Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

6 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I like this one. What do we think the "JP" stands for? 

i would guess "Jackpot" but could be wrong. 

edit :  also guessing that the shamrock is Duff, and others obvious.

Edited by telly
add info

how is a shamrock representative of duff? sneaky leprechaun that ran away with the money :rofl-lol:

yeah, yeah I get it, McKagan. 

anyone have a pic of the lith, someone mentioned it is white?

Edited by Pishy

The Vegas and Sacramento ones are way better than what we got in NYC . These are both great . The Vegas one is simple and well done , of course having the iconic 5 on the cross makes it, but isn't that some irony for this tour .....

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Hey guys, since the current leg of the tour is winding down, I figured it’d be a good time to share my framed litho collection.  Its been a fun 18 months in this thread discussing the lithos with everyone, and its been great getting to know several members through trading.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this with everybody since it feels like a team effort. 

A special thanks to my friend amaninjapan, without whom many of these (like Kobe, Madrid, Paris, Hameenlinna Aurora) would not have been possible (thanks bro, can’t for the LA shows next week!)

Those look amazing. That's always been my goal is to have all my lithos displayed in one room. Glad to see it executed so well here. Any rhyme or reason to the order you displayed them in?

Edited by uzi your illusion

5 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Hey guys, since the current leg of the tour is winding down, I figured it’d be a good time to share my framed litho collection.  Its been a fun 18 months in this thread discussing the lithos with everyone, and its been great getting to know several members through trading.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this with everybody since it feels like a team effort. 

A special thanks to my friend amaninjapan, without whom many of these (like Kobe, Madrid, Paris, Hameenlinna Aurora) would not have been possible (thanks bro, can’t for the LA shows next week!)

Awesome video man. Thank you for sharing. Do you have a favorite litho? Are you finished collecting the lithos?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

Thanks guys, glad you liked it!  

@ Uzi - For the most part they are displayed in a way that allows the colors to somewhat flow from one litho to the next.  But I also wanted a couple favorites like Kobe and Madrid front and center.  Some of lithos are also very dark and I didn't want the mostly-black lithos to be too concentrated, so I wanted to stagger those so the room wouldn't be too one-sided.  So for example, Vienna has red and blue, which fits with stockholm and Hameenlinna #2 next to it.  Madrid has the yellow GNR font, so that's a bridge between Kobe and Tokyo, and breaks up what would be too much yellow.  Kobe has a lot of gray in it, so NOLA looks good above it.  Munich and Orlando have the exact same style with the small text at the bottom and nothing else, so I felt those should go together as well.  I'm trying to figure out where to put the MSG trilogy but for now those are in still in the profolio.

@ Holographic - I guess technically I'm not done, but I have every litho that I really want, which is about 60-70% of the total.  Occasionally there will be one I've changed my mind on and decide to grab when I see come up.  There are some I really like that I just couldn't make work on the walls, either because they weren't going to flow well or they barely missed the cut (which is a lot of lithos).  I'll occasionally rearrange and swap out a litho from the profolio with one on the wall.  Its hard to choose favorites because it depends on the day, but Kobe, Madrid, both Hameelinna's, NOLA, cincy, Tassie Tiger, London 1, Hannover, Paris, Prague Commie, Zurich, and Atlanta since that was my first GNR show (and the ticket stub matches the litho haha).  I really like every litho that is framed though.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

@liqddynamite that looks awesome!  Doing something similar in that i've started getting litho's from every artist that sells them from all the shows i've seen since 1/16.  had a couple posters from seeing chuck berry on his 70th & 75th birthdays, iirc, years ago and now also have 6 GNR, a black sabbath, 3 springsteen's, 2 billy joels & a metallica.  i'd have more if more artists sold them.  wish i'd thought of this years ago and had them for all the pearl jam shows i've seen and everybody else.

• Like 1

I bought an extra litho from the Sacramento show in hopes of trading for another. Or at worst case, selling it so I can buy another.

My targets are the 2 other shows I attended and couldn't get lithos for, San Francisco and Vegas 1, or Philly-Rocky Balboa, Chicago-Michael Jordan, Tokyo-Godzilla, or Vienna.

Ping me if you have any of the above in mint condition and are willing to trade.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:23 PM, liqddynamite said:

Now that is a litho collection! Fucking awesome! I wish I would have gotten more of the 1st leg of the tour. They were mostly my favorites. This current US leg has been a let down with only a handful that I liked. I did really like the NY Gang of New York ones.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Now that is a litho collection! Fucking awesome! I wish I would have gotten more of the 1st leg of the tour. They were mostly my favorites. This current US leg has been a let down with only a handful that I liked. I did really like the NY Gang of New York ones.

Thanks man!  I agree the first US leg was overall really strong.  The MSG set is really great, don't let the Slash litho get you down, its an amazing set.  I'm looking for a way to get those up somewhere.  I might have to take down a white board (this room is supposed to be my home office though) to make that happen haha.  This is my home office so I'm trying to keep some semblence of productivity haha.