Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

43 minutes ago, shocker said:

My guess is that Angus will travel to L.A to visit Axl and start writing songs and making demos in early january.

They will either go to L.A. or Vancouver. They are recording in the Warehouse Studio since at least 1999

37 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They will either go to L.A. or Vancouver. They are recording in the Warehouse Studio since at least 1999

Yes, but I don`t think they are ready to record yet. They need some time to write songs and make demos first. When they are ready for the final recording they might go to Warehouse Studio in Vancouver. 

And I also think L.A is a better place this time of the year, better climate. It`s important to be in great mood when they write songs and I know Angus is not found of winter and snow.

Axl also live nearby in Malibu.

• 1 month later...

It is damn silent right now. Do anybody know if Axl has been up to anything after the last show in California?

A weeks ago I heard that one guy from Guns`n`Roses management visited Angus is Sydney around new eve. It could mean that something is going on.

Guns`n`Roses start touring again in june so here will be more action but I`ll hope we get some news before that time.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like nothing is happening. 

On a side note. I find it quite impressive how easily Axl can go radio silent. The man just does not care about being in the public eye in the least... That's one of my favourite things about the man. 

• Like 2

If Axl has visited Angus in Sydney then there is definitely something going on.

And Angus also visited when Guns`n`Roses played in NYC last year.

I think they have a plan but if they plan to record it won`t be revealed yet.

Angus doesn`t say anything to press before the album is actually recorded.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shocker said:

If Axl has visited Angus in Sydney then there is definitely something going on.

Axl wasn't in Sydney. Vanessa spent a holiday with her family in Australia. Apparently they visited Angus there. No idea if anything is going on, but I don't think Vanessa and her family paying Angus a visit while on holiday in Australia means anything.

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Axl wasn't in Sydney. Vanessa spent a holiday with her family in Australia. Apparently they visited Angus there. No idea if anything is going on, but I don't think Vanessa and her family paying Angus a visit while on holiday in Australia means anything.

Oki, this is probably the case.

It`s really frustrating when bands don`t want to reveal anything. This is typical Angus, no contact with the press between albums and touring.

I don't see Angus abandoning his "start recording in Vancouver in January" routine so if they were in the studio we'd have at least heard a leak of information about it by now. My guess is he'll take a year sabatacle based on his resent loses and regroup by the end of the year to be in the studio by January 2019 - five years after Rock Or Bust and consistent with the usual gap between AC/DC releases.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't see Angus abandoning his "start recording in Vancouver in January" routine so if they were in the studio we'd have at least heard a leak of information about it by now. My guess is he'll take a year sabatacle based on his resent loses and regroup by the end of the year to be in the studio by January 2019 - five years after Rock Or Bust and consistent with the usual gap between AC/DC releases.

The situation now is different from the past. Those long gaps between albums were not because of Angus, there`s been other issues.

But this "recording in Vancouver in january" rumor was of course false".

If Axl and Angus gonna record it takes a some time to put together material and write songs.

Then they have to record demo songs before they can start the final recording,

2 hours ago, shocker said:

The situation now is different from the past. Those long gaps between albums were not because of Angus, there`s been other issues.

But this "recording in Vancouver in january" rumor was of course false".

If Axl and Angus gonna record it takes a some time to put together material and write songs.

Then they have to record demo songs before they can start the final recording,

It's no different than the past. Other than Malcolm's health issues during and after Black Ice it's been the same pattern since 1990. They just prefer to take time off between extensive tours. 5 year gap before Ballbreaker, another 5 years before SUL, a whopping 8 years before Black Ice, and so on. Even ditching Slade for Rudd didn't delay Ballbreaker.

There was no concrete recording in January rumour - it was just a prediction based on these same habits since 1990.

Angus' accommodated Axl during the tour but he is a notorious creature of habit. I expect the same process when the time comes as there always has been. He'll assemble the riffs and bash them into songs with help from Stevie and the producer, and then if he decides to let Axl pen the lyrics he'll do so at that stage. Otherwise, we can expect another Angus written album with Axl on vocals instead of Brian.

Literally the only difference here will be the fact that it's Axl and not Brian. Even the new bass player won't change the recording.

AC/DC works quick in the studio. They get the basic tracks done in a matter of weeks with only Angus involved near the end to tweak the final product and do any guitar overdubs. They have no trouble meeting a Fall deadline by starting the assembly line in January.

I still expect no AC/DC activity this year but that we could see an album in 2019 with a tour to follow immediately thereafter a la SUL and Black Ice.

• Like 2

I have a feeling Angus will pen the lyrics also. The Youngs haven't let their lead singer write a lyric since 1990! They ran a tight ship and even without Malcolm around I cannot see Angus changing. I also feel Angus will be keen to stress the ''AC/DCness'' of it all, i.e., none of this Axl/DC stuff.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

I think it will be sooner rather than later.  Axl will be involved in creating lyric and melody and we end up with some AC/DC along the lines of Gone Shootin, Soul Stripper, You Aint Got a Hold on Me, and Overdose.  It will be awesome.

4 hours ago, shocker said:

If Axl and Angus gonna record, and that`s a big IF, then Axl must take care of the lyrics or half the songs will include "Rock".

It will be titles like "Roll the Rocks" and "Rocking Blues".

Angus has proven himself incompetent when it comes to lyrics.

That is how AC/DC operate!

They've been doing it since 1973 so I doubt they would significantly alter their style now.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 10:30 AM, James Bond said:

The real crime with that song is how Angus' tasty licks are wasted on something so utterly crap.

Don't forget Big Jack, with the gem of a line "He said that he's the only one who's got a full sack" :lol: 

I think all of the albums since Razor's Edge have had some decent lyrics (Besides Ballbreaker), but they're ridiculously inconsistent. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Don't forget Big Jack, with the gem of a line "He said that he's the only one who's got a full sack" :lol: 

I think all of the albums since Razor's Edge have had some decent lyrics (Besides Ballbreaker), but they're ridiculously inconsistent. 

House of Jazz and Black Ice had very good lyrics

• GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don't know who he is, but he is VERY respected at ACDCfans.net. Apparently, he has written the best ACDC book (they call it the 'definitive ACDC book') and they say that he is very close to the band. He even worked with them on a few tours... Take it for what it's worth

9kqAsA.jpg

Please let this be true.

• Like 1