Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

God damn. Axl's really gonna destroy the rest of his voice singing mindless cock rock? 

Who cares. Atleast he gives a shit with AC/DC. Those performances are legendary, nothing like mid 2016 - 2017 Axl in GN'R.

Axl's voice was "good" (still nothing like what he did with AC/DC) for the '16 NA leg. And even that was because he went to rehearsals for AC/DC. I hope he records, tours, and gives 110% with AC/DC. Because we know he won't do that for Guns.

• Like 1

AC/DC is a much better thing for Axl than the reunion, because he is not the boss of that whole thing. He enjoyes his time as the singer of the greatest Hard Rock band on Planet Earth and that's good.

Edited by Sosso

16 hours ago, highvoltage said:

The band tuned down a half-step for Brian.

Saying he's singing down "at least an octave" is a massive exaggeration.

No it's not, I know they tuned down. Listen to back in black from the studio and then the final live gig with AC/DC it's about an octave lower than the recorded version.

It's slightly depressing given that he didn't give as much of a shit about the Guns reunion. I'll always be over the moon happy to have been able to finally see Axl and Slash live on the same stage but Axl/DC had Axl on a whole other level vocally. If we get that on record I won't complain at all. The timing of it all happening is just really unfortunate IMO. 

I tend to say that the next AC/DC tour will be even bigger than the NITL tour, mainly because fans from both AC/DC and GN'R will watch these shows. It's a win-win situation for both fanbases.

Edited by Sosso

39 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I tend to say that the next AC/DC tour will be even bigger than the NITL tour, mainly because fans from both AC/DC and GN'R will watch these shows. It's a win-win situation for both fanbases.

It'll be absolutely fucking huge if Axl is confirmed as a full-time member of the band and they release an album.

38 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

In the AC/DC forums, what is the feeling for Axl recording a new album with the band?

Has anyone been there lately?

They are having a meltdown. The moderator had to cancel some threads because they got very personal and offensive between the people who worship Brian and the people who love AC/DC but don't think Brian is in good shape to record an album or do a tour and prefer Axl.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

They are having a meltdown. The moderator had to cancel some threads because they got very personal and offensive between the people who worship Brian and the people who love AC/DC but don't think Brian is in good shape to record an album or do a tour and prefer Axl.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? I prefer Axl over Brian right now because of his hearing problem, but I can see the point of the people who don't think Axl's fits....I would be beyond furious if Axl is dismissed of GNR the same way as Angus did with Brian....and the new singer go so well with Slash that they make a new record....it would be awful for the fans of Brian.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Why? I prefer Axl over Brian right now because of his hearing problem, but I can see the point of the people who don't think Axl's fits....I would be beyond furious if Axl is dismissed of GNR the same way as Angus did with Brian....and the new singer go so well with Slash that they make a new record....it would be awful for the fans of Brian.

Because Axl is playing with his idol, that not only on a tour but a potential album, that's beyond a dream come true.

I love Brian but the guy is clearly tapped out, I haven't really paid attention to ac/dc since I was a little kid. When I relaized Axl was going to take over on vocals I looked up the most recent tour with Brian via YouTube, the guy is past the expired time with his voice, no sustain, no control, changing melody lines that are lower, then you factor in his hearing, he is comprised on more then one front.

I think it's hilarious everyone takes ownership of a band. Alot of big name bands keep things going "for the fans" doing everything in thier power to make sure the money train keeps going, that's about as lame as it gets. 

Axl doing an album with Angus is so original and out of the box, it's something that will shake things up. 

Guns could never continue without Axl, he's irreplaceable. But Axl has the ability and range with his voice that he can step into that role. 

The Brian fans are just going to have to either deal with it or move on because at the end of the day musicians have to do things that inspire themselves first, not the "fans". 

Just like a big portion of the GNR fans here that cry decade after decade for the original 5, some things people just can't move past. 

Plus I think it's funny alot of them are having a meltdown, most of them probably have no idea what it's like to be a musician, they just want what they want when they want it. 

4 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Because Axl is playing with his idol, that not only on a tour but a potential album, that's beyond a dream come true.

I love Brian but the guy is clearly tapped out, I haven't really paid attention to ac/dc since I was a little kid. When I relaized Axl was going to take over on vocals I looked up the most recent tour with Brian via YouTube, the guy is past the expired time with his voice, no sustain, no control, changing melody lines that are lower, then you factor in his hearing, he is comprised on more then one front.

I think it's hilarious everyone takes ownership of a band. Alot of big name bands keep things going "for the fans" doing everything in thier power to make sure the money train keeps going, that's about as lame as it gets. 

Axl doing an album with Angus is so original and out of the box, it's something that will shake things up. 

Guns could never continue without Axl, he's irreplaceable. But Axl has the ability and range with his voice that he can step into that role. 

The Brian fans are just going to have to either deal with it or move on because at the end of the day musicians have to do things that inspire themselves first, not the "fans". 

Just like a big portion of the GNR fans here that cry decade after decade for the original 5, some things people just can't move past. 

Plus I think it's funny alot of them are having a meltdown, most of them probably have no idea what it's like to be a musician, they just want what they want when they want it. 

I see your point about reinvigorating the band....that is one of the things that I love about this Axl/DC thing....Angus plays like he is 20 years younger...and that's awesome!!!

And yes....the lasts AC/DC albums has been mediocre at best, they need to up their game, we will see it.

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I see your point about reinvigorating the band....that is one of the things that I love about this Axl/DC thing....Angus plays like he is 20 years younger...and that's awesome!!!

And yes....the lasts AC/DC albums has been mediocre at best, they need to up their game, we will see it.

Yeah...

And why aren't all the supposed "fans" being like "cool Angus is inspired" or " cool Angus is going to continue on" with something they believe in, the same could be said about the Guns fans who are crying, insert Axl instead of Angus in those quotes..

Imho people are very irrational with thier judgements, being involved with music a true musician has to forget about the fans. Axl has proven that, I think Angus is about to as well.

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Yeah...

And why aren't all the supposed "fans" being like "cool Angus is inspired" or " cool Angus is going to continue on" with something they believe in, the same could be said about the Guns fans who are crying, insert Axl instead of Angus in those quotes..

Imho people are very irrational with thier judgements, being involved with music a true musician has to forget about the fans. Axl has proven that, I think Angus is about to as well.

To be fair, not all fans of any musician have to unconditionally agree with every decision they make. Yeah the whiners on the AC/DC forum get old but there are people out there who just genuinely don't care for Axl's voice. That's purely subjective and they aren't wrong or any less of an AC/DC fan for disagreeing with Angus' choice to hire Axl. It borders on that whole "true fan" argument nonsense that spreads all over the Internet.

That said, I agree that there's a select group that needs to just move on and simply not listen if it's not something that appeals to them.

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Imagine if somebody replaced Rose in Guns N' Roses? Rose's voice isn't that good these days (in a Guns context) just as Brian's voice wasn't that great either - correct? Well, replace Rose with somebody like Myles Kennedy and you'd see the exact same fanboy rage.

Brian and Axl are not in the same position. Brian was not as important to AC/DC as Axl is to GN'R. I would rather compare it to the fact that Slash was replaced in the 90's.

Edited by Sosso

All this discussion everywhere on Facebook, Twitter, forums, newspapers and so on. If any of them  went to an Axl/DC, they would know . Ive said it before but them shows were out of this world. Like seeing a band at their peak having the best time. Nothing will ever compare Imo. I can't speak highly enough of Axl/DC. If it wasn't Axl rose everyone would be going nuts. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, James Bond said:

To be fair, not all fans of any musician have to unconditionally agree with every decision they make. Yeah the whiners on the AC/DC forum get old but there are people out there who just genuinely don't care for Axl's voice. That's purely subjective and they aren't wrong or any less of an AC/DC fan for disagreeing with Angus' choice to hire Axl. It borders on that whole "true fan" argument nonsense that spreads all over the Internet.

That said, I agree that there's a select group that needs to just move on and simply not listen if it's not something that appeals to them.

Liking a musician is subjective. If they like or hate Axls voice is besides the point. Angus decided to move forward and the fans that are stuck in the past will be left behind, just like when Axl got a new band. People can't seem to grasp ahold of the fact that musicians have to serve themselves first, if someone else is into that then they might become a fan. All the AC/DC fans that hate Axl and can't be happy with the fact that Angus is moving on and all the Guns fans that are mad that Axl isn't doing what they want are selfish and aren't even recognizing what the musician wants to do. If I hated Angus and AC/DC I'd at least still be happy to see Axl sing and record with one of his idols. 

Angus isn't throwing in the towel, they could be looking at it from a totally different perspective, they are inspired to do something new. So yes, not understanding that as a grown adult and as a "fan" is pretty dumb. 

A true fan that doesn't care for Axl would at the very least be happy that Angus will forge ahead. So yeah by not even taking into consideration what Angus wants to do is not the definition of a fan, putting aside emotions for a second to recognize a different perspective. 

Edited by Order of Nine

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

A true fan that doesn't care for Axl would at the very least be happy that Angus will forge ahead. So yeah by not even taking into consideration what Angus wants to do is not the definition of a fan, putting aside emotions for a second to recognize a different perspective. 

What makes a "true" fan though? Even if they accept Angus' decision to continue it doesn't mean they have to like or agree with it. They can still have a different opinion.

Don't get me wrong - there are those who endlessly whine about what Angus does or doesn't do, but there can also exist a fine line where people just respectfully disagree with his decision. If they've spent 40+ years supporting Angus and co. I don't think it makes them any less of a fan.

But yeah, some need to accept that Angus is continuing whether they like it or not. The lack of acceptance on the AC/DC forum is kind of hilarious. It's worse than it gets over here. :lol:

• Like 1