Would this EP tide you over until the next album?

If GnR released this EP next month, how long would it hold you over until getting anxious again about the CD follow-up?

I guess the point or question is why not just throw some stuff out there. Be a perfectionist, wait a decade or 20 years before releasing your masterpiece, etc. But why not in the middle of that, occasionally releasing an EP for the fans to enjoy?

What would you all think of this EP? How long would it tied you over?

Live Side

Catcher

Better

Twat

Yesterdays

Studio

OMG

Seeker

Riff Raff

One brand new song - don't even have to go into the legendary top-secret vault of songs (general, thyme, soulmonster, etc) - just pick the best song of the 12 that Ashba says he turned in.

A week in the studio and that album would be finished.

lolno

I'd take a mix of new versions and remixes with a couple of new tracks, couple of covers...

Jackie Chan

Shacklers Remix

Better Dj

Going Down

This I Love

Blood in the Water

The Seeker

Ballad of Death

Oh My God

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

Sailing

I'd take a mix of new versions and remixes with a couple of new tracks, couple of covers...

Jackie Chan

Shacklers Remix

Better Dj

Going Down

This I Love

Blood in the Water

The Seeker

Ballad of Death

Oh My God

Silkworms

Atlas Shrugged

Sailing

I'd take that, throw Rosie on and it's right

I have ZERO interest in remixes and live versions of songs from the Chinese Democracy album.

Only want "new" as in unheard music at this point, I'd make an exception for studio Silkworms.

I guess the unfucked with/pre Ron and Frank versions of the CD songs would be cool, but that wouldn't constitute "tiding me over"

I sincerely hope that Shackler's remix never ever sees the light of day.

I kinda wish they'd release studio quality versions of CITR and IRS from 1999. 2 new songs, Going Down, TIL, CITR w/ Brian May - that'd be enough. Throw in '99 IRS and OMG w/ Bucket as a bonus download or something, just to be nice. ( :lol:)

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

I don't need a tide me over ep or anything because I truly don't care whether he releases anything new or not. Honestly at this point the only thing that would excite me would be a reunion album. Seeing them play ive together would be alright but I'd want a reunion album. So this ep woudln't interest me one bit.

But like a Lies 2 format

G side

Chi dem Live

Scraped live

SOD live

TIL live

R-side

Better acoustic

Catcher acoustic

Riad acoustic

IRS acoustic

7 years after CD's release and failure and this would be Axl's followup? Worst possible idea ever. This would be something that could have been released as a bonus disc to CD when it was released in 2008 not in 2015. And it would have sucked then too

Axl has to move as far the fuck away from CD as possible not release shitty live versions of shitty songs that sucked 7 years ago and shitty acoustic versions of shitty songs released 7 years ago.

Edited by Sixes
  • Like 3

To add to what sixes has just posted, Axl should fucking retire this lame, sorry, tired excuse for "the most dangerous band in the world." The most dangerous thing about this band is the damage Ashba could cause to his sight with a mis-placed mascara application.

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 1

But like a Lies 2 format

G side

Chi dem Live

Scraped live

SOD live

TIL live

R-side

Better acoustic

Catcher acoustic

Riad acoustic

IRS acoustic

7 years after CD's release and failure and this would be Axl's followup? Worst possible idea ever. This would be something that could have been released as a bonus disc to CD when it was released in 2008 not in 2015. And it would have sucked then too

Axl has to move as far the fuck away from CD as possible not release shitty live versions of shitty songs that sucked 7 years ago and shitty acoustic versions of shitty songs released 7 years ago.

To your post I say amen, to your post I say alright, alright, alright.

The General is the song I want the most

Why? You don't know what it sounds like. Building this type of hype is what sank Chinese Democracy into a shithole.

I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just using your post as reference.

It didn't sank Chinese Democracy among the hardcore fans on the Guns forums. When Better leaked I remember most people were blown away. There Was A Time as well. And Catcher.

Edited by Rovim

Why? You don't know what it sounds like. Building this type of hype is what sank Chinese Democracy into a shithole.

It didn't sank Chinese Democracy among the hardcore fans on the Guns forums. When Better came out I remember most people were blown away. There Was A Time as well. And Catcher.

Yeah, I know some people do love the album. Unfortunately, hardcore fans on Gn'R forums are not general consensus of any sort.

It didn't sank Chinese Democracy among the hardcore fans on the Guns forums. When Better came out I remember most people were blown away. There Was A Time as well. And Catcher.

Yeah, I know some people do love the album. Unfortunately, hardcore fans on Gn'R forums are not general consensus of any sort.

Too late now for general acceptence for Axl and new Guns. He has the option to release more albums and tour behind them. It took him too much time to move forward.

Too late now for general acceptence for Axl and new Guns. He has the option to release more albums and tour behind them. It took him too much time to move forward.

Agreed.

He doesn't even need an album or albums, he just needs a new song. Release it and perform it or perform it and then release it, who gives a shit, either way your fans will be happy.

Agreed.

He doesn't even need an album or albums, he just needs a new song. Release it and perform it or perform it and then release it, who gives a shit, either way your fans will be happy.

It's hard to say how much Axl truly cares about his fans getting more then one album every 10 years. I think his main goal is to release albums he is satisfied with artistically and I'm guessing when the time comes for a release, he'll want it to be in the right conditions.

It makes the process long and difficult to achieve and that's something that is probably never going to change given the fact there is no one above Axl when it comes to the important decisions. He controls everything so the way his band operates is fucked up.

Latest Axl achievement: losing a guitar player that was 8 years in the band and basically wasn't allowed to be a real part of the band.

Edited by Rovim

I wouldn't release Lies 2 but I thought that was the OP question. But earlier I did a more 12 tracks of new material, remixes and covers which I would release if a stop gap is what they are thinking. Nice to see so much passion for not releasing stuff though. 2022.

Why is there a need for a stop gap after 7 years? After 7 years, there should be ALBUMS worth of material to release not some 4 song ep of 15 year old songs. And these albums should be of songs that have been written in the last few years, not bullshit hyped songs like The General that for some reason fans think is a masterpiece based on the title alone! And how long is this stop gap for? A new album would then be released a month later? 2 months later? Of course not. There would be no new album. It would just cause fans to think there was a new album imminent when instead, Axl would then do the Chinese Democracy EP tour for the next 8 years.

Edited by Sixes