Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

What makes a "true" fan though? Even if they accept Angus' decision to continue it doesn't mean they have to like or agree with it. They can still have a different opinion.

Don't get me wrong - there are those who endlessly whine about what Angus does or doesn't do, but there can also exist a fine line where people just respectfully disagree with his decision. If they've spent 40+ years supporting Angus and co. I don't think it makes them any less of a fan.

But yeah, some need to accept that Angus is continuing whether they like it or not. The lack of acceptance on the AC/DC forum is kind of hilarious. It's worse than it gets over here. :lol:

You can hate a musicians decision and still acknowledge that they are staying true to what they want, that to me is something a real fan would do.

I'd like to join up in that forum and kick some dust up! 

Which forum is it?

14 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

You can hate a musicians decision and still acknowledge that they are staying true to what they want, that to me is something a real fan would do.

Which forum is it?

That's why I think Angus is one of the few people who can get away with the whole drastic line-up change thing.

acdcfans.net but I of course condone no such behaviour.

43 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's why I think Angus is one of the few people who can get away with the whole drastic line-up change thing.

This band had a lot of drastic line-up changes in the past and they survived everyone of them. That's why I'm positive about the future of AC/DC.

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Which forum is it?

They are very opinionated and the wound is still fresh and open.....

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Yeah, but the fan base will fracture, they will get some new Guns followers that's for sure. But there's a portion of fans that definitely won't humor anything Axl related.

51 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

They are very opinionated and the wound is still fresh and open.....

Cool, I'm going to bring some salt. 

43 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Yeah, but the fan base will fracture, they will get some new Guns followers that's for sure. But there's a portion of fans that definitely won't humor anything Axl related.

It's their fault if they wanna miss the biggest spectacle of the decade :shrugs:

• GNFNR 1

I'm telling you if Axl does this he will look like a fool who only wants to front "Hack" bands with one original member. He did it with Guns but totally redeemed himself. If he stalls all this momentum that the GNR train has rolling he will be the biggest ass in rock. I'm really not trying to be negative I love Axl and I'm ecstatic Slash and Duff are back in the fold. The GNR train is full steam ahead. AC/DC is done leave it be please. 

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

It's their fault if they wanna miss the biggest spectacle of the decade :shrugs:

Agreed,

I'm excited for it, I'm obviously a fan of Axls and I grew up jamming to AC/DC,one of the first groups that got me into music so I'm pumped to see how this all plays out.

I know the vocals will be killer, and of course they will be raw, Angus isn't going to have multi tracked vocals.

They only thing left up in the air to see is if Axl will have a hand with the lyrics and song writing. With Malcom gone I'm sure Axl will. Time Will tell

2 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

I'm telling you if Axl does this he will look like a fool who only wants to front "Hack" bands with one original member. He did it with Guns but totally redeemed himself. If he stalls all this momentum that the GNR train has rolling he will be the biggest ass in rock. I'm really not trying to be negative I love Axl and I'm ecstatic Slash and Duff are back in the fold. The GNR train is full steam ahead. AC/DC is done leave it be please. 

If Angus isn't done then it's obviously not done. 

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

With that thinking, everyone that doesn’t support AXL/DC doesn’t want Axl to succeed. You prefer half-assed performances with GN’R to legendary, 2010 rasp level, performances with AC/DC.

This rasp stuff cracks me up. I seen guns in 88 and twice on the NITLT and I think they were awesome every time. I feel for Axl he's aged as we all do and his voice has changed so don't judge him on rasp he's giving it his all. I'm just saying after jerking the GNR fans all these years with hopes of new music and then playing with the likes of DJ and Bumble (Just being honest that Wasn't GNR). Why in God's name After making the GNR name shine again would you do new AXL/DC music instead.  And your correct I want Axl to succeed with GNR but he deserves to fail if he goes with Axl/Dc.  But if that's what people want enjoy your cotton candy at the county fair they'll be playing Lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Having seen the NITL tour 5 times, and seeing his performances deteriorate over the tour, I'm really hoping Axl's next project is AC/DC. Ideally, he and Angus are working on music from now until the Guns Euro tour, which Axl would start with AC/DC-level vocal prep (meaning he sounds as good as the NA '16 leg), and soon after that's done there's an Axl/DC album and tour.

