Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

If a reunion still leads to new music, then great. I don't think there's gonna be a reunion though, at least not more than one show, I don't think Axl would want to handle the pressure of a full tour. I think best case scenario is a hybrid line-up with Slash, probably Duff, but keeping Dizzy, Richard and Frank around and having Slash on only most of the next album (I'd bet Axl would want to mix in a couple CD leftover songs).

Jarmo aside a lot of the anti reunion folks were kids who weren't around for the real deal. It was much easier for them to accept whatever Axl had going on as the "real GnR" because they didn't get to see what us older folks did. Reading magazine articles and watching YouTube videos isn't the same as being around for it. I agree that IF a reunion happens,the backpedaling alone from some of these kids will be hilarious. If only this friendship could've taken place before the RNRHOF but better late than never.

Maybe, just maybe if they do reunite this is the better way for it to happen. RRHOF would've been awesome but it would've been a massive spotlight. The spotlight will be huge regardless but maybe a live televised event isn't and wasn't the way to go. If this is happening behid the scenes with no foreseeable event for them to play at then it can happen organically. I'd have loved to see it at the RRHOF but maybe if it happens this way, slowly and happily rather than rushed and forced and loaded with pressure(sounds like I'm writing smut haha) we might actually get new Slash and Axl music. Who knows. Will be really interesting when more media outlets pick this up.

If a reunion still leads to new music, then great. I don't think there's gonna be a reunion though, at least not more than one show, I don't think Axl would want to handle the pressure of a full tour. I think best case scenario is a hybrid line-up with Slash, probably Duff, but keeping Dizzy, Richard and Frank around and having Slash on only most of the next album (I'd bet Axl would want to mix in a couple CD leftover songs).

Nobody wants that though. I can't see Slash "contributing" to Axl's GnR. It's either Guns N' Fuckin' Roses or it's not and Slash won't be part of a fake version of HIS band.

I think a small club tour could totally work even for Axl. They could reunite by playing 6 shows at The Troubadour(first place they ever played) on the west coast, then play 6 shows at the Ritz on the east coast. Take a month off, record one new song then do like a 15 date theatre tour across the States. It would be the ideal way for them to reunite. Low key, grass roots kinda thing and it would allow them to build some old chemistry back and then after that make an album. If it goes down that's how it should happen.

• Like 1

Of course it is not edited. Aftonbladet is the biggest newspaper in sweden, they would never edit something like that

Good to know. But don't say it like the rest of us had no justification to question it or that we're all versed with the massive global popularity and credibility of Aftonbladet hahaha!

It wasnt ment to be an rude answer and I understand that you can doubt it but aftonbladet has big credibilty in sweden and they would never blow it on editing an interview with slash.

Disagree. Aftonbladet is not credible.

"The journalistic quality of Aftonbladet has sometimes been questioned. In late 2006, the newspaper's own journalist Peter Kadhammar directed criticism at the fact that his own paper appears to treat the love life of Swedish tabloid celebrity Linda Rosing as equally important to the war in Iraq."

En undersökning från 2013 genomförd av SOM-institutet visar att endast en av fem tillfrågade svenskar har förtroende för Aftonbladet samt att 38 procent har lågt förtroende för tidningen.

"A survey in 2013 conducted by the SOM Institute shows that only one out of five Swedes have confidence in Aftonbladet and that 38 percent have little confidence in the newspaper."

Edited by CheapJon

Jarmo aside a lot of the anti reunion folks were kids who weren't around for the real deal. It was much easier for them to accept whatever Axl had going on as the "real GnR" because they didn't get to see what us older folks did. Reading magazine articles and watching YouTube videos isn't the same as being around for it. I agree that IF a reunion happens,the backpedaling alone from some of these kids will be hilarious. If only this friendship could've taken place before the RNRHOF but better late than never.

Maybe, just maybe if they do reunite this is the better way for it to happen. RRHOF would've been awesome but it would've been a massive spotlight. The spotlight will be huge regardless but maybe a live televised event isn't and wasn't the way to go. If this is happening behid the scenes with no foreseeable event for them to play at then it can happen organically. I'd have loved to see it at the RRHOF but maybe if it happens this way, slowly and happily rather than rushed and forced and loaded with pressure(sounds like I'm writing smut haha) we might actually get new Slash and Axl music. Who knows. Will be really interesting when more media outlets pick this up.

