back to his normal self.

sack stinson and dj, hire duff back and tell bumblefoot to make a rant on twitter and get it out of his system so he is back to his normal self.

Here's why this is a problem --- highly doubtful Duff wants to be known as a hired hand of NuGuns.

Sad if true.

Just get rid of DJ, and have Bumble & Fortus lead the way. Absolutely no need for 3 guitarists, and certainly no need for DJ....when the likes of Fortus can do it better, with more style, soul, passion and originality.

I;m all for a shake up, as this band is at it's lowest currently. Getting rid of Bumble......i don't think is right. Axl should look at himself long and hard in the mirror first (or perhaps, listen to his performances of late, first n' foremost).

I've always been a strong supporter of the vision I thought Axl had of what Guns should be in the 2000's and 2010's

But :

- Letting Bucket go

- letting Fink go

- letting BBF go

All that because the management does not push Axl to actually release music...

Man that's driving me crazy...

I hope that if he leaves, it's for the better for him career-wise

• Like 1

Axl?

More like a wannabe-Axl

All that because the management does not push Axl to actually release music...

Why do you think the management has got anything to do with the situation and that it isn't entirely Axl's decision?

because it's the management's job to push Axl to do something with GnR?

Leave, Ron. Integrity is first. You have my support.

This. Ron has been the best thing about GnR for many years now. He seems like a great Bloke and his skills are unsurpassed. Move on Ron.

Your'e wasting years of your life if creating new music for public enjoyment/consumption is a goal in your life. Good luck if you do move on :-)

Guest Gunns

Leave, Ron. Integrity is first. You have my support.

This. Ron has been the best thing about GnR for many years now. He seems like a great Bloke and his skills are unsurpassed. Move on Ron.

Your'e wasting years of your life if creating new music for public enjoyment/consumption is a goal in your life. Good luck if you do move on :-)

Agreed, GnR are going no where, and Ron would be smart to move on.