Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

Just now, bucketfoot said:

My guess is that Angus will keep doing it until he physically can't, :headbang: with or without Axl... hopefully with. Rock n' roll is in his blood and when that's the case you don't just stop because you lose band members. People saying "well, that should be you done now Angus, enjoy your retirement old boy" :lol: it just isn't going to happen.

As much as I love Brian, Axl taking over actually gave AC/DC a massive shot in the arm and re-energised them. They are a match made in heaven and would be crazy not to continue.

As much as I love Brian, listen back to his last tour, he's singing everything down at least an octave and struggling for keys. I love the guy to death, great personality and when he great he was truly something to watch. he has said it himself he was struggling so it was time to go, and he had a great run. 
Axl struggles a bit with some of the material and he's 10 or more years younger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

As much as I love Brian, listen back to his last tour, he's singing everything down at least an octave and struggling for keys. I love the guy to death, great personality and when he great he was truly something to watch. he has said it himself he was struggling so it was time to go, and he had a great run. 
Axl struggles a bit with some of the material and he's 10 or more years younger.

The band tuned down a half-step for Brian.

Saying he's singing down "at least an octave" is a massive exaggeration.

19 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

"sitting in a Chinese stew" 

These lyrics crush any AC/DC lyric ever written..

I can't wait until Axl pisses off the entire AC/DC fan base!!!!!!!

He will probably do the album with Angus first then do Guns since Angus is on even more borrowed time then Guns is. 

this was sarcasm right?

14 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

"sitting in a Chinese stew" 

These lyrics crush any AC/DC lyric ever written..

Err.... no.

14 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I can't wait until Axl pisses off the entire AC/DC fan base!!!!!!!

How's he going to do that then? He clearly loves being in the band and has won the fans over.

15 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

He will probably do the album with Angus first then do Guns since Angus is on even more borrowed time then Guns is.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl Rose reiterated a stubborn formula for 30 years of going on late to gigs or not showing up at all, he chucked that formula... Angus could do the same if he thought it was a worthwhile endeavour. 

I highly doubt it though, I can't see Angus writing a progressive rock record or playing power ballads, I fully expect a new record with Axl and Angus would be all out volcanic RAWK!!!!!!!! 

I am not the biggest fan of ballads and I can`t stand most of them. But AC∕DC has a couple of tunes that I consider ballads.

On the first Aussie High Voltage album you find "Love Song", this is a really boring ballad that I recfuce to listen to. Black Ice has "Rock`n`Roll Dream", I would say this is also a ballad.

I think an AC∕DC album with Axl will include both basic rock and blues songs similiar to what they did in the 70`s because Axl is a fan of Bon but also some newer ideas and some more commercial stuff to cover the mainstream marked.

Lets not forget Angus is only 62 makes him the youngest of the rest Stevie is also around the same they both still want too Rock n Fucking Roll  its going too be intersting the nx 12 months after GnR wrap up after 21st July even tho i wanted Arena shows in EU

9 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Lets not forget Angus is only 62 makes him the youngest of the rest Stevie is also around the same they both still want too Rock n Fucking Roll  its going too be intersting the nx 12 months after GnR wrap up after 21st July even tho i wanted Arena shows in EU

Angus - 62

Stevie - 61

Chris - 71

Axl - 56

They could release at least two or three albums of new material if they would hire a younger drummer (Simon Wright - 54 for example) at some point in the future

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Original GNR said:

Personally, I think Angus should call it a day with AC/DC now.

Phil Rudd - gone

Malcolm Young - dead

Brian Johnson - gone

Cliff Williams - gone

All that leaves from their "proper" lineup is Angus. Yes, Chris Slade has toured with them in the past, but this really isn't AC/DC anymore. 

Line-up changes are pretty normal for them

Cliff Williams replaced Mark Evans

Phil Rudd replaced Tony Currenti

Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott

Bon Scott replaced Dave Evans

AC/DC should continue and they have every right to do so

10 minutes ago, Original GNR said:

Phil Rudd - gone

Malcolm Young - dead

Brian Johnson - gone

Cliff Williams - gone

All that leaves from their "proper" lineup is Angus. Yes, Chris Slade has toured with them in the past, but this really isn't AC/DC anymore. 

Nah... Axl, Angus, Stevie, Mark Evans and Phil is a very nice lineup. Phil is not ruled out... he may come back. That's a great lineup for me... And it would be considered AC/DC by any fan.

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

Nah... Axl, Angus, Stevie, Mark Evans and Phil is a very nice lineup. Phil is not ruled out... he may come back. That's a great lineup for me... And it would be considered AC/DC by any fan.

I wouldn't mind any line-up that includes Angus and Stevie. Those two are the most important members right now.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

This man is very angry about the idea and he said that he hear the rumor that Brian is going back with AC/DC from a good source.....who knows what is the truth

I don't like his opinion....but if somebody replace Axl in GNR I would be fuming too

http://teamrock.com/feature/2018-02-06/opinion-why-axl-rose-should-leave-ac-dc-alone

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

This man is very angry about the idea and he said that he hear the rumor that Brian is going back with AC/DC from a good source.....who knows what is the truth

I don't like his opinion....but if somebody replace Axl in GNR I would be fuming too

http://teamrock.com/feature/2018-02-06/opinion-why-axl-rose-should-leave-ac-dc-alone

Axl is the best choice for AC/DC right now. He gave them their fire back.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Line-up changes are pretty normal for them

Cliff Williams replaced Mark Evans

Phil Rudd replaced Tony Currenti

Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott

Bon Scott replaced Dave Evans

AC/DC should continue and they have every right to do so

While that's true, BJ, PR & CW were in the band for decades. So yes, they may not have been "original" members, they were the face of AC/DC for most of it's life as a band. 

While Axl has done a great job on vocals, this isn't even a heavily modified lineup with the lead singer still there. 

Maybe they just shouldn't call it AC/DC!

Edit:

Edited by Original GNR

1 minute ago, Original GNR said:

While that's true, BJ, PR & CW were in the band for decades. So yes, they may not have been "original" members, they were the face of AC/DC for most of it's life as a band. 

While Axl has done a great job on vocals, this isn't even a heavily modified lineup with the lead singer still there. 

Maybe they just shouldn't call it AC/DC!

Edit:

I always considered Angus as the only face of AC/DC. He should decide if he wants to continue the band or not. Malcom himself said that the band should continue

Edited by Sosso

44 minutes ago, Original GNR said:

Phil Rudd - gone

Malcolm Young - dead

Brian Johnson - gone

Cliff Williams - gone

I cannot say I disagree, as much as it was good seeing Rose sing balls to the wall rock n' roll - and could be good in future. There is not really much left, is there?

I feel like AC/DC is one of the few bands that can get away with this intense line-up changes with integrity intact because they never do so without sticking to the album/tour machine. Angus just loves to play and he's always soldiered on so I feel like his continued presence and dedication makes it work in this case compared to many other bands who ditch members and tour just for profits.