Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

But who's arguing? Most people are just stating their views and backing them up with some arguments. Most comments are not agressive or aimed against anyone. For the most part it's a discussion. There are unfortunately a few exceptions that are trying to attack or mock those who disagree with them but from what I've noticed these posters do it always and regardless of the subject, so apparently that's what makes them happy. So be it. Whatever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Man, what really pisses me off is I got distracted from speaking in the third person in this thread like I promised to do yesterday...damnit!

You're totally right. I forgot about it too. And it was the best thing about this thread :shrugs:

I think we all have some misconceptions about how Izzy COULD or COULD NOT act. All the other gnr members have given plenty interviews over the years so when they post anything on social media it's easy to assess whether they are posting themselves or through other people. Even Axl - if you listened to /read any of his '90 interviewes and you read his tweets - it makes perfect sense and is perfectly in line with his previous behaviour. Now, with Izzy it's difficult because he spoke very little almost from the beginning. But he's my fav member and I've followed closely whatever was written by/about him. And with all that I just can't agree that what he's doing now is not in his style. A) He seems to be a social person - from what other people said (Jimmy Ashhurst, Slash, and his own interviews). He always seemed to me like a guy he knew a lot of people and was really easy going (JA describes him as having "innate charism"). It's a sign of the times that people think he can't be social and is a recluse if he doesn't use social media <_< Come on people, maybe he has lot's of friends - REAL friends, not online buddies :lol: B) Most people around him described him as having a great sense of humor - wasn't it Bumblefoot who said he never knew if Izzy was serious or not? VH said he had a "really dry sense of humor" and JA described him as a "funny, funny guy". Guys, he's probably trolling all of us to have some fun! :lol:Btw, listen to that radio inteview from 86 ? 87? He's totally high and makes silly jokes in the background all the time... I can easily see him doing that right now!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, starlight said:

Why would  Izzy refuse to confirm his identity? :lol: It makes no sense at all

Nothing about this makes sense. If it is him (which I still believe to be the case), it makes no sense he won't be at any of the concerts, since he even played some shows with Axl in the past, and Eddie Money says his contract is signed.

If it's not him, the whole Dowliner/hacker/unseen profile picture thing makes no sense.

• Like 1

The thing which makes no sense to me is that when Izzy made an account, the first person he contacted was this RS Editor, both of them don't know each other personally. He is an editor for the RS, so I assume he is a pretty busy guy, even after all of this he makes an effort to keep on contacting Izzy, but then Izzy deletes his tweets and refuses to give any kind of verification to the guy who he himself contacted?

Honestly this whole thing makes no sense to me. On one hand Izzy is contacting news sites and claiming he is the real one and others are fake, so why refuse to talk then?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Nothing about this makes sense. If it is him (which I still believe to be the case), it makes no sense he won't be at any of the concerts, since he even played some shows with Axl in the past, and Eddie Money says his contract is signed.

If it's not him, the whole Dowliner/hacker/unseen profile picture thing makes no sense.

Yeah I guess you're right maybe it's Izzy just being Izzy, it's all a mess

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

73 pages in less than a week speaks volumes about how much Izzy means to the fans.. 

We all miss him thats what it is! He hasn't been touring and is out of Guns for longer than slash and duff, it's crazy how much movement a musician can cause who's been out of the spotlight since 91 lol he was only part of it for 6 years, 7 if you count hollywood rose but hè was such an important factor!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

We all miss him thats what it is! He hasn't been touring and is out of Guns for longer than slash and duff, it's crazy how much movement a musician can cause who's been out of the spotlight since 91 lol he was only part of it for 6 years, 7 if you count hollywood rose but hè was such an important factor!

yet 11 solo albums later, he is the most active recording member of GNRs most famous lineup...

• Like 1

Newbie here, been lurking for a while and used to lurk on Chopeway old site. To the non believers, don't you think some one at GNR like Axl, Duff or Slash would have been happy to tell us if Izzy was on twitter or not, or wouldn't it make sense to tell us if Izzy was in or not? Something is fishy... I believe it is Izzy, trying the best he can to tell us he is not involved and nobody listen, shame on you non believers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lalaland said:

Newbie here, been lurking for a while and used to lurk on Chopeway old site. To the non believers, don't you think some one at GNR like Axl, Duff or Slash would have been happy to tell us if Izzy was on twitter or not, or wouldn't it make sense to tell us if Izzy was in or not? Something is fishy... I believe it is Izzy, trying the best he can to tell us he is not involved and nobody listen, shame on you non believers!

This as well.  Most over at the official fan forum "Nightrain" seem to believe it is him as well.  And I highly doubt they would let the thread go on over there if it wasn't him (it's still open and active).