Good points. If there is no reunion,I won't even hold out hope for a Slash onstage appearance at a GnR version number whatever show. Playing one song with Slash would create huge news and massive demand for the AFD/UYI lineups. It will be hilarious to watch the anti Slash brigade get in line to kiss his ass. How one could even call themselves a GnR fan while bashing Slash is beyond me.

Slash says he's friends with Axl and everybody jumps into reunion hapening.

Just because they're in talking terms / being civilized doesn't means that they're pals again and playing together.

What's new? Marc had already said in the past that they're in talking terms, allowing the other to release original GN'R songs on their own current projects (live DVDs,...).

Slash is preparing the Conspirators 3rd album, Axl is busy in the studio as he showed some months ago on his twitter pic, Duff has his own projects going,...

• Like 1

Of course it is not edited. Aftonbladet is the biggest newspaper in sweden, they would never edit something like that

Good to know. But don't say it like the rest of us had no justification to question it or that we're all versed with the massive global popularity and credibility of Aftonbladet hahaha!

It wasnt ment to be an rude answer and I understand that you can doubt it but aftonbladet has big credibilty in sweden and they would never blow it on editing an interview with slash.

"The journalistic quality of Aftonbladet has sometimes been questioned. In late 2006, the newspaper's own journalist Peter Kadhammar directed criticism at the fact that his own paper appears to treat the love life of Swedish tabloid celebrity Linda Rosing as equally important to the war in Iraq."

En undersökning från 2013 genomförd av SOM-institutet visar att endast en av fem tillfrågade svenskar har förtroende för Aftonbladet samt att 38 procent har lågt förtroende för tidningen.

"A survey in 2013 conducted by the SOM Institute shows that only one out of five Swedes have confidence in Aftonbladet and that 38 percent have little confidence in the newspaper."

Aftonbladet can report on stuff that is tabloid material - however it isn't a newspaper that would edit video to get more clicks. It's by far the most popular newsportal in Sweden. The video is legit if it's on this site.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/SE

What's new? Marc had already said in the past that they're in talking terms, allowing the other to release original GN'R songs on their own current projects (live DVDs,...).

He never said they were on talking terms. What you describe is business which with what you describe, is advantageous for both sides and isn't relevant to them being "friends."

• Like 1

Like all newspapers they want to sell as many newspapers as possible but I find it very hard to belive that they would edit an interview with slash. If you live in sweden you probably agree

Nobody wants that though. I can't see Slash "contributing" to Axl's GnR. It's either Guns N' Fuckin' Roses or it's not and Slash won't be part of a fake version of HIS band.

I think a small club tour could totally work even for Axl. They could reunite by playing 6 shows at The Troubadour(first place they ever played) on the west coast, then play 6 shows at the Ritz on the east coast. Take a month off, record one new song then do like a 15 date theatre tour across the States. It would be the ideal way for them to reunite. Low key, grass roots kinda thing and it would allow them to build some old chemistry back and then after that make an album. If it goes down that's how it should happen.

Fargin Bastydges mini tour.

Like all newspapers they want to sell as many newspapers as possible but I find it very hard to belive that they would edit an interview with slash. If you live in sweden you probably agree

I'm not saying this video is edited. I'm saying that Aftonbladet is not credible. That's common knowledge. You would know that if you live in Sweden. ;)

Does Axl know they're friends again?

This I would be interested in.

Definitely the most positive old Guns news in a while but I'm keeping the champagne on ice until Axl pipes up.

Hard to imagine Axl saying anything. They'll reunite and everyone else will do the talking, they;ll plan a tour, then Axl will show up out of shape and suck, the tour will be cut short then Axl will release some bullshit letter how he didn't know about the tour, didn't have time to prepare and was forced to tour and how the motives for it all had nothing to do with art but only for other people's agendas and the almighty dollar.

That's probably how it will go :lol: