Whats next for ac/dc?

GN'R MEX

I am fine with Angus and Axl. Just don't call it AC/DC. It's Angus, Axl, Stevie, Slade & ???. IF thats the album line-up.

I'd be all in for a GNR & Angus EP. Do it like "Lies": One half is Axl, Angus, Slade, Stevie and since they need someone on bass maybe Duff could jump in. I'd actually love Duff being apart of that.

Other half Axl, Slash, Frank, Richard & Duff.

Let’s say Axl releases an ACDC album and a gnr album in the next 3 years? Does it redeem 20 years of almost nothing? Let’s say they are the best 2 rock albums of the last two decades...is it the greatest comeback ever? 

Lets say we get nothing, no ACDC no gnr. Or both albums suck? It doesn’t change the fact that Axl’s and GNR’s Best years were 30 years ago.

he has a lot to gain but absolutely nothing to lose. I hope he makes it happen. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Let’s say Axl releases an ACDC album and a gnr album in the next 3 years? Does it redeem 20 years of almost nothing? Let’s say they are the best 2 rock albums of the last two decades...is it the greatest comeback ever?

Undoubtedly, it would be.

So....the next 4-5 months Axl & Guns put together a couple new songs; debut them on the Euro tour. When that ends, release a GH/Blu-ray/ live NITL album with the two new songs in time for XMas 2018 (which is all anyone was HONESTLY expecting- anything more was a dream). Axl then heads to Vancouver in January 2019, put vocals/melodies on a new AC/DC album, tours that for a year.

sounds plausible....

On 04/02/2018 at 5:11 AM, default_ said:

Yeah, this guy is the real deal, I just hope this isnt happening before a GNR album. Otherwise... 
Fuck.

He certainly is. Hes an australian  music journalist that has interviewed the band heaps of times. Also leaked in a weekly music street magazine in oz about david lee roth joining Van halen back in 07. Before it was public.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 7:14 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I have a feeling Angus will pen the lyrics also. The Youngs haven't let their lead singer write a lyric since 1990! They ran a tight ship and even without Malcolm around I cannot see Angus changing. I also feel Angus will be keen to stress the ''AC/DCness'' of it all, i.e., none of this Axl/DC stuff.

And no axl taking months to tweak something.

2 hours ago, shocker said:

I reckon Axl will be just as much involved in the songwriting as Angus. Not just the lyrics but also the music.

Maybe we also will hear a piano on an AC∕DC album for the first time.

I don't think that Angus would change the AC/DC formula for any new member. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shocker said:

I reckon Axl will be just as much involved in the songwriting as Angus. Not just the lyrics but also the music.

Maybe we also will hear a piano on an AC∕DC album for the first time.

I can see the acdcforum.net site having a meltdown. The more i think about axl doing ac/dc sounds like a longterm thing that doesnt pose well for another GNR release.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, shocker said:

Angus is maybe more open for new ideas than Malcolm was and that`s why I expect a "special" album from Angus and Axl.

Also, I doubt this AXL∕DC thing would happend at all if Malcolm was in the band.

This is still AC/DC, not Axl/DC. I hardly doubt that Axl will contribute more to the album than some of the lyrics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shocker said:

Angus is maybe more open for new ideas than Malcolm was and that`s why I expect a "special" album from Angus and Axl.

Also, I doubt this AXL∕DC thing would happend at all if Malcolm was in the band.

Why not? If anything Angus has fully learned the whole "keep the machine running" from Malcolm. They continued without Bon just months later, Malcolm let the band soldier on in 1988 with Stevie while he took care of himself (whereas most other band leaders likely would have postponed the tour), and he gave Angus the blessing to continue post-dementia diagnosis. Keep it running, keep it going. The guy was sitting in his hotel re-learning the songs each night for the Black Ice tour! The man didn't let anything stop the AC/DC engine.

So if Malcolm had been around for the Rock Or Bust tour I doubt suddenly he would have changed his tune. Maybe he would have been a bit more hesitant to Axl becasue of Axl's history but I'm sure Angus was too.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 3-2-2018 at 6:24 PM, Sosso said:

I think that a new AC/DC album could only be a very good thing for Axl ans his legacy. How many singers can say that they are the frontman from two of the most legendary bands in the world?

It'll take a bunch of albums before he'll be seen as an AC/DC frontman I reckon. He's still the new guy now. He hasn't recorded anything, he filled in one 1/3rd of a tour. And Angus doesnt have time for a bunch of albums. Maybe they'll find some renewed energy with Axl fronting, but I'll doubt they'll squeeze out more than two albums.

32 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

It'll take a bunch of albums before he'll be seen as an AC/DC frontman I reckon. He's still the new guy now. He hasn't recorded anything, he filled in one 1/3rd of a tour. And Angus doesnt have time for a bunch of albums. Maybe they'll find some renewed energy with Axl fronting, but I'll doubt they'll squeeze out more than two albums.

Two albums of new material within a couple of years would still be more than zero albums of new material within almost a decade.

Edited by Sosso

On 2/3/2018 at 7:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

''Done'' as with Guns N' Roses who have basically been done since 1993 (if we are all truthful)? 

Creatively maybe in some way you could argue that. In terms of success, are you seriously arguing down one of the biggest tours in current history? Those numbers suggest a lot of interest in GNR. Also, GNR now have 3 key members back in the fold, which makes them an entirely different kettle of fish to AC/DC. 

AC/DC still have the face of the band, which is in many ways the most important part when you're trying to sell the brand around the world, I honestly think they can continue and take off from where they left off. The tour with Axl proved that it was possible to go forward. Whether they should is an entirely different question. My opinion is that if Angus wants to continue and has something relevant to say musically then they should continue... with the AC/DC name.

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Youngs acquired a stubborn reputation for reiterated formula. I hardly see why Angus would change the habit of forty years! 

Axl Rose reiterated a stubborn formula for 30 years of going on late to gigs or not showing up at all, he chucked that formula... Angus could do the same if he thought it was a worthwhile endeavour. 

I highly doubt it though, I can't see Angus writing a progressive rock record or playing power ballads, I fully expect a new record with Axl and Angus would be all out volcanic RAWK!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Tom2112

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My opinion is that if Angus wants to continue and has something relevant to say musically then they should continue

My guess is that Angus will keep doing it until he physically can't, :headbang: with or without Axl... hopefully with. Rock n' roll is in his blood and when that's the case you don't just stop because you lose band members. People saying "well, that should be you done now Angus, enjoy your retirement old boy" :lol: it just isn't going to happen.

As much as I love Brian, Axl taking over actually gave AC/DC a massive shot in the arm and re-energised them. They are a match made in heaven and would be crazy not to continue.