ZoSoRose

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Most of the lithos are pretty great. Some not so much. I personally wouldn't pay 50 bucks for one, but it's nice to have a show specific piece of art to take home home.

The large & odd shaped ones seem like it would be difficult to frame though.

21 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Most of the lithos are pretty great. Some not so much. I personally wouldn't pay 50 bucks for one, but it's nice to have a show specific piece of art to take home home.

The large & odd shaped ones seem like it would be difficult to frame though.

weren't you at the tulsa show? you didn't get the litho?

14 hours ago, Edward Nigma said:

Anybody think the official site will release all these from each NITL show down the line?

No.  Of course not.  Why the hell would they do that?  It would be an awful lot of work, for one, and they're lazy as shit.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:17 PM, GoBucky said:

Looking for an LA Axl...have a Chicago Jordan, Milwaukee or LA Slash for trade. Thanks in advance! 

Hey! I have the Axl lithograph from LA. Are you still looking?

15 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

No.  Of course not.  Why the hell would they do that?  It would be an awful lot of work, for one, and they're lazy as shit.

Other bands do it, a few shows didn't sell out, it could happen...and it's not like Axl is gonna be sitting there rolling lithos into tubes.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:49 AM, Edward Nigma said:

Anybody think the official site will release all these from each NITL show down the line?

That's usually up to the contracted  poster artists. Pearl Jam sells a small run of unsigned and unnumbered prints at their shows and will sell them on their website after the tours if they held some back or had leftovers. The artists will then have 100 or so artist prints that they sign and number and sell themselves on their own websites for higher prices. The posters Guns sold were already numbered so it appears that won't happen, but it did with the Rocket Queen print from last years San Diego show. Bands usually take 30 or so posters off the top for themselves and sell the rest, which Guns did, and it's very obvious they wont have any extras since the douchebags out there were buying 20 at a time at the shows. These are limited edition contracted art pieces done by outside professional artists as opposed to just regular concert merch, so when the allotted number of posters are printed, that's it. Guns just should have limited the ammount that  person could buy. It has nothing to do with band laziness like some are saying. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

My dream, as I've said in this thread about two dozen times, is an oversized coffee table book with all them reprinted.  I know it would never happen, but goddamn it would be sweet.  It would cost a few hundred bucks obviously....but what a steal eh, considering ONE poster is worth that.

The original posters retain their value but we still get an awesome collection in one spot. 

The chances of this happening are infinitesimal, but still more likely than us ever hearing a new GNR studio song.  How pathetic is that?

8 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

My dream, as I've said in this thread about two dozen times, is an oversized coffee table book with all them reprinted.  I know it would never happen, but goddamn it would be sweet.  It would cost a few hundred bucks obviously....but what a steal eh, considering ONE poster is worth that.

The original posters retain their value but we still get an awesome collection in one spot. 

The chances of this happening are infinitesimal, but still more likely than us ever hearing a new GNR studio song.  How pathetic is that?

This is a great idea. Maybe as a limited edition print with a very low run.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:04 PM, lafemmeonachair said:

Hey! I have the Axl lithograph from LA. Are you still looking?

Sorry, I found one last week