"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

I've never gotten around to watching Braveheart, I should do really.  It came out when I was a kid and it never looked that appealling cuz, lets face it, who gives a fuck about history at that age.  Also, Mel Gibson playing a jock?  Seems a bit naff. 

On 14/01/2019 at 12:17 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Scarface

4.8/5

Paul Muni or Al Pacino? 

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Okay this one deserves the prequel backlash. 2/5

Its like all green screen/cgi. The dialogue is so boring. Anakin is an annoying fuck. I mean he would be messed up after being taken from his Mom. Here the guy finds the chosen one and then fucks his head up. And again, Darth Mauls scooter is the least menacing thing Ive ever seen in my life. I lol'ed.

I love the Clone Wars movie and TV show so its disappointing that its all rooted in this weak sauce. Its cool how at the end of the film it kinda turns into the look of the TV series.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:58 PM, soon said:

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Okay this one deserves the prequel backlash. 2/5

Its like all green screen/cgi. The dialogue is so boring. Anakin is an annoying fuck. I mean he would be messed up after being taken from his Mom. Here the guy finds the chosen one and then fucks his head up. And again, Darth Mauls scooter is the least menacing thing Ive ever seen in my life. I lol'ed.

I love the Clone Wars movie and TV show so its disappointing that its all rooted in this weak sauce. Its cool how at the end of the film it kinda turns into the look of the TV series.

I'm surprised you gave it 2. It truly is dogshit that film.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm surprised you gave it 2. It truly is dogshit that film.

It is dog shit, but its Star Wars so a 2/5. It has a lot of value in the Skywalker saga, story wise. Just executed so very poorly, film wise.

Like I say its the lead into the Clone Wars stuff I like. And its also kinda the origin story of Obi Wan as much as Anakin. Here Obi wan is still gentile but when he appears in A New Hope he's going around slicing outlaws arms off in bar fights.  Then after he's struck down he returns to this old council disposition, which is a huge contribution to restoring the balance in the force. Its also the Boba Fett origin story. I think the next stories will be Obi wan, Ahsoka and Boba Fett so this movie maters a lot even if it stinks. Also the shitty council whom the dark side is able to cloud its vision sets up the Disney era. Its really a shame how terrible of a movie it is, though.

29 minutes ago, soon said:

It is dog shit, but its Star Wars so a 2/5. It has a lot of value in the Skywalker saga, story wise. Just executed so very poorly, film wise.

Like I say its the lead into the Clone Wars stuff I like. And its also kinda the origin story of Obi Wan as much as Anakin. Here Obi wan is still gentile but when he appears in A New Hope he's going around slicing outlaws arms off in bar fights.  Then after he's struck down he returns to this old council disposition, which is a huge contribution to restoring the balance in the force. Its also the Boba Fett origin story. I think the next stories will be Obi wan, Ahsoka and Boba Fett so this movie maters a lot even if it stinks. Also the shitty council whom the dark side is able to cloud its vision sets up the Disney era. Its really a shame how terrible of a movie it is, though.

The one thing that people are unanimous on is the utter wretchedness of Attack of the Clones. Even people who like the prequels and say things like ''Episode 3 was quite good'' say that Attack of the Clones was excrement. It is full of fake digital blue screen if memory serves, more even than the other two prequels. 

• Like 1

Truth or Dare

Tully

Okay, I watched Tully because I was curious about this movie. A brother gives his pregnant sister the number of a nighttime nanny, so she can catch up on her sleep. She also has a husband who works a lot and two other kids, a boy and a girl. I'm not sure what's wrong with the boy. He has emotional issues and flies off the handle at some sounds or changes in his life. I thought he might be autistic, but that's never proven.

Anyway, the movie is pretty good. A lot of sharing of emotions.

Then there's a shocker at the end of this movie, which I'm still thinking about. If anyone's seen this movie, please send me thoughts about what you think was going on? I have a few theories, but the movie doesn't really explain and just ends. Glad I dvr 'd it so any slow parts went by. lol

Okay I was thinking about the movie Tully and I realized since the mother was very sleep deprived that is reason for this whole movie. I get it now. Still wasn't that great and why are the husband's always obvious to what their wives go through on a daily basis with taking care of the home and the kids, especially when one of your kids has his issues.

Still I felt like it was a waste of my time watching it.

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

I don’t particularly have interest, but, thoughts?

I’m  curious. The reviews I’ve seen have been passionately supportive, and HBO tend to knock stuff like this out of the park. The interview content sounds particularly brutal.