Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Shut up and take my money!

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Can't remember CD having much in its favor.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

Compared to CDII or whatever you guys call it, CD had a lot of push.

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad. CD:II has to be promoted physically by Axl, although the pressure this time around won't be as harsh and the huge investment this time around the cd booklet folk need to use spell checker. They didn't spend 13 million to produce 14 tracks. I'm interested in what remains.

Why do you continue to lie about the sales total?

The label isn't interested in a possible CDII. They learned their lesson with 1 and were lucky to get their money back. Most fans don't care to hear it and the label knows it. You won't be hearing a CDII from the nugnr lineups.

Dollar stores don't deal with that kind of customer. Nothing is in CDII's favor.

Wut?

It being one of, if not the most anticipated album since the mid 90's from GNR/Axl?

Or that it was carrying a 13 million dollar price tag that only fueled the anticipation?

True. 6-7 million worldwide sold is not bad. CD:II has to be promoted physically by Axl, although the pressure this time around won't be as harsh and the huge investment this time around the cd booklet folk need to use spell checker. They didn't spend 13 million to produce 14 tracks. I'm interested in what remains.

Why do you continue to lie about the sales total?

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/axl-rose-net-worth/

Read this and where it says earnings, it states it sold 6.5 million. I know the link to the site and info is possibly bullshit but who knows...if its true though and those figures are correct and Axl's payday from CD is correct then..its not a bad chuck of change from a flop eh.

The fight between Rusty and wkuk is more boring than a GNR setlist in the past few years.....

Normally i wouldn't call out this one, but literally every second thread ruined by you two

Just stop pls

:blink:

This is the only topic. Try the ignore feature if it bothers you so much. I can speak for both of us when I say we do not care if you're bored.

Lol, tool

Dur hur.

Edited by Rustycage

Record sales means something to the record company that invests in your record.

If you're releasing material noone cares about and touring with a band people aren't interested in when compared to the alternative AND giving pathetic performances, you can bet that the label isn't anxious to go through another weak release and front a tour where the audience numbers are dwindling.

If you're releasing material noone cares about and touring with a band people aren't interested in when compared to the alternative AND giving pathetic performances, you can bet that the label isn't anxious to go through another weak release and front a tour where the audience numbers are dwindling.

The label will support the release of a new record if they believe they will earn money as a result. Whether YOU think the last release was "weak" and think the audiences are dwindling, will have no affect on them. They have their own analytics judging the money spent and the expected return, and will be able to make that decision without subjective opinions from internet dilettantes.

Yeah? When is the next record coming out? What about the rumble about how they wanted the next album to come out in '10 but something got in the way?

I know you love to argue about anything and everything but you're wrong. The label does not care about another nugnr record since the public also does not care.

They don't care to front your tour if there isn't a demand and the demand has been going down. Past management and the label have wanted a reunion and worked towards it because they know where the money is. If the next album completes the record contract, they give away all leverage. They aren't stupid enough to settle for peanuts just because "it's money" when the bigger payday is what they really want(a possible reunion tour and album).

They were LUCKY to recoup their expenses for CD with the Best Buy deal. Considering the headache that is Axl, no fool is anxious to piss away their leverage and go through hell over, at best, a small reward. Face it, no one of major importance is in the market for the Axl Rose Show.

I think an honestly great reunion album with strong sales would sell a few million over time. It'd have to be a great album though. Not a decent album. And it would need strong singles

The money will be in the tour and they won't even have to promote it. The news headlines will be spitting GNR Reunion all over the place. The album would be more of like icing on the cake.

I agree. IMO it would have to better Contraband & CD in terms of quality material, sales & general interest. Won't be easy, Contraband was pretty successful and CD wasn't a complete failure so if they do record another album it's got to knock it out of the park.

I know you love to argue about anything and everything but you're wrong. The label does not care about another nugnr record since the public also does not care.

With all respect, I trust the label's analysis of this, not yours :D.

As for the public not caring. I doubt one of the most-selling bands of 2008/2009 would have zero market in 2015 (CD sold in top-50, didn't it?). Sure, EVERYBODY sells less records these days (as they did in 2008), and there might not be much money in it for anyone, but since labels keep backing bands that sell much less than what GN'R did with CD, I don't really think that is a problem. Just my opinion.

Sales are in the toilet. Rock or Bust sold half of Black Ice on release. Not sure there's even Wal Mart deals anymore.

Even a reunion record isnt going to sell anything much. But the tour has some numbers attached which would get most interested.

But if record sales arent an issue why not put out CD II and sign Slash, Izzy and Duff up for the tour. Win win.

If after that they are into recording thats cool. But them firing up Pretty Tied up would probably set the venue on fire.

I still think that's the smart move- release CD II and reunion tour- and kill two birds with one stone. Even a reunion record isn't going to be as successful as Chinese.

Wut?

6-7 million is a pretty low number. I don't think that takes into account the last 4 years or so. Conservatively, I think its probably around 8-10 million at this point. Even with a reunion I think it'll be hard for Guns to match CD's success in today's climate.
One of the best posts in this thread.
To have this kind of posters here which are clearly trol.ling and seeing magisme, sixes and other fun posters leaving one by one is such a sad sight. I want old mygnr back.

Girls just wanna have fun.

Personally I don't know anyone who still buys records. And it's not because of illegal downloading. It's because of music streaming services like Spotify. So record sales haven't really meant anything to me in a long time.

I think even some charts are generated based on others things than sales.

Labels actually want percent of show ticket sales more than ever?