Ron leaving the band?

This reminds me of a moderator years ago who insisted the information she got was right & it was all over the internet in no time.

Now another moderator has come on with inside information from a source and again it's all over the internet now that Ron is leaving, I notice anyone asking him about it is being ignored.

Does this mean Axl will be on here shortly with another of his "Madison posts" to UK Subs for spreading rumours regardless of whether they are true or not?

I can imagine the camp will be searching for the source of this information and when they find out who leaked information they will be looking for a new job very fast.

• Like 1

Tbf, no one in the GNR camp seems to have a clue about the movie. In the interview with the Argentinian radio station at the beginning of April, Tom Mayhue said he believed it was already out.

This reminds me of a moderator years ago who insisted the information she got was right & it was all over the internet in no time.

Now another moderator has come on with inside information from a source and again it's all over the internet now that Ron is leaving, I notice anyone asking him about it is being ignored.

Does this mean Axl will be on here shortly with another of his "Madison posts" to UK Subs for spreading rumours regardless of whether they are true or not?

I can imagine the camp will be searching for the source of this information and when they find out who leaked information they will be looking for a new job very fast.

Erm... What are you talking about? *confused*

Regardless whether they're true or not? So you'd rather i'd have kept this to myself REGARDLESS of whether or not it's true? Like..... For real!?! Ha.

I can see it now :( :( "UK subs you fucking lo life, no shine, gay, good for nothing, bastard!! Fuck you for telling the truth" - Axl.

I'm doomed :(

I believe the source 100%!! Will it happen? How the fuck would I know? Lol

honestly, the guy was just giving us some info he got from a source he considered reliable enough to pass it along. The writting has been on the wall for BBF's exit for a long timeeee ago

THANK YOU!
  • Like 1

Tbf, no one in the GNR camp seems to have a clue about the movie. In the interview with the Argentinian radio station at the beginning of April, Tom Mayhue said he believed it was already out.

lol Tom Mayhue

If he is indeed leaving, and if he did not want to talk about it publicly, he has his own reasons. It'll probably hurt him and the band's image because people are talking about it and spreading rumors while Vegas is happening. So yes, I find this thread disrespectful and it should be closed, unless he is OK witht this - which I believe he isn't. That's all.

This gossip wagon roundup routine is getting old.

I get that it's business to want to direct traffic to a website you own, operate and profit from, but at who's expense and at what cost?

People interested in GNR come here, or are directed here by some search engine looking for real updates and honest information, only to find this cloak and dagger, deceptive, half-baked BS perpetrated by an admin on this site.

To drum up traffic at the band's expense is disingenuous, and dishonest, it reeks of exploitation.

The internet communities are rife and filled with fake-insider misinformation and granted, some are privvy to different levels of real information, some are more connected than others, without mentioning names, but there is this thing known as discretion and respect which is being overlooked by far too many entities.

I don't get promoting a site and chasing down as well as publishing info at any cost mindset, people are being played and manipulated here as well as other places. I'm honestly trying to figure out whether they simply don't see that, or are happily prancing down the garden path and not only going along with the game, but fueling the fires for whatever reason.

Where there is smoke, there may be only mirrors.

oh, man. i can't believe i accidentally approved warchild's account.

sorry guys, mistake fixed. ;)

The lack of communication in Axl's life is the reason for a lot of the problems. Axl let's too many people control his life.

The Axl retirement story might be true. I don't see Axl doing much after this residency. I think he's done. The fact that GNR's twitter said this was false means nothing. There is no communication among GNR.

I expect Axl to just walk out quietly. I expect Ron to walk away quietly. This whole thing is going to end quietly. No big announcement. This isn't the early 2000's. Axl recognizes nobody cares enough to make anything official. The band will just stop receiving phone calls and like the old days the checks will stop coming. Axl has been good at disappearing he will have no problem doing it again and Ron will keep doing his thing. I just expect a very silent ending to this band.

• Like 2

The lack of communication in Axl's life is the reason for a lot of the problems. Axl let's too many people control his life.

The Axl retirement story might be true. I don't see Axl doing much after this residency. I think he's done. The fact that GNR's twitter said this was false means nothing. There is no communication among GNR.

I expect Axl to just walk out quietly. I expect Ron to walk away quietly. This whole thing is going to end quietly. No big announcement. This isn't the early 2000's. Axl recognizes nobody cares enough to make anything official. The band will just stop receiving phone calls and like the old days the checks will stop coming. Axl has been good at disappearing he will have no problem doing it again and Ron will keep doing his thing. I just expect a very silent ending to this band.

I just hope he takes some time off to sort out the obvious mess the band has become and cut out the leeches.

If bumblefoot is really that upset with GnR, perhaps he should trick Axl into signing over the rights to the band. Then Bumblefoot can become the supreme leader of GnR, fire everyone (except Frank would probably be Bumblefoot's Dizzy), then go into hiding for 8 years, then come out with a new lineup and create a new GnR album called "Appetite for Hot Sauce".

Tracklist:

Chinese with Hot Sauce

Tabasco's Revenge

Hotter

Street of Fire

If You Hurl

There was a Sauce

Have it on some rye bread

Scrape your plate (when you're done)

Pepper's n' the Jar Again

Spicy

H.O.T.

Mexico

Spicy I Love

Jalapenos

• Like 4

Erm... What are you talking about? *confused*

Regardless whether they're true or not? So you'd rather i'd have kept this to myself REGARDLESS of whether or not it's true? Like..... For real!?! Ha.

I can see it now :( :( "UK subs you fucking lo life, no shine, gay, good for nothing, bastard!! Fuck you for telling the truth" - Axl.

I'm doomed :(

I believe the source 100%!! Will it happen? How the fuck would I know? Lol

honestly, the guy was just giving us some info he got from a source he considered reliable enough to pass it along. The writting has been on the wall for BBF's exit for a long timeeee ago

THANK YOU!

LOL Subs, at least Dexter won't call you a lesbian!!

I was referring to Madison of course, you know that as you quoted the post Axl made to her for giving information that may or may not be true (seemed like it depended on what venue you were at).

No you're not doomed, but maybe your punishment will be to replace BBF so you've got very little time to learn guitar if you don't play & to learn those songs before the next tour. Get a move on, I'll get your autograph when you tour Australia next. :headbang:

I just hope he takes some time off to sort out the obvious mess the band has become and cut out the leeches.

Well that's another problem in itself. Everyone is a leech once you become rich and famous. The only people that Axl can feel comfortable around is Duff, Izzy, Slash, and Steven.

Axl might not return after this next break. His voice isn't consistent enough, his band is uninspiring, and he's too old and tired to do it again.

I know everyone feels Axl has dragged this band along and become a nostalgic act. But if he quits after this then it will be the right time. I'll consider that he recognized that the band wasn't going anywhere and he quit trying to drag it out for more money.

The ship has sailed on Axl's career and I think that's why Ron will quit at this time. He's around Axl more than we are. If he quits then he recognizes the quit in Axl.

This is going to make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

This. With no plans for a new album, it is irrelevant. I'm not a particular fan of Bumble's lead work(although he has amazing talent) and I think most of his Guns solos are not great so I won't be disappointed if he leaves. Would LOVE for Bucket to come back but that is not happening.

This is going to make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Sad but true.

I do like his additions live but at this point the band has pretty much gotten stale with the same old concerts and they have run this routine down to the ground yet GNR keeps insisting on not doing anything new. It isn't like we will hear a new album anytime soon that BBF would be featured on