It's sad to say, but he was either really coasting through the last year of the GNR tour, giving as much of a fuck as he did in 2012, or his voice is legitimately fucked. And since he still pulled out some good performances near the end of the tour, I'd wager he was coasting. AC/DC gets him energized and gives him something to prove. GNR, with or without Slash, is just his job. :shrugs:

I'm a huge GNR fan, and if Axl operated like a normal musician this wouldn't be an issue, but realistically, I don't expect more than 1 album from Axl over the next 5 years, and if it's a 'pick one over the other' kinda thing, then I'll take Axl/DC because it'll just be old school rock, with vocals more like Angel Down than Chinese Democracy, whereas I assume the next GNR album will be CD II featuring Slash and Duff.

200.gif

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, bucketfoot said:

Mindless cock rock? What like Appetite or Back In Black? Is there anything better?

Better how? The lyrics are fine when you're young and daft and don't have much to think about. Axl's 57 and has already wasted his prime years and late years releasing only 1 album. I'd rather he saved his voice to record and promote music with more depth. You know, like he said he wanted to back in the early 90s. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Better how? The lyrics are fine when you're young and daft and don't have much to think about. Axl's 57 and has already wasted his prime years and late years releasing only 1 album. I'd rather he saved his voice to record and promote music with more depth. You know, like he said he wanted to back in the early 90s. 

Yeah, I"m with you. I'd rather take another bloated GnR album like Chinese Democracy over a dime a dozen generic cockrock album. Atleast he's pushing himself creatively in the former scenario as opposed to the latter which he did perfectly 30 years ago w/ AFD.

Look, as a singer/frontman - Axl's got a good 5 years left, if that. Do you want to see him divide his energy and give priority to AC/DC over Guns...or do you want him all-in on GnR? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RONIN said:

Yeah, I"m with you. I'd rather take another bloated GnR album like Chinese Democracy over a dime a dozen generic cockrock album. Atleast he's pushing himself creatively in the former scenario as opposed to the latter which he did perfectly 30 years ago w/ AFD.

Look, as a singer/frontman - Axl's got a good 5 years left, if that. Do you want to see him divide his energy and give priority to AC/DC over Guns...or do you want him all-in on GnR? 

Axls vocals are done for the next record, if they write anything new then of course he would have to track vocals for that.

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

He seems far more inspired with AC/DC than GN'R to be honest, so I'll go with that.

7 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

My point is you shouldn't be so dismissive of 'mindless cock rock', it's given us some of the most legendary, amazing albums ever recorded.

Idc what Axl does as long as we get new music with his vocals.

ACDC is arguably one of the most popular rock band ever... GnR is also up there. This AC/DC thing has the potential to make Axl more than the founder of GnR, it could give him a legacy as a singer for two huge bands. Not to mention as much as people might be against new AC/DC material with Axl on it, curiosity is going to win out and people are going to want to listen.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, liers said:

Idc what Axl does as long as we get new music with his vocals.

ACDC is arguably one of the most popular rock band ever... GnR is also up there. This AC/DC thing has the potential to make Axl more than the founder of GnR, it could give him a legacy as a singer for two huge bands. Not to mention as much as people might be against new AC/DC material with Axl on it, curiosity is going to win out and people are going to want to listen.

Exactly

GNR always will be my favorite band hands down no contest. But I sure hope this happens!!!!

Axl vocally can't handle the GNR catalog live, Not knocking the guy just being realistic age catches up with the best of them.

But with Ac/DC he sounds amazing night after night. Yeah everyone has an off night but he held up really good most every night. Vocally the AC/DC songs don't require the range or all those crazy screeches and sounds he makes when he sings we all know and love from GNR.

With AC/DC Axl looked the happiest I have seen him since around 2006/07 tour. Even then he was still hit and miss on his mood but that's Axl.

Also if he joins AC/DC he won't call the shots Angus will and in a weird way I think that what he wants now.