Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

17 minutes ago, Lio said:

Beg to differ. Hooking up with Duff and Slash was his best move imo, by far. I'm a GNR fan, it's only logical that I wish Axl would make GNR music again before doing AC/DC, a band that I've never been interested in. As this is a GNR forum, I guess people on here will see it the same way, it's not that staggering really.

He was seen as a joke in the music world for a long time before AC/DC, now things have changed, largely because of that collaboration. Speaking for myself, him joining AC/DC got me excited about Axl Rose again.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I'll admit I was excited to see Axl fronting AC/DC for the same reasons as you, and you are right that it gave him kudos in the industry and seemingly a new lease on life.  I would say the exact same thing applies about him reuniting with Slash and Duff and pulling off that equally successful Guns tour.   It's not a case of one or the other, in fact I would say it's most definitely a case of Axl managing to pull off both that has elevated his status.  That's what had people mentioning Axl Rose and work ethic in the same sentence. LOL

No wonder Axl had a big grin on his face most of the tour - two very improbable things happened in his life in a short space of time and he handled both brilliantly. 

Hopefully he seizes the opportunity to really cement his legacy and does amazing albums with both. I've always said I want both to happen.... just AC/DC first. :lol:

I do think the two things seem to go hand in hand atm as you say, in terms of reigniting his fire/hunger. That's why I don't understand some people saying they don't want an AC/DC record, even if they aren't really a fan of the band, they can clearly see he loves doing it. It would delay a new GN'R album by what? A couple years? Big deal.

I think Axl coming back to GN'R off the back of a great AC/DC album/tour would knock it out the park on a new GN'R record.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 3

I think that a new AC/DC album could only be a very good thing for Axl ans his legacy. How many singers can say that they are the frontman from two of the most legendary bands in the world?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Hopefully he seizes the opportunity to really cement his legacy and does amazing albums with both. I've always said I want both to happen.... just AC/DC first. :lol:

I do think the two things seem to go hand in hand atm as you say, in terms of reigniting his fire/hunger. That's why I don't understand some people saying they don't want an AC/DC record, even if they aren't really a fan of the band, they can clearly see he loves doing it. It would delay a new GN'R album by what? A couple years? Big deal.

I think Axl coming back to GN'R off the back of a great AC/DC album/tour would knock it out the park on a new GN'R record.

A couple of years is fine as a singer when you're 30/40 years old. When you're hurtling towards 60? you make hay while he sun shines. GNR is his legacy, AC/DC have had their career, even if he makes a great album, it would just be a footnote at this point.

I agree that he's inspired by working with Angus though, so if he can manage both without sacrificing his main band then I'd absolutely love to see a Axl led AC/DC album (would be cool if he dueted with Brian on a song as a passing of the torch sort of thing). There's room for both albums but the timeline is thin.

Axl can and will do what he wants to do though, and more power to him whatever he decides to do, It's easy for us to say what he should do, but it's armchair booking.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don't know who he is, but he is VERY respected at ACDCfans.net. Apparently, he has written the best ACDC book (they call it the 'definitive ACDC book') and they say that he is very close to the band. He even worked with them on a few tours... Take it for what it's worth

9kqAsA.jpg

Note though that he doesn't explicitly say they are recording right now or anything - just more or less confirming what we all already figured would happen (that AXL/DC would continue). Nevertheless, I say cool!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Note though that he doesn't explicitly say they are recording right now or anything - just more or less confirming what we all already figured would happen (that AXL/DC would continue). Nevertheless, I say cool!

ACDC fans are saying that he is one of the most trustable sources... I don't know, I seriously think that it will happen but not right now. It's too soon, ACDC normally takes 3-4-5 years between tours and new releases.

Also, It's very likely that Angus will be writing the lyrics. So that doesn't affect any future plan with GN'R. He will keep the lyrics for GNR IMO

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

ACDC fans are saying that he is one of the most trustable sources... I don't know, I seriously think that it will happen but not right now. It's too soon, ACDC normally takes 3-4-5 years between tours and new releases.

Also, It's very likely that Angus will be writing the lyrics. So that doesn't affect any future plan with GN'R. He will keep the lyrics for GNR IMO

Oh yeah I'm not denying that it will happen, but it seemed that everybody jumped the gun and assumed that this guy meant literally right now. I still maintain my 2019 prediction for AC/DC activity featuring Angus, Axl, Slade, Stevie, and a new bass player.

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don't know who he is, but he is VERY respected at ACDCfans.net. Apparently, he has written the best ACDC book (they call it the 'definitive ACDC book') and they say that he is very close to the band. He even worked with them on a few tours... Take it for what it's worth

9kqAsA.jpg

Yeah, this guy is the real deal, I just hope this isnt happening before a GNR album. Otherwise... 
Fuck.

Edited by default_

6 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Please let this not be true.

AC/DC should be done.

And I'd love to hear Axl on more complex songs rather than the very simple AC/DC material. Just not that much into that.

Why? I was there in Fort Lauderdale when AC/DC with Axl played....Angus was on fire!!!!!! He is not ready to drop the thing.

• Like 3